No announcement yet.

The Librarians (TNT)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cosmicbimbo
    1. I thought they did. Isn't that the business that he was running that was being picketed?
    Ah, sorry I meant when Jake and his Dad were talking about how, when Jake left the business was solvent and months later he came back and it was in debt. Jake put forth some theories as to why (including it all "going in the flask") but none were ever confirmed, alas. I just find myself curious as to what Papa Stone did to drive his business into debt.

So I got to see "And the Hollow Men". Which was fantastic, IMO.

Loved Ray being the Spirit of the Library and how Flynn had so many questions for him. Also the references to Judson and to Charlene made my day (I would so love, love, love for either Bob Newhart or Jane Curtain to return, even for a cameo).

The traps to get to the Staff reminded me of that one with Nicole (I think it was Nicole) where they had to waltz to get past. Nice.

Flynn and Baird having issues. I didn't much care for the fact that they made Flynn look sort of cowardly (he doesn't 'run', to me, he goes off in pursuit of knowledge. What's wrong with that?) but otherwise, Moriarity was fun. I thought maybe he was playing Baird in the truck but at the end, when he said he meant everything? I had to wonder if maybe he really is on the level.

Jenkins offering his immortality to power the Library. A very touching moment, as was the team not leaving his side.

So I did not think there was a new episode this past Sunday (the 29th) as there was none scheduled in my DVR. I assumed the show was taking the time off for Thanksgiving weekend. Whoops! I missed the Frakes directed episode, it seems. With John DeLancie! Argh. Ah well, will have to catch it on the rerun, I guess. (I didn't see you "new episode tonight" post, Jeff, until I logged back in--today.)

Comment

Do you have something like "Prime time on demand"? Or maybe you van watch it online? I missed it to and will be watching on "prime time on demand"

Comment

Do you have something like "Prime time on demand"? Or maybe you van watch it online? I missed it to and will be watching on "prime time on demand"
        Unfortunately, no I don't have "on demand". But I'm sure I'll be able to see it somehow. TNT has a tendency to repeat stuff a lot.

Comment

New Episode Tonight

Comment

I like that they giving Jenkins more to do this season. I wonder if the Librarians are every going to find out that he is Galahad.

Comment

New Episode Tonight

Comment

I like that they giving Jenkins more to do this season. I wonder if the Librarians are every going to find out that he is Galahad.
                Baird said that Morgan called him Galahad in front of them all last season I believe. So that would mean they would have to be aware of it, though I doubt it's something that is going to be truly explored in great depth now that we seem to have passed the Arthur/Merlin part of the series.

It would be great if he could be explored a lot more and I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually do intend to explore him slightly with teasers over the course of the show, especially as this week's episode is [SPOILER]exploring Ezekiel majorly[/SPOILER].

Comment

No she didn't. She called him Galeas in front of Eve but, nothing was shown to indicate that Eve put two and two together. Plus, if she knew she wouldn't have said "if you are what I think you are" when sending Jenkins to save the librarians from the gas.
                  Last edited by cosmicbimbo; 12-13-2015, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Well, not quite caught up but I did get to see "Image of Image", which was all right.

Poor Jake never makes it into the club, does he?

I wondered if Dorian Grey was a fictional but him having been real was a better twist, I thought. I also liked that Jenkins knew him. I suppose, as a fellow "immortal" he would.

Cassandra getting drunk was cute at first then it started to grate a little.

I did enjoy the commentary on society being so image obsessed.

A solid episode but felt a bit filler-ish, I guess?

Comment

• Originally posted by cosmicbimbo
                      No she didn't. She called him Galeas in front of Eve but, nothing was shown to indicate that Eve put two and two together. Plus, if she knew she wouldn't have said "if you are what I think you are" when sending Jenkins to save the librarians from the gas.
                      Oh my mistake, I thought she had put it together.

Comment

• Got picked up for a 3rd season

Comment

• Originally posted by superhippie2000
                          Got picked up for a 3rd season
                          With an extra 3 episodes for the next season. It's now going to be a 13 episode season rather then a 10 episode season like the first.

TNT today has officially renewed adventure drama The Librarians, serialized crime drama Murder In The First and crime procedural Major Crimes.

Comment

• I saw the good news about the Season 3 pickup (and the extra episodes)! Still haven't watched last week's episode (hope to tonight). Only two more to go.

Comment

• New Episode Tonight

Comment

• I'm still an episode behind but I got to see "Point of Salvation" so thought I'd leave my thoughts.

A very Ezekiel-centric episode, which was nice. It was also nice for him to get some growth as a character, though I'm sorry it won't be 'sticking' what with him having forgotten everything he learned in the game. Shame.

A time loop? No. A video game. I wondered, since we saw the guy playing a video game right before the accident.

BTW, was that Brent Spiner as the voice of Puck? If so, that makes me very happy because he did the voice of Puck once before--on the cartoon show Gargoyles (which also had the voices of Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis on it as well). I enjoyed all of Puck's scenes, how he spoke to Jenkins about how he (Puck) knows when and how Galeas can/will die. Intriguing.

Ah, the end! The team rushes off into danger. Typical.

A solid entry and, as I said, I enjoyed the focus on Ezekiel. Just wish he'd stayed a bit more 'grown up'.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎