No announcement yet.

How Wonderwoman can be introduces in Snyder's DC universe

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Wonderwoman can be introduces in Snyder's DC universe

Hello all, first time poster here. I had this idea of how GOyer and Snyder can write in WW into the MOS universe that I've told a couple of friends. They thought it was a pretty cool idea and pleaded that i post it somewhere in the hopes that someone in the know will actually see it. Thus me posting in these forums

Anyhow, feel free to criticize just be a little gentle please.

Here goes. So i think one of biggest challenge in making a wonderwoman movie come to fruition is the fact that WW is an amazonian warrior princess. Aliens were hard enough to explain in a movie set in a realistic universe.. but mythological beings? Here is my idea...

In MOS we all learned that there was a kryptonian ship that landed on earth long before Sups. We saw the empty pods and got excited at the thought of a supergirl connection. But what if, that ship actually came to earth millions of years ago to colonize earth. And the kryptonians that survived thrived on earth and eventually became known as Amazonians? This would explain WW's super powers (well except for the invisible jet). Yup, Diana is a kryptonian! I just think it'd be easier to explain an alien origin in the MOS universe than a mythological one.

What are your thoughts?

Hi welcome to the forum

Can't see Diana being a Kryptonian. As for the empty pods it was a nod to Kara/Supergirl from the tie in prequel comic to MOS. If you want to read the prequel comic here it is.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
      Hi welcome to the forum

Can't see Diana being a Kryptonian. As for the empty pods it was a nod to Kara/Supergirl from the tie in prequel comic to MOS. If you want to read the prequel comic here it is.

http://imgur.com/a/mMCZm#zf6XPR8
      Yeah, i figured WW fans might not like that idea... but it doesn't really change Diana's origins. She's still an amazonian princess. What it does is it goes further back and explains the Amazonian's origins. Come to think of it, it might even help explain Diana's eventual costume.. she could be wearing ancient kryptonian battle gear!

Anyhow, it's fun to discuss.. and thanks for the welcome.. it's nice to find a place where i can talk to other fans! Thanks for the link too!

Comment

It works for this movie universe that they are creating, but I just assumed her powers would be explained through whatever magic they come up with to explain Themyscira.

Personally, I wouldn't want Diana to be Kryptonian, or a descendant of Kryptonians. I like the idea of Earth having its own super-powered people.

Batman - no powers
        Superman - from Krypton
        Martian Manhunter - from Mars
        Your Wonder Woman - born on Earth, but Kryptonian origin to her powers
        Green Lantern - from Earth, but Oan origin to his powers
        Hawkman/Hawkgirl - from Thanagar

That pretty much leaves Flash and Aquaman.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
          It works for this movie universe that they are creating, but I just assumed her powers would be explained through whatever magic they come up with to explain Themyscira.

Personally, I wouldn't want Diana to be Kryptonian, or a descendant of Kryptonians. I like the idea of Earth having its own super-powered people.

Batman - no powers
          Superman - from Krypton
          Martian Manhunter - from Mars
          Your Wonder Woman - born on Earth, but Kryptonian origin to her powers
          Green Lantern - from Earth, but Oan origin to his powers
          Hawkman/Hawkgirl - from Thanagar

That pretty much leaves Flash and Aquaman.
          I just think it would be very difficult to explain super powered humans in the MOS universe. If they used mythical gods then it'll be way too much like Marvel's Thor (which is why i think Aquaman will never be a part of this justice league). If they use the idea of human mutation then it'll be way too similar to X-Men. Since they've already sold the existence of aliens in MOS.. might as well build on that.

Comment

Originally posted by jnaz
            I just think it would be very difficult to explain super powered humans in the MOS universe. If they used mythical gods then it'll be way too much like Marvel's Thor (which is why i think Aquaman will never be a part of this justice league). If they use the idea of human mutation then it'll be way too similar to X-Men. Since they've already sold the existence of aliens in MOS.. might as well build on that.
            I don't think they should be afraid of looking like they're "copying" Marvel. You can't make movies like that. You have to tell your story.

Comment

Pretty cool concept for Wonder Woman in this MOS universe. I can see where it could make a lot of sense to a lot of people. I could also see more people than that being very pissed . With MOS, they said they made the movie as if there had never been a Superman film before. So I don't think they are too worried about looking like they are copying from Marvel characters like Thor or the X-Men. Besides it's freaking Wonder Woman, her true origin shouldn't have limitations. Her character is also a great way to open the MOS universe wide open, especially if they are heading towards a Justice League movie.

Comment

I would prefer magic and mythology.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                  I would prefer magic and mythology.
                  I actually wouldn't mind that either. If anything it opens up a lot more possibilities for Justice League. It wouldn't be so hard to explain not only WW but also Aquaman.

I just think that Zach and Goyer tried so hard to explain the real word physics of superman that all of a sudden going to magic and myths would be kinda going against their own principles.

Comment

Originally posted by CK_ALL_DAY
                    Pretty cool concept for Wonder Woman in this MOS universe. I can see where it could make a lot of sense to a lot of people. I could also see more people than that being very pissed . With MOS, they said they made the movie as if there had never been a Superman film before. So I don't think they are too worried about looking like they are copying from Marvel characters like Thor or the X-Men. Besides it's freaking Wonder Woman, her true origin shouldn't have limitations. Her character is also a great way to open the MOS universe wide open, especially if they are heading towards a Justice League movie.
                    Ah finally, someone who likes my idea lol. Thanks! True that there would be a ton of WW fans that would be pissed, but what else is new? MOS already pissed off a ton of superman fans, batman fans, and now wonderwoman fans but they're all still going to watch the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                      I don't think they should be afraid of looking like they're "copying" Marvel. You can't make movies like that. You have to tell your story.
                      True that.

Comment

I like your idea, in part because it goes hand in hand with my invisible jet theory.In MoS, when Zod left to pick up the genesis chamber, he used a scout ship to get there. When he headed back to Metropolis, he left the fully functional alien scoutship somewhere in Canada. Maybe this will become Wonder Woman's invisible jet? We know it can't be tracked, and for all we know it may even be able to actually turn invisible.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎