#1.18 "Smoke and Mirrors"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1.18 "Smoke and Mirrors"

What did you think of the episode?

It's seems to me like Jedikiah is the one telling the truth and the Founder is just manipulating Stephen.
    I thought it was kind of weird that Stephen is trusting the Founder so fast he jumps right into the machine. After everything the Founder did he just trusts him after a short period and dealing with one breakout..
    Roger clearly diddn't like that Stephen used the machine in that spirit world or something they were in.

Cara doesn't know what she wants, she's clearly jealous.

I wonder if Luca gets powers now he's getting involved in Stephens life or the writers are just going to ignore that upcoming episodes and leave him human.

It was a good episode the show is really getting a lot better!
    10 - Awesome!
    0%
    9 - Very good!
    0%
    8 - Good!
    0%
    7 - Nice
    0%
    6 - It was Okay
    0%
    5 - Mwah
    0%
    4 - Not that good
    0%
    3 - Don't care anymore
    0%
    2 - Bad
    0%
    1 - Awful
    0%

Good EP. I don't think Luca will get powers and end up like uncle Jed. I love Peyton List but Cara is getting annoying this jealousy thing is pushing it.

Comment

I thought this episode was okay.

The idea of the Founder taking over and reversing all of Jed's policies was a neat one.

I also liked the idea of a breakout doing street magic. It was cute.

Stephen 'hanging up' on Cara, John's "why are you stalking Stephen?" and them meeting up for the 'double date', all cute things. Though I found it strange that Stephen is supposed to be a high school student and the bartender didn't even bat an eyelash at him ordering beer. I mean, I know Robbie Amell doesn't look high school age but it doesn't help with the belief that is if he can do that (also, we haven't seen Stephen in school or even heard him talk about it in forever!).

The girls have a catfight and the guys have to 'make it look real'. John getting in that last shot too. I could have sworn he was over his jealousy. Why are they bringing that back?

Jed threatening Luca to get Stephen to use his powers. So now Luca knows. This would have been an excellent time to bring in Mama Jamison. I realize the actress might not have been available but it seemed odd to have this big disclosure and not have her there.

Stephen beating up Jed.

Jed hacking Tim and John playing him, then at the park as well. Seems to be setting up John vs. Stephen, which I'm not sure if that will be great or terrible. Jed taking John to John (Luke did a great job with those moments, I felt. The anger and yet the pain came through so well. I honesty believe that Luke and Mark Pelligrino are the strongest of the cast), and him making the deal.

Stephen and Hilary hook up *sigh* and the Founder talks Stephen into stepping into the machine. Roger obviously wasn't happy about that.

Comment

I knew immediately that I could never trust the Founder he was torturing his own daughter for personal gain every villain in the history of villainy that has done that always gets there's in the end.

Roger only has to go on what Jedekiah told him about the machine but still how can you trust a man that sinister. His power of disintegrating metal and not only metal but a chip as well makes him a little scary.

I Like the jealousy thing only because it reminds me or rather reassures me that Stephen and Cara aren't done yet.

I think that Luca turning into Jed would be a cool plot twist although it would then be hard to explain he stopped the camera from falling on the bridge if it wasn't the boyfriend. Also it would be hard to not have a "Homo Superior" child when both parents are. Its like the odds of two redheaded adults having a non redheaded child.

I am still utterly confused on who Cara and her gang should be trusting at this point but I want to say it is Jedekiah because come on the man may have tortured people but they weren't his children.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎