No announcement yet.

Question from an ignorant wanna video gamer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question from an ignorant wanna video gamer

I grew up playing video games and they were a big part of my life in the years 1990-2000, approximately. I stopped playing video games at approximately that point, at the transition from SNES/Genesis to N64/Playstation/Saturn, because I could not afford it.

The years went by, I have more money now from having an actual job rather than being in school, and I wouldn't mind getting back into video games, I just don't know where to start. I went into an electronic boutique today, they had a Wii U come with luigi brothers and mario brothers for $430, I thought of buying that but I decided I should wait a bit before picking a system, wait a few weeks maybe. There are zillions of games for xbox and playstation as well. I notice that the hardware is up to playstation 4 now.

My problem is that most video games today are too complicated. I really loved the "traditional" simple games like Mega Man and Super Metroid, I also don't have as much time as I used to, so ultra-complex games like the Batman games are out of question. The good news is that Wii games can play on the Wii U. I wonder if the gamecube games can play on it too.

I saw that Zelda: A Link to the Past has a sequel, but it's only for the portable system unfortunately.

Originally posted by DA_Champion
    I grew up playing video games and they were a big part of my life in the years 1990-2000, approximately. I stopped playing video games at approximately that point, at the transition from SNES/Genesis to N64/Playstation/Saturn, because I could not afford it.

The years went by, I have more money now from having an actual job rather than being in school, and I wouldn't mind getting back into video games, I just don't know where to start. I went into an electronic boutique today, they had a Wii U come with luigi brothers and mario brothers for $430, I thought of buying that but I decided I should wait a bit before picking a system, wait a few weeks maybe. There are zillions of games for xbox and playstation as well. I notice that the hardware is up to playstation 4 now.

My problem is that most video games today are too complicated. I really loved the "traditional" simple games like Mega Man and Super Metroid, I also don't have as much time as I used to, so ultra-complex games like the Batman games are out of question. The good news is that Wii games can play on the Wii U. I wonder if the gamecube games can play on it too.

I saw that Zelda: A Link to the Past has a sequel, but it's only for the portable system unfortunately.
    I am not as knowledgeable about the Wii U because I never invested in it. However the portable system the 3ds is a great system that has a lot of the classics for download, and has a controller with a classic feel. I would assume to Wii U has downloadable games and an N64 type controller like the Wii. However the main advantage of the 3ds is the amount of games it can play. You can play all ds games on it, but also has a lot of good game for its system ( zelda a link between world's and Oceania of time, lots of Mario games, street fighter 4 ect.) The Wii U is currently limited in that department, though it is probably compatible with the Wii at least. However there is a new Zelda game coming to the Wii U later this year. I am going to double check but I am fairly certain you can download mega man for the 3ds at least.

Comment

With the Wii U it can play Wii U and Wii games. You can also download NES, SNES, PC Engine, and GBA games currently.

You can download N64, Master System, Genesis, Neo-Geo, and Arcade games on the Wii U but you have to play them through the Wii Menu.

Wii U is also getting the ability to play DS titles.

They don't have much support from the big-name 3rd Party developers but it is getting a lot of indie support.

Gamecube games can't play on the Wii U; it is still possible in the future but it will have to be emulated.
      Last edited by Halberdier17; 03-23-2014, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Is there something wrong with Wii Menu?

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
          Is there something wrong with Wii Menu?
          No it is just that those games aren't compatible with the Wii U yet but if you transferred all your games from the Wii to the Wii U the only way to play those games is to click on the Wii menu. You will have to use the Wii Remote or one of the Wii Classic Controllers to play those games properly.

You have to go to the Wii Menu app on the Wii U to play Wii discs as well.
          Last edited by Halberdier17; 03-23-2014, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎