Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Bad Boys?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Bad Boys?

What did you think?
    10 - Not A Bad Episode
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad Episode
    0%

Well I loved it. Anno D. called it -- Dean didn't want to tell Sam he didn't want to leave.

But really, I thought they did an excellent job of showing a place where Dean could actually flourish and why he wouldn't have tried to escape. I also loved the little laugh he had when he saw Sammy. And Sam SO saw through Dean's denials. Dean was really transparent when it came to Robin -- and that was pretty funny IMO. I thought it was also good at weaving in a ton of new backstory in a short amount of time. The ghost plot was a little thin but really -- a mom not leaving her kid doesn't NEED a lot of buildup. It automatically sells and has a great parallel with Dean/Sam.

Comment

This was terrible. Only reason I gave it a 6 is because the dog and Oz episodes were much worse.

Comment

I really would rather not have had several "filler" episodes in a row, but I did think this added to Dean's backstory quite a lot. Knowing what we know now about how Dean grows up, it was quite powerful to see young Dean accept his destiny. We know where the story goes, but he doesn't.

From the Pilot through Swan Song and beyond, it has been made clear that Sam and Dean's destiny has been predetermined. They will "always end up.....here." Young Dean never really had a choice but to return to hunting and it was made clear by that one scene where he was given the choice. But it was clearly Sammy who moved him to do so. This may be delved into further, but I think it might also have been set up to perhaps give Zeke more insight into the Winchesters, which might influence him later on in dealing with Metatron. Right now, Zeke is looking out for Zeke. I think only the Archangels were aware of the Cain and Abel bloodline. Lucifer and Michael knew and so did Gabriel. I can't recall if Raphael mentioned anything...but Cas, the other angels, AND Metatron did not. Now Zeke knows...how this pans out remains to be seen.

The next episode looks to be filler again. I am even counting Heaven Can't Wait as filler too. Cas' episodes are always enjoyable, but the only story point I could find was that the relationship between Cas and Dean, while still a bit strained, is very much a part of both of them (no ships please) and I am anxiously awaiting Team Free Will Plus 2 to seriously kick some angel/demon butt.

Comment

I enjoyed it myself. Really delve into Dean more and really pushed the idea that Dean is doing this because of family, and most importantly, because of Sam. Pushing away his dreams aside, but it kinda makes you wonder if he wants Sam to do that himself with all the events from last season. That ending stole the entire episode for me because that one moment is what the series is all about, and I'm glad they played the family theme with it.

And I've read many comments on other sites that were bugged of the "retcon" of John being on the rugaru hunt, but I'll always view that as something that Dean wanted to hide because of this entire moment. Dean doesn't want to remember this part because he continues to pretend that he loves what he does; but there could still be a part of him that doesn't.

Comment

There were some continuity problems that keep me from enjoying the episode, not to mention it's another ghost episode. How old was young Sam? He was suppost to be around 12, but he looked to be 5-8. Young Dean having brown eyes was too noticeable. Dean never heard of a rugaru until season 4.

Comment

So this episode felt like a bit of return to old times.

Starting with the cold/ghost breath. Nice to see an old fashioned ghost hunt.

Sam pulling out the Oz book. Gonna read about Charlie, Sam?

I was a little worried about the retconning in this episode. When I found out Dean had lost the food money, Sam shipping out to stay with Bobby for a couple months and Dean being sent to a boys home, I was pretty leery. I mean, I can completely buy Dean trying to lift food for Sam. But I have always picturing Dean busting free/pretty much doing anything to get back to Sam. But maybe John told him Sam was with Bobby? Not sure.

"I am everybody." That line cracked me up.

John knew Dean was there and left him to teach him a lesson? For losing the money. Wow.

Yet another young!Dean. And this one punched a cop?

I always thought that Dean learned the handcuff trick from John. Turns out it was this dude? (and check out that guy's mustache!)

An old fashioned salt and burn. Nice.

The Samulet! I bet that pleased a lot of fans.

Dean tried wrestling? I just...can't see that? But okay.

Loved how crushed Dean was that Robin (supposedly) didn't remember him. Then Dean saving Timmy from the other kids was nice.

Dean wanted to be a rock star? Wasn't it canon that he wanted to be a fireman? But I guess his dream could have changed as he got older.

Ah, Dean! Always with the ladies.

I like the idea of Timmy being ghost possessed and by his mother. Very clever twist. And the kid being the anchor was good.

The one time they need Zeke and he's a no show? But the kid saves the day (with a little help from Dean) and all is well.

Then the ending. How much did I love that Dean gave up 'normal' for Sam? That seeing Sam made him go back. It dovetailed so well, especially with what we've seen recently.

So yeah, pretty good episode. (I was really reminded of Roadkill. Anyone else?)

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎