Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Sam Witwer going to play Zod in season 9?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was Sam Witwer going to play Zod in season 9?

Was Sam Witwer going to play Zod in season 9? I remember hearing rumors about that. How come it didn't work out?

Yes.

They even did a makeup test on how he'd look with a goatee, and the script for "Doomsday" ended with Zod looking just like Davis Bloome... also, "Bloodline" commented that Davis looked just like "his father."

I believe Sam Witwer did an interview at a convention talking about it, but in short, his contract was to play "Davis Bloome," not "Zod," so it wasn't really valid anymore and I think he wanted to do new things.

Comment

Thank you so much! Happy Holidays!

Comment

Oh yeah I remember the pic of him in the makeup chair. Was kind of sad when it didn't happen but Callum Blue I think it was did a fantastic job as Zod.

Comment

Hmm, I'd never heard about this before. That's interesting to say the least.

Comment

Ironically my friends asked me about this rumor too. I told them that yes, originally he was going to play Zod but they went another way. This was months ago and they also said they would've like to have seen it happen. Great minds think alike.

Comment

Yea I think it was a great idea. Especially since Davis is supposed look a lot like Zod. But it definitely worked out with Callum Blue. He did a great job. Plus he kinda did look like Davis. But i still really wanted to see Sam Witwer portray Zod.
              Last edited by Mets7christian; 12-23-2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=32210 according to this Sam would of played Zod but he thought they should find someone else. Wow
                Last edited by Mets7christian; 12-29-2013, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Also the writers had a idea for a doomsday crossover in which Witwer would of returned when Zod told Clark to kneel.

Comment

Originally posted by Mets7christian
                    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=32210 according to this Sam would of played Zod but he thought they should find someone else. Wow
                    Wow indeed. A season as Zod would have been good money in the bank, and would've been nice continuity. Has Witwer done anything of note since Doomsday?

However I agree that Callum Blue did a great job as Zod. His only black mark was his appalling US accent when calling Lois as The Blur.

Comment

Originally posted by skully
                      Wow indeed. A season as Zod would have been good money in the bank, and would've been nice continuity. Has Witwer done anything of note since Doomsday?

However I agree that Callum Blue did a great job as Zod. His only black mark was his appalling US accent when calling Lois as The Blur.
                      He's since starred in the tv series "Being Human" for a few years but your right he would of made good money staying on the show and it would of made perfect sense. Plus he would of got more exposure as a actor playing the character Zod. I can't believe he denied that gig.
                      Last edited by Mets7christian; 04-26-2016, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mets7christian
                        He's since starred in the tv series "Being Human" for a few years but your right he would of made good money staying on the show and it would of made perfect sense. Plus he would of got more exposure as a actor playing the character Zod. I can't believe he denied that gig.
                        Based on an interview he did after season 8, he wasn't happy with the way they ultimately handled Davis, turning even the human alter ego into a killer. So I suspect that after that he didn't want to continue

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎