No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "F.Z.Z.T.?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KSiteTV
    BTW, I am on the side that I thought killing Sheriff Graham was exactly the kind of thing that Once Upon A Time needed at that time. His continued story would have been interesting, but the notion that it didn't continue showed that the series had stakes.

Also, I guess there was setup earlier on with the gun that Ward knows his physics, but it was a bit ridiculous to think he could jump out of a plane and catch Simmons in *exactly* the right way. Was taking Lola out for a fly too expensive? It looked cool, but when that stuff happens in ANY film or TV show (Charlie's Angels, Iron Man 3, etc.) I think it's dumb.
    There is a difference between showing the show has stakes and killing off a character because you can not do what you initially intended with the character. It would have been one thing if Graham had died protecting Emma or while confronting Regina. We did not get that though, we got him dying in front of Emma and not being even tell Emma what was happening.

While Simmons dying would have had a climatic sacrificial element to it that Graham's death lacked, neither of them would have shown a world with real consequences. Also there are ways to show a world with stakes without senselessly killing, I think this show has started to show that with Eye-Spy episode and the consequences of Coulson's relations with his former protege, the continued story-line of Coulson's death , as well as Skye being put on a restricted access of sorts after betraying the team. Killing for the sack of killing or showing stakes is the mark of mad writing, especially if there little drama that results from such as with Graham who was relevant for the election episode and then dropped entirely and really has not mentioned since then. I would think Emma would at the very least would have opened up an investigation after the curse. If you really want to talk about lack of stakes, Regina got away with murder.

Comment

I reckon this was the best episode yet. Was nice to see more of Simmons and the deaths were quite cool.

Comment

i think this was the start of great things to come on this show....i gave it a 9....

Loved that the story line was focused on FitzSimmons and not Skye like the last couple of episodes have been...great start to both their character developments...also loved the continuity of the Avengers Movie and the backlash of the BATTLE OF NEW YORK and what it has done to Coulson and that in this particular Episode he has started to realize that things are not adding up...Would like to see more episodes like this....

the writers need to now give us something on both Ward and May and what makes them the way they are.......Everyone already likes May though....but i think most are undecided on Ward....i am probably one of the few who does like him....they need to put him in situations where it'll be all brains and not just bronze...(did that make sense)...lol...idk (i believe that Brett Dalton has potential to act)....

anyways best scene was obviously the skydiving scene....Elizabeth H. did a great job....

ps: I THINK WARD HAD TAKEN LOLA AS A RESCUE INSTRUMENT COULSON WOULD HAVE PROBABLY KILLED HIM.....LOL

Comment

Originally posted by bluestriker666
          ps: I THINK WARD HAD TAKEN LOLA AS A RESCUE INSTRUMENT COULSON WOULD HAVE PROBABLY KILLED HIM.....LOL
          Did you notice that Agent Blake touched Lola? I don't like that guy. lol

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
            "I mean, I know, like I lied to you guys, but... I was trying to protect my boyfriend" - Skye
            That was flat out HORRIBLE. cringeworthy isn't even strong enough....I loved the episode, but honestly, that line enough is enough to drop it from 10 to 9 for me...(I hate Skye's attitude in general. So self righteous about SHIELD's work [granted, sometimes a little Black OPs, but not REALLY], when they've done infinitely more to help people than she has...)

Comment

Did you notice that Agent Blake touched Lola? I don't like that guy. lol
              I did indeed see that....hopefully he comes back for episodes though....great actor.....Coulson needs to deal a little more with members from HQ (especially if it'll give him more insight on what happened between when he "DIED" and was brought back to "LIFE" and not just the team and the week's baddies....

Comment

Originally posted by bluestriker666
                I did indeed see that....hopefully he comes back for episodes though....great actor.....Coulson needs to deal a little more with members from HQ (especially if it'll give him more insight on what happened between when he "DIED" and was brought back to "LIFE" and not just the team and the week's baddies....
                Oh, I totally do like the actor... I'm supposed to not like that guy... but that was a really nice touch. It was like he was purposely touching Lola to tick Coulson off.

Comment

Oh, I totally do like the actor... I'm supposed to not like that guy... but that was a really nice touch. It was like he was purposely touching Lola to tick Coulson off.
                  lol...i know right....

Comment

I was wondering what if the virus was intended to prepare the wearer of the helmet to become some kind of Zombie warrior?

Literally single minded, would explain why they all fell over when the portal was sealed they literally have no life apart from their hive...

So they need to drain off the excess electricity without burning up the infected, but if it is a virus its replicating itself so ultimately you need some way to vaccinate the host so the anti-serum is the wrong name, [SPOILER]but didn't they clean the interior as well?

Dear god use the taser, girl!

Well Coulson told her off, good way to show he cares and maybe Morocco is that scary!
                    [/SPOILER]
                    Last edited by hopeless; 11-08-2013, 01:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hopeless
                      I was wondering what if the virus was intended to prepare the wearer of the helmet to become some kind of Zombie warrior?

Literally single minded, would explain why they all fell over when the portal was sealed they literally have no life apart from their hive...

So they need to drain off the excess electricity without burning up the infected, but if it is a virus its replicating itself so ultimately you need some way to vaccinate the host so the anti-serum is the wrong name, [SPOILER]but didn't they clean the interior as well?

Dear god use the taser, girl!

Well Coulson told her off, good way to show he cares and maybe Morocco is that scary!
                      [/SPOILER]

I suppose it is an anti-serum as opposed to a vaccine because the host is already injected with antibodies as opposed to stimulating his own immune system to produce antibodies.

Comment

I thought this episode had some good things and some bad things.

The start with the scouts being scared around the fire was very effective! Very spooky.

"A man of my age? That's something you say to an old person." Cute! (this is where my broadcast got cut into by election coverage for a few minutes. Argh.)

Mocking Ward then faking him out with the gun.

May was awesome, kicking the door in. Seriously, a whole episode about Melinda better be in the offing soon! I want more MM.

A Chautauri helmet? Nice callback to the Battle of New York. But I would have thought SHIELD would make sure to confiscate that sort of thing. I guess they could have missed someone taking something in the confusion. And it has an alien virus in it?

Simmons becoming infected. It's a common story telling ploy but it would have been more effective, IMO, if we knew and cared more about the character. We barely know her now and so her loss wouldn't be so great (to us, the audience, anyway).

Coulson disobeys, then Fitz disobeys, then Simmons jumps. Ward saves her, as we knew he would.

Phil's conversations with May were very enlightening (and hinting at May either having died or dealt with death before? Hmmmm.). He ordered tests on himself? I also liked May's words to him about being changed. Ming-Na is just amazing.

Did you notice that Agent Blake touched Lola?
                        I noticed that too! I immediately thought 'why is Coulson not telling him not to touch Lola?' But then that guy is Phil's 'boss' so....

So some good, some bad. Gave it a 6 out of 10.

Comment

'F. Z. Z. T.' is a good episode. For once, the agent of SHIELD battle something that they can't hit. An alien virus is the villain in this episode. It killed 3 men and almost a regular, before an antidote could be found. I hope the writers can keep up the good work.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎