Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "First Born"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "First Born"?

1863? For a minute I thought we were going to get Samuel Colt again.

A blade angels use to kill Knights? Man, are they completely Jossing the whole way to kill angels/demons/creatures?

"Never heard of it. Can I kill you now?" Heh.

John's journal! Yay! And a demon was listening in? How did Dean not spot that?

Cas waxing poetic about PB&J sandwiches. And why are Cas and Sam at MOL HQ? I figured Dean would stay there and keep up with the hunting and Sam (and Cas) would find some other bolt hole.

"You're a terrible liar." "That's not true. I once deceived and betrayed both you and your brother." Nice reference back to Godstiel.

John's storage unit. Who, exactly, is paying for it? Since John died both boys have died, both have quit the life for a while, etc. How have the contents of storage units John used not been sold off? Did he pay years in advance or something?

"Hunters Hogwarts". Cute.

A tracking spell with grace? And Sam still has some grace left behind? Why didn't he with Lucifer?

"You have a guinea pig?" Ah, Cas, never change.

Tara. She was cool. Though I was surprised she didn't know about John (wow, did that take me back). Even if she had 'retired' you'd think she would have heard somehow.

One brother hunting the blade, one hunting the angel. Nice.

So Cain, the father of murder. I really liked the actor they got. He was impressive.

"Please help me do one thing right." Awww, Sam, you and your epic guilt.

Dean's fight (I read that Jensen did all his own stunts in that scene?) was impressive and nice to see Dean get to kick a little butt again.

So Sam's all healed now? And I thought Cas was going to 'steal' the grace and use it to power himself up. I liked that he didn't.

Okay, I did not see that twist coming. Cain killed Able to save him from Lucifer? Made a deal and became a demon? Ah, the path not taken, Winchesters!

Wow, the backstory on Abaddon was interesting. She loved (well, as much as demons can love) Cain and wanted to be with him? Killing Colette though...yikes.

Dean now bears the Mark of Cain. What does that all come with (is he immortal now?, I wonder)?

I enjoyed the Cas&Sam moments in this episode, especially the hug (makes up for Sam not hugging Cas back in season 6). Also, did anyone else notice the giant telescope behind Sam during that scene? Cool.

"Nobody hates you more than you do. Believe me, I've tried." Only took you how many years to work that out, Crowley? And Crowley played him. Why, exactly, can't Crowley just teleport down in the ocean to get the blade? After all, it's not like it would do worse than kill his vessel?

So yeah, lots going on in this episode (as you can tell by my extra long summary here--sorry!).
    10--As good as PB&J
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--tasted like molecules
    0%

The poll is expired.

Did anybody else find it interesting that Cain was a beekeeper and CrazyCas was very fond of bees? I thoroughly enjoyed this episode, but I need to watch it a few more times.....

Comment

I really loved the mythos of Cain and the whole Mark of Cain deal. This is really going to screw up Dean later on in this season and I'm glad Dean finally has a worthwhile arc as I don't think he had one since season six.

Comment

I thought I saw the telescope in the background! Reminded me of the werewolf episode of Doctor Who when David Tennant was just starting. They had the big telescope if I remember correctly.

Cas has good taste in sandwiches and I'm glad they had some humor in the episode.

One of the Winchester mentioned Kevin so it makes me think we haven't seen the last of him. Maybe he will come back in a dream sequence or something.

Yeah I was wondering if Dean got the mark that maybe it makes him immortal and that could play into some episodes coming up on maybe next season somehow.

I didn't recognize Cain was Lassie from Psych until Jeff told me. He did a fantastic job in the episode and I hope he returns somehow. So we've had Mark Sheppard from Supernatural on White Collar and Lassie on here. Begs the question who's next? James Roday from Psych is a huge Horror fan so could we see him as a Prophet? I know Metatron said no more prophets but there r always ways around stuff u know?

This ep was so good and it's before February sweeps. What are they gonna do when the really big months of February and May come around to go all out for sweeps periods? Makes me think we will see the absolute best of this entire season.

Comment

The Cain and Abel twist was interesting. Cain wasn't a cold-blooded killer, he just sacrificed himself to save his younger brother. I like how Cain and Abel's relationship parallels with Dean and Sam, just like Michael and Lucifer's relationship did.

Comment

Which is why, now with the mark, I believe Dean will have to eventually kill Sam to fulfill what I think was the game plan since day one. This also ties in greatly to the dream that Jensen said at a Con was his vision of the series-end....that of Dean driving down a long dark highway alone in the Impala, and that Sam was truly dead, then coming across a guy on a motorcycle stopped on the side of the road. Dean stops the car, and silently hands the guy the keys, then drives off on the bike. He basically said that without Sam, Dean didn't need the car. I thought this was a very powerful image...and I think it truly fits.

Comment

Yes! I certainly hope they kill each other.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                Which is why, now with the mark, I believe Dean will have to eventually kill Sam to fulfill what I think was the game plan since day one. This also ties in greatly to the dream that Jensen said at a Con was his vision of the series-end....that of Dean driving down a long dark highway alone in the Impala, and that Sam was truly dead, then coming across a guy on a motorcycle stopped on the side of the road. Dean stops the car, and silently hands the guy the keys, then drives off on the bike. He basically said that without Sam, Dean didn't need the car. I thought this was a very powerful image...and I think it truly fits.
                I think before all of this happens, we need a scene where Dean knows that Sam will be in a happy place in Heaven to take away any ideas of why Dean just doesn't bring Sam back after having to kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                  Did anybody else find it interesting that Cain was a beekeeper and CrazyCas was very fond of bees?
                  Do you know, I hadn't even thought of that until I read your post! Hmmm, now I wonder what the secret sign Significance of bees is (are?)....

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
                  I thought I saw the telescope in the background!
                  Oh good, you caught it too! And I loved how big it was. I remember thinking "hey, it's big enough for Sam!" LOL

Yeah I was wondering if Dean got the mark that maybe it makes him immortal and that could play into some episodes coming up on maybe next season somehow.
                  It could give them a lot of new stories to delve into, if they go in that direction.

What are they gonna do when the really big months of February and May come around to go all out for sweeps periods?
                  I'm not sure, are there new eps. in Feb.? I mean at least the first 2 weeks. The Olympics will be on and that's a ratings juggernaut and most networks don't put new programming up against it. I wonder if SPN won't take a break during the Olympics and come back after with new eps. to finish the month.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎