Collapse
No announcement yet.

VISITOR & PRECIPICE Official Episode Rewatch Mk II thread - Friday December 20

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry I missed it! Christmas party ran waaaayyyy too long! Will try to post thoughts tomorrow if I can.

Merry Christmas all!

Comment

• After watching this episode for the first time back in Jan 2004 I was so frustrated and angry I couldnt sleep and were even unable to go to school the day after... I had never expected such a dark episode, I had a bad feeling about it from the first scene. Almost rape, stalking, severe violence against women. Annoying witch of a sherrif who only seemed to go after good guys. And the arrogant pathethic woman beater recieving help at the end... Left me completely unsatisfied. I thought Lex was being way too nice, that little chicken pistol whip at the end.. I was in pretty bad shape back then and had a very hard time at school so this episode really got to me

Comment

• You guys must think I'm crazy lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris Winchester
          After watching this episode for the first time back in Jan 2004 I was so frustrated and angry I couldnt sleep and were even unable to go to school the day after... I had never expected such a dark episode, I had a bad feeling about it from the first scene. Almost rape, stalking, severe violence against women. Annoying witch of a sherrif who only seemed to go after good guys. And the arrogant pathethic woman beater recieving help at the end... Left me completely unsatisfied. I thought Lex was being way too nice, that little chicken pistol whip at the end.. I was in pretty bad shape back then and had a very hard time at school so this episode really got to me
          I didn't see this as an ep about violence against women as much as an ep about justice and salvation (not for Paul, but for Lex). Paul was psychotic, and yes, was violent towards women, but that was just one aspect of his sick personality. Remember, Helen broke it off after one of his ex-girlfriends warned her about him. Helen wasn't an enabler.
          Lex could have killed him and gotten away with it, as he said--but he didn't want Helen to see him as a killer. As he said, she, not Clark, saved him. Unfortunatly, he would toss this salvation away later--with Helen being a small factor--but that's not my point.
          As I said earlier, I didn't like Sheriff Adams at first, but she grew on me over time.
          The other plotline, with Andy the Thug...yes, he enjoyed bullying women; but like Paul, that was just one aspect of his personality. He liked bullying Clark, too. He was a bully, period. And it was Lana, the would be victim, who ended up kicking Andy's ass. Literally.
          C'mon, you HAD to enjoy seeing that!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kris Winchester
            I wonder what was the point of this episode if Helen is just gonna be evil? Totally meaningless. They had avtually decided to make her evil before this black sheep episode was made
            I think this was to make us feel sympathy for her so we would be properly mortified when we realized next season she only married Lex to kill him and get his money.

I think it worked, too. I sure was floored.

Comment

• Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
              I didn't see this as an ep about violence against women as much as an ep about justice and salvation (not for Paul, but for Lex). Paul was psychotic, and yes, was violent towards women, but that was just one aspect of his sick personality. Remember, Helen broke it off after one of his ex-girlfriends warned her about him. Helen wasn't an enabler.
              Lex could have killed him and gotten away with it, as he said--but he didn't want Helen to see him as a killer. As he said, she, not Clark, saved him. Unfortunatly, he would toss this salvation away later--with Helen being a small factor--but that's not my point.
              As I said earlier, I didn't like Sheriff Adams at first, but she grew on me over time.
              The other plotline, with Andy the Thug...yes, he enjoyed bullying women; but like Paul, that was just one aspect of his personality. He liked bullying Clark, too. He was a bully, period. And it was Lana, the would be victim, who ended up kicking Andy's ass. Literally.
              C'mon, you HAD to enjoy seeing that!
              No, I didnt enjoy it, it looked just retarded and sentimental... I was also too moved for all that happened in the episode. Yes it was good that he got his ass kicked, but how could that just solve everything, the whole plot should have just been a different episode. Thats what I hate about this episode.. everything just gets cut short...with little to no explanation. and theres hardly any logic either.

Why didnt Lex tell Sheriff Adams that Paul had beaten his ex girlfriend? Paul was grinning at the thought of having the upper hand at the hospital, but later at that creepy lab, he was totally irate and aggressive. She actually offered him to go upstairs and have coffee and he was like "NO WE CAN'T, THANK YOU VERY MUCH" Pretty stupid. Was it because he found Meacham at his motel and killed him?

Comment

• Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
                I think this was to make us feel sympathy for her so we would be properly mortified when we realized next season she only married Lex to kill him and get his money.

I think it worked, too. I sure was floored.
                I thought it was just stupid... All that stuff on the plane... meaningless. And why did she tell Paul she loved Lex when she was just gonna kill him anyway? Another thing, she should know better than to go to that dark lab all alone when that psycho is on the loose. He already made one uncomfotable surprise appearance with that car sabotage. Its just stupid decieve the vieweres like that.

Comment

• Ok, I'll stop posting on this thread. Just wanted to show what Lex should have done to that stalker

Speech:This is tricky.They make it look so easy, don't they?I got a question for you, Clinton.You don't mind if I call you Clinton, do you?I feel like I know...

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
                    Fever:
                    Martha (by using the spacecraft)

Rosetta:
                    none

Lex: 8
                    Chloe: 6
                    Pete: 6
                    Lana: 8
                    Whitney: 5†
                    Martha: 5
                    Jonathan: 2
                    Lionel: 2
                    Visitor:
                    Cyrus (from the school gang)
                    Kyle (indirectly by convincing Cyrus to save him)

Precipice:
                    Lana (from being mishandled or probably even raped)
                    Lex (from being axed from the show *muahaha*)

Lex: 9
                    Chloe: 6
                    Pete: 6
                    Lana: 9
                    Whitney: 5†
                    Martha: 5
                    Jonathan: 2
                    Lionel: 2

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
                      Fatality Count:

Fever: