No announcement yet.

Implications of Captain America: The Winter Soldier on the show

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Implications of Captain America: The Winter Soldier on the show

What effects do you think will come onto the show after the events of the Captain America sequel?

Movie spoilers are allowed here. I've posted my own thoughts here: http://shieldsite.net/?p=21285

I want to know if Victoria is really the Clairvoyant, or just another corrupt SHIELD agent like Pierce. She definitely seems to be on the wrong side, assigning Jasper to that ship then ordering that everyone on Coulson's plane be killed except him. Cobie is great as Maria Hill; I'd love to see her as a regular on the show, and in more films as well.

Comment

In the last ep., Simmons was saying something about agents storming her lab, so I'm assuming the SHIELD civil war had begun in the show's timeline probably soon after Pierce knew that Cap wasn't going to play ball and Cap was caught with an elevator full of SHIELD/Hydra agents.

Fury probably knew that something was up at SHIELD HQ and wanted someone like May on Coulson's team that would be off-grid and answerable to him before the Clairvoyant (or Hydra) got wind of it.

I don't think Ward has anything to do with Hydra (though it may explain why Coulson was freaking out with him, assuming Coulson got word of the Hydra coup at Triskelion sometime between Ward's transfer to the Bus and his interrogation?), but I wouldn't rule out the Clairvoyant's influence on him. Trip spoke with both Ward and Simmons earlier ... and both later ran into SHIELD-related snafus. It's more than coincidental.

The film also puts into context the friction Coulson's been having with the higher-ups at SHIELD: were they all Hydra loyalists trying to subvert Coulson's efforts in getting too close to their final solution scheme? Hydra's barely registered on the show (if that), so the film is basically filling in the blanks. Victoria could be either yet another Hydra disciple, or one of the Clairvoyant's. Coulson and team can't trust SHIELD now and whether it's the Clairvoyant or Hydra involved, their only option is to go off grid. They could still report to Fury and the surviving SHIELD loyalists, but May and Coulson would have to see eye-to-eye before they get to this stage.

(Oh, and I want Emily VanCamp in everything Marvel, including AoS. There, I said it.)

Comment

SHIELD will likely be reformed, as a new organization. It won't be "Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division" anymore, but still have the acronym "SHIELD" (so, they'll still be Agents of Shield). SHIELD started out as "Supreme Headquarters, International Espionage, Law-Enforcement Division", in the comics, then became "Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistics Directorate", in the 90's. So, it hasn't exactly had just one name, in the comics. Maybe they'll become "Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Law-Enforcement Directorate" (using words from the two names in the comics).

On the matter of the Clairvoyant, my prime suspect is Zola. Sure, we saw him get blown up. But, come on, you mean to tell me, that a smart guy like that didn't have a back-up? And he was left there, without anyone guarding him.

As for Hill. I don't see her being a regular. When she joins "new SHIELD", she'd probably still be deputy director (or director, as Fury's officially dead), not someone who'd travel with one specific team on its missions, on a regular basis. She'd be more like Erin Strauss, on Criminal Minds. Show up briefly, a couple of times. Follow with them, on a mission, once or twice.
        Last edited by jon-el87; 04-05-2014, 01:34 PM.

Comment

I could see the show being renamed Agents of SWORD.

Comment

This will be fun to watch. It was good of them to include Sitwell on the show.

Comment

Matt Tucker suggested as a comment to my article that maybe Arnim Zola is the Clairvoyant. THERE'D be a tie-in...

I wish Maria Hill and Agent 13 were on the show

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                Matt Tucker suggested as a comment to my article that maybe Arnim Zola is the Clairvoyant. THERE'D be a tie-in...

I wish Maria Hill and Agent 13 were on the show
                Well I think we can expect to see Maria Hill next season for at least a few episodes (not sure if Smulders wants to sign on as a series regular again for a while).

I'm sure they could get Agent 13 on for at least 2 episodes next season since Revenge is on ABC too and I'm sure they can make the schedule work. Although if Revenge gets cancelled (not sure how well it does in ratings right now), maybe they can tap her for a regular status in season 2.

Comment

I'm posting this video here, instead of creating a new thread.

Comment

Okay, so Fury's coming back to AoS.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                      http://shieldsite.net/samuel-l-jacks...n-finale/21294

Okay, so Fury's coming back to AoS.
                      I can't say I'm surprised at all with everything that's happened in CA2 and the latest episode. It was a fairly clear build up to him being in it.

Comment

Spoiler warning!

Comment

If you can't head to the Hill, the Hill will come to you.

Comment

I am starting to wonder who will fund the activities of the team. SHIELD is gone - does anyone know Tony Starks phone number?

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎