Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leading to a Flashsideways?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

With Time travel i dont think its time travel to a point. it doesnt wipe away what has already happened its more like picking up where they left off 30 years earlier and not remembering the 30years even happened. with emma and henry in their mind they have an alternate timeline but not in reality. emma never held henry at all in reality but she remembers that she did. i guess if anything its more like hypnotized to remember something that never happened. but ya there has already been time travel but i think it requires heavy duty magic. in the end i dont think well have any major time travel but it would be more of an alternate timeline that never happened that everyone else think did.

I wonder if the White Rabbit from Wonderland will play some sort of role in opening a portal for hook. Afterall there might not be anymore beans. Of course with everyone back in fairytale land or whateever its going to be Tiny might be a giant agian and might be making beans agian.

this also makes me wonder if this curse does effect the storybrook people will it effect cursed people the same way it would effect those who werent there for the first curse?

Comment

In talking about this with some friends, I think I figured out what my issue with this whole thing is.

I interpreted the flashback addition as showing that the past had actually changed, but what it might have meant was that it was just a a visual of the memories being altered. I can understand that a little better, but it's still a little weird because the future changed. Instead of going back to Boston, Emma and Henry live in New York, right? So, why would that aspect of things change? That's why I went to a paradox. They showed a change in the backstory that led to a change in the future.

It would have made a big difference to me if they had gone back to Boston and just talked about the changes like if someone had mentioned Storybrooke and they were like, "What's Storybrooke?". I would have understood that. But, the way it was cut together made it confusing for me. I can now go with the fact that the flashback change was just them trying to show that the memories had been altered because that's the only way they could visually display that.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
        it might have meant was that it was just a a visual of the memories being altered.
        That's how I understood it. Regina said the past wouldn't be real, only the future. What we saw is what Emma believes happened, except it didn't.

I think what squarehippie2000 was getting at was that if the past had really been changed (Emma's false memory of holding Henry), time would've split off and created a brand new timeline or reality AFTER that moment occurred -- meaning that everybody in that timeline or reality would exist (as they do now), but experience different lives.

But, this isn't an episode of Fringe, so... It's feasible, though.
        Last edited by Aries83; 12-16-2013, 10:05 PM.

Comment

The second part of the Henry's birth flashback - where Emma asks to hold him - is presented as a direct continuation of the first part where she refuses to hold him, and it doesn't make much sense that the second part of the flashback would be a fabrication while the first part was real. It also doesn't make much sense that Regina's spell would be able to create a false continuation of a real memory when she wouldn't have been privy to the details of what Emma actually remembered about Henry's birth and there was no opportunity for Emma to tell her what she remembered.

Comment

Why is Henry is still called Henry in this fake-alternate life? Regina named him after her father but if Emma had never given him up, wouldn't he have had a different name?

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
              Why is Henry is still called Henry in this fake-alternate life? Regina named him after her father but if Emma had never given him up, wouldn't he have had a different name?
              Regina created those fake memories, right? She probably didn't want to change her son's name, and just made Emma "remember" giving him this name. This is not na alternated reality. Those are fake memories, fabricated by Regina. She could do whatever she wanted to with them. I think the real question, here, is how did she provide the paperwork related to this.

I mean, there is more to this than simply "creating memories" for both Emma and Henry. That part is easy, but what about anyone else who knew Emma? As much as she was a loner, someone is bound to know she doesn't have kids. She would need a birth certificate for Henry, or something else that "proves" she is his mother, right? He is a minor, he has to go to school, and she must need "some" proof of identity for both of them, not to mention school records for Henry, and the whole thing. Henry studied in a town that no longer existis. In fact, a town that "never" existed. How did Regina do that part?

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                I think what squarehippie2000 was getting at was that if the past had really been changed (Emma's false memory of holding Henry), time would've split off and created a brand new timeline or reality AFTER that moment occurred -- meaning that everybody in that timeline or reality would exist (as they do now), but experience different lives.
                Well, that's what it seemed like happened with Emma and Henry living in a different city and in a different place. That's what really confused me.

But, this isn't an episode of Fringe, so...
                I'm willing to bet Fringe was written better?

Do we know that his name is still Henry in this new life?
                Last edited by savingpeoplething; 12-17-2013, 07:49 AM.

Comment

In talking about this with some friends, I think I figured out what my issue with this whole thing is.

I interpreted the flashback addition as showing that the past had actually changed, but what it might have meant was that it was just a a visual of the memories being altered. I can understand that a little better, but it's still a little weird because the future changed. Instead of going back to Boston, Emma and Henry live in New York, right? So, why would that aspect of things change? That's why I went to a paradox. They showed a change in the backstory that led to a change in the future.

It would have made a big difference to me if they had gone back to Boston and just talked about the changes like if someone had mentioned Storybrooke and they were like, "What's Storybrooke?". I would have understood that. But, the way it was cut together made it confusing for me. I can now go with the fact that the flashback change was just them trying to show that the memories had been altered because that's the only way they could visually display that.
                  Hmmm maybe if they are in new york theres a reason. Like maybe Regina put a failsafe in Emmas mind that will be triggered in some way? Perhaps hook kissing her was the key? I mean Regina wanted to keep Henry safe and allowed Emma to be with him but would it have been that simple? Could Regina need Emma at some point to use her magic to help those who were sent back to fairytale land or whereever they went?

Comment

That's how I understood it. Regina said the past wouldn't be real, only the future. What we saw is what Emma believes happened, except it didn't.

But, this isn't an episode of Fringe, so... It's feasible, though.
                    kind of. like an alternate reality was created but only in their heads.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
                      The second part of the Henry's birth flashback - where Emma asks to hold him - is presented as a direct continuation of the first part where she refuses to hold him, and it doesn't make much sense that the second part of the flashback would be a fabrication while the first part was real. It also doesn't make much sense that Regina's spell would be able to create a false continuation of a real memory when she wouldn't have been privy to the details of what Emma actually remembered about Henry's birth and there was no opportunity for Emma to tell her what she remembered.
                      I think Regina said she kept Henry and Emma would have had to remember to actually have him and then i think the memory was to accept henry in her life and to remember the moment she gave him up and switched that with keeping him. So it was more of like Emma you will remember never giving henry up and that would have changed the moment she remembered giving him up which was when she denied to hold him.

Comment

Well with the Wicked Witch coming based on those trailer Emmas name was changed to Dorothy and Henry is now Toto. :P

Comment

Do we know that his name is still Henry in this new life?
                          When the door rings, while they're having breakfast Henry asks her if she is expecting someone, and she answers 'no' and says something like 'Wait here, Henry.' That's why we know he is still called Henry.

Comment

Originally posted by liana
                            When the door rings, while they're having breakfast Henry asks her if she is expecting someone, and she answers 'no' and says something like 'Wait here, Henry.' That's why we know he is still called Henry.
                            And Regina was the one that gave them their false memories so one would think she make sure to keep his name the same.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                              Hmmm maybe if they are in new york theres a reason.
                              There are definitely Neal/Bae connections (the dreamcatcher in the trailer, the Lou Reed song, the fact that he used to live there) to New York, but would Regina have done that on purpose? Would she have wanted them to remember Neal in that way? It's weird.

Originally posted by liana
                              I don't know how I missed that. I'll go back and rewatch. Good catch.

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                              And Regina was the one that gave them their false memories so one would think she make sure to keep his name the same.
                              I can buy that.

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                              kind of. like an alternate reality was created but only in their heads.
                              That actually makes sense to me

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎