0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated It
    0%

'The Only Light In the Darkness' is a good episode. We get to meet Blackout from the Avengers comics in this episode. At least, he supposed to be him. We also meet the Couson's lost love at last. It's a pity that he felt that he couldn't return to her. Ward's mission for Hydra was to get Skye to Hydra. I'm surprised that he was able to pass the lie detester test. Then, he killed the guy who gave him the lie detester test, even if we didn't see it. The agents was able to defeat the villain of the episode. Now, they have to find and rescue Skye from Hydra. I also like how May left S.H.I.E.L.D and went to search for one of her relatives.

Comment

A pure 10 from me. Lots of goodness - a new view into Coulson, a very realistic turn with May leaving (for a very logical reason), an excellent cat-and-mouse game with Skye and Ward. I am starting to really like Triplett, but I am sorry to say goodbye to Koenig. And how funny was it to have May being picked up by her mother?

I now really don't know what to make of Ward. It almost seemed like he was going to tell Skye what was going on. But now Skye is clearly playing Ward as opposed to the other way around.

BTW, I am assuming that May is now going to find Maria Hill?
      Last edited by spotteddog; 04-22-2014, 07:26 PM.

Comment

I really liked tonight's episode, especially the different references to the MCU, which were mostly subtle this time around. For example, Tripp mentions that his grandfather fought HYDRA in WW2; that struck me as a nod to Gabe Jones, Derek Luke's character from "The First Avenger". Fitz mentioning Bruce Banner's knowledge of gamma rays was cool, as was Koenig's mention of the Black Widow. Amy Acker wasn't given much to work with, but she pulled it off brilliantly; I was really moved by her speech about Coulson. Brett Dalton did another good job as the corrupted Ward, but him essentially kidnapping Skye has me worried. If he indeed reports to Garrett, why would he allow Skye to choose the destination of their flight?

Finally, who is the "Maria" that May and her mother refer to? Could that be Skye's real name, or is it about Maria Hill?

Comment

Originally posted by moviefan2k4
          I really liked tonight's episode, especially the different references to the MCU, which were mostly subtle this time around. For example, Tripp mentions that his grandfather fought HYDRA in WW2; that struck me as a nod to Gabe Jones, Derek Luke's character from "The First Avenger". Fitz mentioning Bruce Banner's knowledge of gamma rays was cool, as was Koenig's mention of the Black Widow. Amy Acker wasn't given much to work with, but she pulled it off brilliantly; I was really moved by her speech about Coulson. Brett Dalton did another good job as the corrupted Ward, but him essentially kidnapping Skye has me worried. If he indeed reports to Garrett, why would he allow Skye to choose the destination of their flight?

Finally, who is the "Maria" that May and her mother refer to? Could that be Skye's real name, or is it about Maria Hill?
          Ward needs Skye to decrypt the hard drive from the plane. He is trying to lull her into a false sense of security so she will let her guard and do what he needs her to do. Skye is on to him though so the cat and mouse game will continue next week. He is letting Skye pick the destination to throw off Coulson trying to follow them.

And yes they were refering to Maria Hill as she is showing up next week.

Comment

Skye needs a full hour to hack into the NSA, she's slacking off.

On the other hand ... Amy Acker !!!!!!!! One of the most beautiful women in the Whedonverse. Four amazing roles and counting.
            Last edited by DA_Champion; 04-22-2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
              Skye needs a full hour to hack into the NSA, she's slacking off.
              In all fairness, she was using a laptop with limited capability, not even having her van's resources, much less those of SHIELD. One hour is lightning speed for a situation like that.

Comment

I realize it was a nothing part, but my favorite part of the whole episode was Tsai Chin as Melinda's Mom. In 30 seconds of screen time, I already love her.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                  I realize it was a nothing part, but my favorite part of the whole episode was Tsai Chin as Melinda's Mom. In 30 seconds of screen time, I already love her.
                  Agreed. Lots of potential for interesting backstory there.

Comment

I appreciate that the writers didn't actually tell us that she was her mother. They just made it obvious.

Comment

I thought this episode was excellent. Ward as a bad guy is really fun to watch (much better than he was before. I was a bit saddened to find out he was Hydra but he's been such a joy to watch I'm not sad anymore, just gleeful).

Telling the team Garrett was dead. Huh. And there's a lie detector chair? I could think of several ways to beat such a chair, based on what Koenig was saying about it. I liked that they mentioned Black Widow though. "Fury wanted a lie detector Romanov couldn't beat". Also Ward's little wince there. Nice.

Trip's grandpa was Howling Commando? Cool.

Mary Sue Poots. So Skye really is a Mary Sue?!

Fitz says Simmons in the chari, she says Tardis (ah, Gemma's a Whovian! Excellent. My very first thought after that was "wonder who her favorite Doctor is?" ). Ward getting around the machine by using the truth--he did come back for Skye, after all.

Coulson and Audrey, the Cellist. It was very sweet how he met her while saving her from the bad guy, who is apparently stronger now. The Darkforce appears. I do think it was a bit of a cop out to have the lights fail until Phil stepped up and then suddenly they worked on him? What? But I liked how they kept Phil in the shadows but gave Audrey a bit of hope.

I also enjoyed the talk about "Banner's technology" and how that never goes wrong. LOL!

So the decrypt of the drive is location based? Wonder where? (My guess? Where Skye and Ward first met.) And May left. Interesting how that saved her life. I'm with Skye though, not even telling anyone else she's going?

Wow, Ward played that brilliantly with Skye. Show some vulnerability, make Skye want to fic/comfort him. So clever. Then Skye figuring it out, falling apart but then pulling it together (which was nice to see, as she is an agent now--okay, of a defunct agency but still).

Ouch, Coulson is going to forgive May? Only she's already gone. I wondered what Phil would think upon learning that.

Skye finding out why she's needed was a nice touch. Will she now decoy Grant until she can contact the team or what?

And May's Mom was just awesome. She was a spy too (for a different agency)? And helping Melinda find Maria Hill.

Oh and poor Koenig. Yikes.

Just a top notch episode, with some really great acting and lots of terrific character moments.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎