0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Give this show a toe tag, this was bad
    0%

This was a great penultimate episode before the season finale; I loved the major focus on Ward and Garrett in particular as well as what May and Coulson did together!

Comment

Good plot advancement and good setup for the finale. With so much time given to Ward's backstory, I suspect Ward is going to come back to the team - assuming, of course, that Fitzsimmons can float around for a while before rescue.

Damn, I was hoping Garrett would explode like a party balloon. That's OK, I don't think he is going to tolerate the alien blood at all. And Skye's parents were monsters? What's up with that?

Can't wait for next week.

Comment

Originally posted by spotteddog
        Good plot advancement and good setup for the finale. With so much time given to Ward's backstory, I suspect Ward is going to come back to the team - assuming, of course, that Fitzsimmons can float around for a while before rescue.

Damn, I was hoping Garrett would explode like a party balloon. That's OK, I don't think he is going to tolerate the alien blood at all. And Skye's parents were monsters? What's up with that?

Can't wait for next week.
        [SPOILER] Skye is an Inhuman. The whole 'her parents are monsters' confirms it. [/SPOILER]

Comment

Degobunny - theory or confirmed? Either way I like it !!

Comment

I think it is pretty clear now that Skye is an Inhuman. The "monsters" that came to find her in China must have come from Attilan. It helps explain why she reacted so positively to the serum that came from the (presumably) Kree at the T.A.H.I.T.I. installation.

Comment

Degobunny - theory or confirmed? Either way I like it !!
              Theory but don't see how she won't be unless they somehow connect her to the savage land with Raina
              *Skye reacting well to Kree blood; Kree created the Inhumans
              *Attilan the Inhumans mobile base was in the Himalayans for quite some time
              *The Inhumans have been refered to as monsters a lot
              *This way Skye can have Marvel roots without being a specific character.
              *They can eventually give Skye super powers
              Last edited by Degobunny; 05-06-2014, 07:50 PM.

Comment

What is an "inhuman"?

Comment

See http://marvel.com/universe/Inhumans

Degobunny, your explanation and theory are Crystal clear - I think you are correct
                  Last edited by spotteddog; 05-07-2014, 05:32 AM.

Comment

See http://marvel.com/universe/Inhumans

Degobunny, your explanation and theory are Crystal clear - I think you are correct
                    Ha!

Comment

Thanks for the read.

Not surprised to see the ancient alien hypothesis is also a thing in the MCU.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                        What is an "inhuman"?
                        Spotteddog posted a good link.

The are essentially distant relatives of humans who had there DNA tampered with by the Kree. They get super powers from the Terrigan Mist.

Crystal, Medusa and Blackbolt are the most famous ones.

Comment

I am reading book , Marvel Comics the Untold History. The Inhumans, interestingly were suppose to start in there own comic, and were created in response to Stan Lee being told by Martin Goodman who was head of Marvel at the time to expand the Marvel comicbook line. Then DC which somehow controlled Marvels distribution prevented the extra title from being sold. The Inhumans eventually were worked into the Fantastic 4 though and they went from there.

Comment

This episode was ok. It felt like a comic book, which is a plus I guess. The stuff with the ancient spy equipment being useful was very camp, it's good to see live-action comic writer re-experiment with camp after Batman and Robin gave it a bad name twenty years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                              This episode was ok. It felt like a comic book, which is a plus I guess. The stuff with the ancient spy equipment being useful was very camp, it's good to see live-action comic writer re-experiment with camp after Batman and Robin gave it a bad name twenty years ago.
                              Whedon seems to have an uncanny ability to do camp without over doing it. I think it also it helped that Roxann Dawson and Jeffery Bell were behind this episode. They were behind 'Eye-Spy' as well which was an early favorite of mine. I really hope Akela eventually comes back.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎