Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Laurel Lance Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's been a while....Although I know that Laurel/Dinah/BC and Black Siren are different characters, I thought I'd post a few thoughts about both.

First I wanted to check in and see what you have to say about the new BoP movie with Black Canary. I think it's neat that she is finally getting some attention from the DC movie makers.

I'm also feeling somewhat excited about tonight's episode, especially after David Ramsey's praise for the Black Siren scenes. In general it seems that the new showrunners are a little less pre-occupied with Felicity Smoak and her love affair with Oliver Queen than Guggenheim et al. Beth Schwartz and Tonya Kong actually mention Black Siren in their tweets, and they seem willing to give her some meatier storylines and a chance to interact with the other female characters....and even with Oliver, which is a nice change from the previous seasons, where he wasn't allowed to have any deeper emotional interaction with any female character whose name isn't Felicity. So, if you're not a fan of the Felicity/Oliver romance/marriage/relationship, it often seems as though he is locked into this Oiicity prison, which makes him a decidedly less interesting character in my eyes.

Anyway, I'm currently working my way through season six (which has finally been added to Netflix), although it's quite a chore sometimes. Maybe it's just that the show has lost much of its luster for me, but it feels as though both the writing and the acting has declined as the series progresses and the writers run out of original and fresh ideas.
    Last edited by evaba; 01-28-2019, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎