No announcement yet.

An Adventure in Space and Time - trailer

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Adventure in Space and Time - trailer

This special one-off drama travels back in time to 1963 to see how Doctor Who was first brought to the screen.

Actor William Hartnell felt trapped by a succession of hard-man roles. Wannabe producer Verity Lambert was frustrated by the TV industry's glass ceiling. Both of them were to find unlikely hope and unexpected challenges in the form of a Saturday tea-time drama. Allied with a team of unusual but brilliant people, they went on to create the longest running science fiction series ever made.

I love the trailer and have been looking forward to the movie since it was announced. I hear when it was shown a few days ago at a British Film Institute event it got a standing ovation according to Doctor Who News.

Btw when pics were released recently of the cast for this movie some fans online were so pleased that they suggested the cast should do some First Doctor adventures. That sounds like a very cool idea but couldnt it get messy somehow?

Comment

Comment

I've seen the movie and it is fantastic. People are really in for a treat.

Comment

I'm definitely waiting with baited breath for tomorrow to watch it. Brian Cox as Sydney I swear they look alike and David Bradley as William Hartnell same there. Two actors who always make me excited to watch everything they're in.

Comment

Watched it on BBC iPlayer.

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

[SPOILER]Last scene with Matt Smith's cameo had me tearing up.[/SPOILER]

Comment

Comment

Gmster I heard about that spoiler. So cool and I was wondering if they'd do something like that.

I'd like to see them do a film about what they went through during the 80s and being brought back in 2005. I think it'd make a great companion to this one.

Comment

I'd like to see them do a film about what they went through during the 80s and being brought back in 2005. I think it'd make a great companion to this one.
                  Cool idea this.

Comment

Thanks Tekken. They could even talk about the Fox TV movie a bit too.

Thinking about it now, there's enough material for 3 movies altogether. The first one tonight then reference Pertwee and Baker with the 2nd one being about Colin Baker and his time and end movie 2 on the show being put on hiatus. Start movie 3 with the production of the McGann movie and then the middle of the movie flashes forward to the revival in 2005.

Comment

So I'm kinda shocked that they didn't include An Adventure In Space and Time on the blu ray and dvd of The Day Of The Doctor. Any idea when it'll be released? Maybe as part of the dvd and blu ray of The Time Of The Doctor?

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎