No announcement yet.

Snuggle Bunny - an Easter Standalone (G) Early Clana

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snuggle Bunny - an Easter Standalone (G) Early Clana

A little "what if" story set in early Smallville - it's amazing what a costume and a little courage can do.

Snuggle Bunny - A Little Easter "Tail"

“What’s this Clark?” said Martha, walking into the kitchen with a piece of folded paper in her hand.

“What? I mean … ahh, pardon?” said Clark, blinking quickly. He looked away, unable to meet his mother’s eye. He knew exactly what it was and what it said.

“I was doing some washing and I found this note from school in your pocket … it’s all twisted up, like you were going to throw it away?”

“I … ahh … was.” Clark frowned and moved to take his plate to the sink. If only he’d incinerated the paper before Martha had seen it, she’d have been none the wiser.

“But it says …. .” Martha delicately unfolded it without tearing. “There’s a school Hat and Costume Parade for Easter.”

“So?”

“So … weren’t you going to ask me to help with that? Or are you so grown up since you’ve been in High School a while now and can make your own,” said Martha, smiling and ruffling her hand through her teenage son’s thick, dark curls.

Martha Kent was used to juggling the complex pieces of the paradox of her alien son and hadn’t dropped one so far. If he’d wanted to, Clark could have pushed down the school buildings like a house of cards and sped out of there for an uncontrolled life of excitement and power. But he’d been raised as a human with moral principles and his tender, unsettled teenage emotions needed gentle guiding to help him grow into the huge responsibility she was coming to believe he’d been born to. And she knew someone else who’d like to help.

“It doesn’t matter. I’m not going.”

“Is this about Lana?” she asked casually, pushing a piece of new-made cherry pie in front of him.

No. Urghh, why would you think that?” muttered Clark, colouring.

Everything was about Lana. She was the stunningly beautiful girl-next-door that he had been in love with since he was five. But it seemed lately they’d grown apart - like passing acquaintance, nothing more. She was a Cheerleader – in with the popular crowd. And he’d heard from Pete, his best friend, that the quarterback of the school had asked her out. Her Aunt Nell would be sure to encourage that. No mere farm boy was good enough for her niece.

Ever since Clark had been given the note and seen the posters up around the school, he’d had a hard time controlling his heat-vision. It was the recurring image of Lana in a skimpy Bunny outfit which wiggled tantalizingly before his eyes. No-one else in the whole of Smallville had the cute, curvy backside to carry off a fluffy bunny tail like Lana did.

“Good then, it’s settled,” said Martha with cheerful finality.

Sometimes Clark just needed that little push, to help him on his way. Martha knew full-well how Clark felt about their lovely neighbour. And Lana wasn’t as indifferent as she seemed to be. She was a very clever girl and Martha had seen her watching him. A woman knows these things. And if it put their high-and-mighty neighbour, Prissy Potter’s nose out of joint … so much the better. Martha had never quite forgiven Nell for once setting her cap at Jonathan Kent. But they were even. Nell Potter had never forgiven Martha from “stealing him away from under her nose” as she thought of it.

“But Mom … it’s so childish. Like we were back in 5th grade or something.”

“The proceeds go to charity … and it’s a bit of fun. No one’s too old for that,” said Martha. “Let your real self out for once, honey and enjoy it. After Church this Sunday we’ll get out my Bits and Pieces box and see what we think.”

Clark knew he was a goner. Once his mother said ‘we’, there was no getting out of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey Pete! Wait up,” said Clark, the following Monday morning.

His friend turned from entering the hall doorway and walked down the steps to where Clark stood near the garden edging.

“What’s the deal?” said Pete. “You forget your homework again cause you were spying on a certain someone with a telescope all weekend?” He grinned and poked Clark in the ribs. “Ouch! Gotta remember not to do that.”

“I need your help.”

“You? Need my help? Oh, this is rich,” said Pete, hands on hips. “You kick the football out into the Danger Zone and need me to go get it again?” Pete knew about Clark and his weakness to Green K. Any land besides the Kent farm might not be safe for Clark.

“No, it’s not that. My Mom’s gone crazy, okay?”

“Runs in the family,” Peter muttered.

“I heard that.”

“So tell me what’s going on.”

“I need you to swap costumes with me for the Easter Parade after school today.”

“You’re kidding right? I’m like half your size, Stretch.”

“I don’t care. We’ll make it fit somehow. I can’t wear what my Mom made for me. I think she’s cracking under the pressure.”

“Of what?”

“My … ahh … secret. You know,” said Clark, looking around.

“I think you better show me.”

Clark pulled Peter further into the cover of the garden shrubs. He drew out a large paper bag from his school back pack and handed it to Pete. Pete took one look inside and nearly collapsed on the ground in laughter.

“Thanks, buddy,” said Clark, rolling his eyes. “Now do you see what I mean?”

Inside the bag was a sort of gleaming silver jacket, gloves and a stainless steel colander for a hat with tall bobble-ended antennas attached made out of fencing wire and shiny Christmas balls.

“It’s a … it’s a …,” gasped Pete, holding his stomach.

“Spaceman costume,” said Clark. “I can’t wear that.”

“Even though you are one?”

“Exactly. So where’s yours … we’ll swap now in case I don’t catch up with you in last period.”

“You’re not gon-na liiiiike it …,” said Pete in a sing-song voice.

He grabbed the plastic bag from his friend. “Nothing could be worse than …” Clark looked inside. “Oh.”

“Yeah. See? You think your Mom’s crazy? She’s got nothin’ on my Momma. All the while she was pinning it on she was laughing and making jokes about ‘milk chocolate’. Go figure,” said Pete.

Then the bell rang and they both ran to their lockers before the first lesson began.

After school their class was assembled in the gymnasium. Or rather it appeared that a bunch of Easter-themed cowboys, Dutch Girls, robots, dinosaurs and a whole host of fluffy animal creatures, carrying cane baskets of coloured eggs had enrolled in Smallville that year.

Clark leaned against the back wall, trying vainly to make himself as small as possible. And right near the doorway to the boy’s locker room in case he needed to go and dunk his head. His eyes were glued on Lana. It was just as he’d imagined. Only better.

When it was her turn with two or three other girls to do an exhibition walk in front of the assembled students, there were some groans and wolf-whistles and Clark could hardly stop himself from joining in. Except he felt it wouldn’t be polite.

Lana’s deep navy costume was more like a one-piece swimsuit, but with no straps to keep it up. Clark wondered how that worked. Her long, dark hair spread out over her golden shoulders. Her supple body which he’d dreamed about one or two … hundred times, showed how she was blossoming into womanhood. And on the top of her head was a thick, fluffy headband with cheekily bent pink and white bunny ears. But it was her legs Clark kept staring at and when she turned around … oh boy. He thought he would have to make a run for the frigid showers. On Lana’s much-admired behind was the cutest white bunny tail he could ever imagine.

As she passed his hideout location, she glanced his way with the ghost of a wink. What? And then, in an even more surprising move, she smacked the hand of Whitney Fordman, the school quarterback when he tried to pinch her as she walked past.

Clark’s own walk of shame couldn’t end too quickly. The legs of the costume barely reached his knees. He’d taken the silly headdress off – thank goodness the rest wasn’t close fitting around his body since there were quite enough other things erect. He was pulled along by Pete, draped in the oversized silver jacket, antenna bobbing wildly. Strangely enough, they got a huge cheer.

When it came to count the votes, to Clark’s surprise he heard his name being called along with Lana’s. He stumbled onto the makeshift gym-mat dais, wide eyed. Lana smiled at him and felt for his hand.

“Us Bunny Rabbits have to stick together,” she whispered to Clark.

In a daze, he allowed her to take the hat with large brown ears from his nerveless fingers and place it on his head while Mrs Cadwallader announced them as this year’s Easter Parade winners amongst deafening applause.

“I present to you … The Smallville High Snuggle Bunnies,” the jovial woman called out loudly. She held out a large basket of chocolate eggs and novelties to a red-faced Clark, but it was Lana who ended up taking it and thanked the teacher.

“We can share, can’t we?” giggled Lana. “Oh, look … my favourite: Hershey Kisses.”

“You can have anything you want,” said Clark, slowly.

He blinked as Lana’s face seemed to suddenly pop up level with his own – she’d found a small springboard to climb up on as the crowd dispersed to change clothes and make their way home.

“And what if I want the real thing?” she asked, in the merest whisper.

Clark Kent, her shy, handsome neighbour had taken to falling down when she was around, or avoiding her altogether. Why was it that the hurt from apparent indifference from Clark far outweighed the drooling attention of half the football team? It had become a bit clearer after her little talk with Martha Kent.

“Lana … I … you … ahh,” stuttered Clark.

“You don’t want to kiss me?” said Lana, pouting.

NO! That is … I …”

“Hey, congratulations Bugs!” said Pete, clapping Clark on the shoulder. Clark groaned – could Pete’s timing have been any worse?

“I guess we can talk about that on the way,” said Lana. “Nell let me use her car today; I’ll give you a ride home.”

Clark had to remind himself to breathe. Not only did Lana seem to want to kiss him, but he was going to be alone with her all the way home, instead of the crowded, sweaty bus?

Pete shoved a bag towards Clark. “Better swap costumes back, man.”

“Ahh … sure.”

Lana paused on her way to the change room, listening. She only took a moment to slip on her sweat pants and jacket.

Clark hardly remembered the pleasant journey home. There was some light conversation on Lana’s part and some murmured answers on his. He was concentrating on not hyperventilating at the warm, fragrant nearness of her shoulder to his in the car.

In the driveway of the Kent farm, Lana carefully put the car into park. Nell would go ballistic if there was so much as a tiny scratch mark.

Clark picked up the large basket of Easter goodies. “Will we go and show my Mom?”

“Don’t you think we should do the sharing first?” said Lana. “Just so she doesn’t get disappointed. There must be a box or basket in here.” She began to walk to the barn.

“Don’t you … have to get back to your Aunt right away?” said Clark.

“Oh, no. She’s at some big fancy party in the city. That’s why she leant me her car,” said Lana, breezily. “She’ll be gone for hours.”

Clark smiled and followed her quickly, darting in front to pull the large door open.

Lana looked up at him with those big, hazel eyes that could make him believe anything. Even that he had a chance.

He took a deep breath and stepped closer, almost pressing her against the door. “Can I answer your question now?”

“Which one?” said Lana, huskily, winding her hand around the back of his neck.

“This one …”

Clark’s lips brushed against the softness of hers. She parted them slightly, allowing him to suck in her bottom lip. And she thought that sensation was the most wonderful she’d ever known. Until he deepened the kiss. And many minutes were spent in the delicious task of getting to know each other’s mouth.

“Oh,” said Lana, gasping for breath. “That was some answer.”

Clark wrapped his strong arms around her, content. “Satisfactory?”

“Oh, yeah. Shame Pete had to take the big ears back. I kinda like you as my snuggle bunny.”

“I bet I can borrow them anytime you want,” said Clark, quickly.

“Mmm, I hope all your other answers are going to be just as good,” she said, laying her head against his chest.

“And, they would be about …?” he asked, suddenly nervous.

Lana felt his heart speed up.

“Nothing much really … just wondered why you swapped costumes with Pete. The space one suits you much better …”

“Lana … I …”

“We’re sharing, Clark. Remember? A relationship has to be built on trust.”

“Relationship?” he said, moving back and seeing the confirmation of all his hopes in the loving look on her face.

“Sure,” she said, reaching up to kiss his cheek. “You do something for me, I do something for you.”

“Okay, here’s the first truth,” said Clark, taking a deep breath. “I’ll do anything for you, Lana.”

“That’s good,” she said, taking him by the hand as she headed for the loft stairs. “Because I seem to be having trouble taking off my bunny tail. Do you think you could help with that?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Martha Kent glanced out of the kitchen window. She thought she’d seen a tiny burst of flame shoot out the loft window, followed by a haze of smoke as if a fire had been suddenly smothered. Clark must have everything under control. Martha smiled. She was sure Lana was keen to assist in the process.

The phone rang. It was Pete Ross. Nice boy and a good friend. But he’d be a shrewd business man one day.

“Yes, Pete. Everything’s fine. And I’ll deliver you an apple and cranberry pie tomorrow and a dozen pecan muffins the day after.”

“Thanks, that’d be wonderful, Mrs Kent. But I feel like I’m taking advantage. We only swapped costumes for a few minutes.”

“On the contrary, Pete. It was long enough to change a life. Wish your mother a Happy Easter for me.”

How fitting, thought Martha Kent as she put down the phone. The message of joy and hope Easter brings was alive in her heart. It was a time of gladness and new beginnings for all of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Easter 2014

Seaspray, that was such a sweet and funny fic. I sincerely hope that you add a little more to it because I would really like to see where Clark and Lana's relationship goes from here. Again, great fic and God bless you!!

Comment

Give this person a book deal, or if not me and I'll plagiarize it and say I did it!

Comment

Nick of kandor
        I sincerely hope that you add a little more to it because I would really like to see where Clark and Lana's relationship goes from here.
        Mate, thanks for reading and approving this fun little fic. I designed it purely as a standalone and readers can imagine where they go from here. BUT, if I ever had another idea I wanted to add to this, I'd do that for you, for sure.

Red Devil
        Give this person a book deal, or if not me and I'll plagiarize it and say I did it!
        Thanks for a good laugh! If someone would pay me to write this stuff, believe me, I'd be very happy. I'm wondering if you liked this cause there was a Welsh name in it? ROFL

Thank you both for your replies.

Comment

Your quite welcome for the reply, Seaspray! I'm glad you'd be willing to add a little more to the story if you ever had other ideas. God bless you!

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎