No announcement yet.

#1.12 "Sitting Ducks"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1.12 "Sitting Ducks"

New Tomorrow People tonight - talk about it here!
    10 - Great
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Push it off a cliff
    0%

I am curious how many episodes Astrid will be stuck in the TP's place. They sort of put themselves in a bind having her ever show her face again in Public.

Hillary also reminds me of one of those annoying people in school that thought they could get brownie points by tattle tailing

Comment

Superb episode. The episode before this Russell gets beaten to death, this episode John almost dies. Stephen almost died a few episodes ago. Wonder if something happens to Cara next week...

Comment

Originally posted by Supsfan
        I am curious how many episodes Astrid will be stuck in the TP's place. They sort of put themselves in a bind having her ever show her face again in Public.

Hillary also reminds me of one of those annoying people in school that thought they could get brownie points by tattle tailing
        Yeah they did. The only way around that is if Astrid becomes off limits or she some how becomes a TP.

I'm wondering about Stephen's brother; it doesn't look like they'll address that next week

Comment

It was a nice episode.
          I wonder, if his little brother becomes a TP how could he block out Stephens Telepathy? I thought you have to be pretty powerfull to do that?

Comment

Luca breaking out? This could be interesting. Not sure how they are gonna deal with Astrid. Good EP.

Comment

Good episode. Liked Astrid and John bonding. Astrid and Cara kicking butt cool. Stephen and mom's boyfriend funny. Luca with powers interesting.
              I don't know what they are going to do with Astrid either. Maybe they should have had at the end of the episode Astrid finds out her parents were killed. I prefer she doesn't become a TP. I liked to have some regular humans close to the TP.

Originally posted by Rust
              It was a nice episode.
              I wonder, if his little brother becomes a TP how could he block out Stephens Telepathy? I thought you have to be pretty powerfull to do that?
              Maybe Luca wasn't blocking out Stephen on purpose but it was going on the fritz. Like that little girl, Charlotte in the earlier episode hurting everyone's mind when she was having nightmares.

Comment

That was very good episode. Bit of cliffhanger. It's not confirmed that Peter isn't a tomorrow person.

Also, did anyone pay attention when someone got Stephen kicked out of Peter's head? Why would Luca do this? Marla wouldn't also have big reasons, but Luca mustn't have had one. Also, Luca wasn't there as I remember. But when someone tk'd when camera was falling, Marla was returning and was already on the bridge. Keeps me suspicious and I think it was just an intrigue when Luca told Stephen they had to talk. I always suspected that AT LEAST one of Marla and Luca would be Tomorrow Person. I suspect Marla to have these powers more.

I don't suspect Marla for this, but you can still read it. It shows a little spoiler.

Did you read that at the end? Could it be truth?

P.S. Dropping the camera scene seemed so real, just like it was real telekinesis
                Last edited by spoiler; 02-01-2014, 08:50 AM.

Comment

I thought this episode was okay.

Hillary. Does she really think being so anti-human is going to put her in Jedikiah's good graces? I mean, she seemed to forget her boss is a human until he reminded her of that fact!

Russell continues to be one of the best things about this show, for me. He's just so funny but also very real (his worry over TIM and his browsing history was cute!).

Young!John reading the Flash. Cute. (Though I'm a bit surprised he wasn't reading Green Arrow! )

I forgot about running water affecting powers.

The whole thing with the guy...I thought maybe he did have powers but didn't realize it (in denial during his breakout or perhaps a late bloomer?). Until we figure out that it was Luca. Now, I had wondered why no one had thought that the other son of Roger might have powers. But I figured it was a repeat of Roger and his bro (even wondered if Luca might not find out and be jealous). But seems they are going to have Luca have his powers too. Will he join the Tomorrow People or will he take Ultra's side (I have a bad feeling it will be the latter. That they might set up bro vs. bro)?

Meanwhile, the Mom's guy got totally scared off. I did like that they brought Stephen's psych problems back into this. Sometimes it seems like everyone seems to think Stephen's 'over it' regarding that or something. I mean, his Mom, family, school, they don't know it was his powers.

Then there was the John and Astrid stuff. Which I didn't care a lot for (though I did like that John was protecting her for Stephen). The whole thing seemed sort of contrived and confused to me (why, exactly, couldn't John teleport them out? And if it was so dangerous, why was Cara able to do it later? John could have saved everyone the trouble and just done it himself.). And now Astrid is stuck down there. Which I wonder if they did that to have her spend more time with John. It does seem like the show is trying to possibly create a conflict/romance out of those two.

I did enjoy John showing Stephen the talk with Roger though.

Comment

I love it when a show takes a character who seems extraneous and makes him or her a better part of the tapestry - in this case, Astrid!! Aside from when she found out Stephen's secret, I never really fell she had enough to do, and now, she's really facing some deep doo doo. I like it.

I also like the notion that Luca could be breaking out. To be honest, I find Luca to be more interesting because the notion of a young person breaking out seems to be a bit more exciting and more in line with the original series, where "breaking out" was like puberty. Also, Luca's not as much of a spoil sport or as dramatic as Stephen. This is totally like those time where two sons of the same parents end up coming out to their mom, though, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎