Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Meta Fiction"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Meta Fiction"?

Metatron at the typewriter, the music, the setting. Very "Masterpiece Theater".

Carver Edlund books scattered around.

Shower!Dean, yes! How long until those images become gifs/avis?

Cas ripped his coat?

Wow, that's a lot of dead angels!

Now the boys know Gadreel is working for Metatron. I forget sometimes that the boys don't know these things until they are revealed on screen.

Cas and his joy at talking to Dean again was kind of nice.

Uh oh, the lights flickered! In the SPN universe that's never a good thing!

Casa Erotica and Gabriel? Okay, I have to confess here, I wasn't completely shocked. Over on the spoiler section there were reports that Richard had been seen in Vancouver, at the SPN set. One of the producers tweeted something that heavily implied that Richard was up there learning the ropes to possibly direct an episode for Season 10. Some fans had theories that we would see Gabriel before the end of this season or possibly next. I did think it might happen but I was very surprised to discover him in this episode!

Only, it seems, to not really be real (or is he? This is Trickster/Gabriel we're talking about!).
    "I really hate continuity errors"--we fans do too!

Gadreel facing off again his former meat suit, Sam.

Metatron downloading pop culture (well, books and movies--did that include TV shows and music as well?) to Castiel. So he understands pop culture references now? Not sure how I feel about that.

Cas as the villain, Metatron as the hero?

Dean wanting revenge against Gadreel (frankly, I'm surprised after how he acted when Gad killed Kevin, that he held off as long as he did). And it was obvious that Gad was trying to get Dean to kill him. But why? And oops, they almost set off the Mark again!

Trading Gadreel for Cas? Knew the holy fire wouldn't hold Metatron. The boys finally seem to be getting how serious the angel side stuff really is. Yes, ganking Abaddon is important but I would think that the Heaven stuff would be a little more so, you know?

Cas and his reaction to the Mark of Cain, interesting.

And Cas using the angel signal? Hmmm, was that Metatron messing with stuff or did he do that of his violition?

So a decent episode. I'm glad we finally really seem to be gearing up the main mytharc of this year.

Now, if the writers would just fix the boys!
    10--Meta fantastic!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--Meta fail
    0%

The poll is expired.

Overall, it was a decent episode. I think Gadreel wanted to die because the whole thing with Metatron is a bad situation, and his being linked with him means really bad news. So instead of being locked up & tortured again - or worse - he wants death instead. Also strongly implied that imprisonment again will be too much for him, thus trying to get Dean to kill him instead of leaving him stuck in that chair and torturing him.

I watch too much Archer and my mind tends to revert back to adolescence easily, because when Gadreel was goading Sam and said "I've been inside you, Sam Winchester.", the first and immediate thing to pop into my mind was 'uh, phrasing'. And with that, I just thought of how the SPN team could blow the minds of the Destiel shippers everywhere........

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎