Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we all love Felicity, but when she confronted Moira...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
    She cares about Oliver and this is a thing that doesn't need to blindside Ollie later on. I was fine with it. I worry about Thea now.
    agreed! Felicity confronted Moira because Felicity cares about Oliver and Felicity didn't wan't this to blindside Oliver later on.

Comment

Originally posted by badraven
      Felicity's fealty is to Oliver, not his mother. She tried to get Moira to do the right thing. Moira choose not to do that. That's on her, not Felicity.
      great way of putting it! Felicity confronted Moira because Felicity cares about Oliver and wanted to give Moira a chance to do the right thing because Felicity is awesome !

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
        I agree it is better for Felicity to tell Oliver now instead of Oliver finding out later and getting mad at Felicity because she kept it from him.
        yeah totally true! and also because Felicity is too nice to want to keep secrets from someone, especially someone she cares about on such a deep level! and Felicity knew Oliver would be mad at her if she kept this extremely big secret from Oliver !

Comment

Originally posted by Rob14
          Exactly. Felicity's whole purpose in talking with Moira was simply to try and get her to do the right thing. I will admit that it felt somewhat uncharacteristic of her, but come on! The last time funds went inexplicably missing from that very same account, it was because Moira Queen used it to fund The Undertaking and its earthquake machine. Can anyone on here honestly tell me that you wouldn't be prepared to confront Oliver's mother, on the off chance that she's being *AHEM* forced against her will to do something nefarious?

Felicity can't help it if she's bothered by something, and Oliver noticed that before he took the stage during his mother's mayoral candidacy announcement. So, rather than leave Oliver in the dark, Felicity just came out and told him the truth. I don't blame Felicity one bit for any of this! She was just doing what any deeply concerned person would. Moira had her chance at redemption, but she chose to continue with her lies and secrets, and she chose furthermore to use her own daughter as a pawn to get out of prison. (Yes, we all know it was Malcolm who "persuaded" the jury to acquit her of all charges. But at the time, nobody — not even Moira — knew that he was still alive.) Moira went to great lengths to keep word from getting out that Thea was Malcolm's daughter, simply so she could have a chance at being acquitted on the basis of her children — Thea in particular — being potential targets for Malcolm Merlyn... should she have turned against him.
          totally agreed!!! i honestly think Felicity did the right thing and it wasn't that outta place for Felicity to do something like this, as what you said, Felicity can't help it if she is bothered by something, and Felicity isn't that type of person to leave Oliver in the dark! Felicity is soo awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by cryhwks
            Thank you for posting this because I felt the same way it was the reason why I didn't like this Episode the 1st time I watched it. Because it felt way out of character for Felicity to just confront Moria from what seemed out of no where like that. I think why it happened was so the writers could force Ollie into knowing that Malcolm is Thea's father but I think they could have found a way better solution.
            yeah thats what i thought also, the producers of Arrow could of done it a better way, but they are on a pretty hectic and tight schedule so they don't have that much time to think very deeply about a situation (the producers of Arrow still have time to think about it, they just don't have a lot of time to think about it...

Comment

Originally posted by TheSecretVampire
              I really like that Felicity told Oliver the truth about Thea. She could've been selfish and not tell, but took the chance of telling Oliver, even if it broke any potential love bridge they might of had. Also, Moira's vocal threat to Felicity was pretty weak, lol. Moira ran out of cards to play on that one. Felicity would sacrifice that much to tell Oliver. Kind of funny on one hand how Moira handled herself against Blood's threat of backing out, then on the other hand how she was pretty much poor on her threat to Felicity.
              yeah Felicity would do/sacrifice a lot for Oliver!

Comment

When Felicity confronted Moira I felt like she was way out of her depth. Not to say it seemed out of character, but trying to manipulate someone who is that level of manipulator rarely turns out well.

Are we sure Felicity was the one who told Ollie? I thought he went straight from asking her what was wrong and getting told about her family to the stage. Unless I missed something, I think it's just as likely that Blood told him to try driving a wedge between them.

Comment

I had no issue with Felicity doing what she did. The scene itself was written well, seemed in-character and I got the sense she was giving Moira (as Ollie's mom) the courtesy to bring up the Thea revelations with her son. I didn't get the sense here, like in SV, when Clark would just barge into Lex's home with accusations flying about and meddling, often when he had nothing at stake.

Felicity explained how she came to her conclusions about Thea and Merlyn and, as a friend of Ollie, hoped that Moira would on good faith do the right thing. It was Moira who resorted to the old "secrets and lies to protect people / telling truth will hurt them" line, which is exactly what got her caught up in the Undertaking snafu and jail. Moira refusing to tell Ollie and urging Felicity to keep it a secret was an awkward situation.

Felicity didn't want to delve into Queen family issues, but how Moira responded to her courtesy visit left her with no option. The timing of her telling Ollie, at the launch of Moira's campaign, was no doubt the worst possible timing and he was basically pressing her to be upfront about it. What Ollie did with the information is up to him and he chose to take the high road and not throw his mom under the bus in public. We could quibble about when it would have been the best time to tell him (on the trip to the event? after the speech? later in the Arrow cave?), but the question of telling him was not in doubt. Her hand was forced and she chose honesty.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                    I had no issue with Felicity doing what she did. The scene itself was written well, seemed in-character and I got the sense she was giving Moira (as Ollie's mom) the courtesy to bring up the Thea revelations with her son. I didn't get the sense here, like in SV, when Clark would just barge into Lex's home with accusations flying about and meddling, often when he had nothing at stake.

Felicity explained how she came to her conclusions about Thea and Merlyn and, as a friend of Ollie, hoped that Moira would on good faith do the right thing. It was Moira who resorted to the old "secrets and lies to protect people / telling truth will hurt them" line, which is exactly what got her caught up in the Undertaking snafu and jail. Moira refusing to tell Ollie and urging Felicity to keep it a secret was an awkward situation.

Felicity didn't want to delve into Queen family issues, but how Moira responded to her courtesy visit left her with no option. The timing of her telling Ollie, at the launch of Moira's campaign, was no doubt the worst possible timing and he was basically pressing her to be upfront about it. What Ollie did with the information is up to him and he chose to take the high road and not throw his mom under the bus in public. We could quibble about when it would have been the best time to tell him (on the trip to the event? after the speech? later in the Arrow cave?), but the question of telling him was not in doubt. Her hand was forced and she chose honesty.
                    Very well put. The only thing is that I don't feel like it was a characteristic move for Felicity to make. But that's not at all problematic for me as a viewer, because it ultimately boils down to this question: what is Felicity prepared to do if she's concerned enough to take matters into her own hands? I think it speaks volumes of her character that she did look into matters and tried to give Moira a chance to come clean. As you pointed out, Moira just played the "we have to keep up these lies and secrets to protect everyone involved (i.e. myself and no one else!)" garbage nonsense that got her into trouble in the first place!
                    Oliver already tried explaining to his mother in Season One that her lies and secrets weren't helping her, or anyone, but obviously those words just fell on deaf ears. Makes sense that he's severed ties with her. I wouldn't even pretend to support her mayoral candidacy!
                    So around and around we go! Phew, I'm glad there's nowhere near this much drama in my family!

Comment

It might not have been the best timing from a real world perspective, but if we try to look into the minds of the writers (which I like to do!), I think their choice to let Felicity tell Oliver about Thea just before his speech was very effective from a dramaturgical point of view. Here he is, on his way to proudly announce his mother's decision to run for Mayor, and then he learns something that totally shatters his trust in her (again!). However, he has to go up there, and you can really see him struggling to get himself together to be able to deliver his speech....and I personally think that this scene was one of Stephen's best performances so far. Also, since we know (or guess) that Felicity has already told him about Thea, everything Oliver says gets a double meaning, like "I know what she is capable of" (that is, hiding secrets and paying off doctors) etc.

I think that this was a very powerful scene, which means that the timing was perfect. If Oliver had gotten this knowledge sooner (so that he could process it a bit) or later (so that he didn't have to deliver a speech praising his mom, while he's still in shock), the whole reveal wouldn't have been as effective.
                      Last edited by evaba; 02-09-2014, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎