Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Ariel?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Ariel?

What did you think?
    10 - I want to be part of this world.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Let me use my Trident to blow this episode to pieces like King Tritan did to Erics statue.
    0%

10 - I totally want to be part of this world.

Comment

I don't know what was better, the episode or the preview of next week! Awesome episode!

Comment

With what seemed to be a set up to the following episode and so many secrets revealed its a.....10!!!

Comment

Ariel was awesome! Neal and Emma reunited! Rumple and Regina were hilarious together! Snow was just as confused by the Emma/Hook kiss as I was! Indiana Jones-ish bridge! And, there is actually an Ursula who is NOT Regina!

10!

Comment

Other then the Swanfire gag worthy moments, a very good episode. I loved the Ursula twist, Regina gave Rumple a much needed reality check, and the secrets were good, even if I do not buy Emma really loving Bae since she never knew the real him.

Comment

I loved
              -Mary Margaret revealing that she wanted another baby even if it did come right before David's secret
              -The REAL Ursala YAY
              -I was worried going into this how they would handle the LM story but I think they did a great job with it
              -David's reaction to the Emma/Hook kiss
              -Regina conspiring with Rumple
              -the preview for next week looks awesome, not gonna lie!

Comment

Best episode of this season, thus far? I give it a 10.

Regina was made up to look like Ursula (from the movie) come to life. Also loved the real Ursula paying her a mirror visit- she didn't really look like the movie version, which was cool.

Also loved Regina's crack,..."little mermaid...."

Comment

I thought it was just ok.

The only thing I liked was Regina's Ursula.

Am I the only one who didn't like the look of the real Ursula? I didn't understand why she was gold. It was a "WTF?" moment for me.

This "Stuck-in-Neverland" stuff is starting to wear thin. I can't wait for the "mini season" to start in Storybrooke.
                  Last edited by Aries83; 11-03-2013, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I really enjoyed this episode.

These are my favourite lines,
                    4 of the 5 best lines are from regina:
                    mini trident... salad trident?
                    concentration is hard, thats the point
                    theres my malevolent imp
                    look at the catch of the day
                    time to swim back home, ... little mermaid

A few hours later, I'm watching The Little Mermaid (1989 cartoon movie) to get a better sense of the character of Ariel. I had not seen the movie in like 20 years so I'm realising I missed a lot of details. I now see they were very respectful of the material.

The fork is a big deal
                    The prince offering a tour of the kingdom
                    Ariel wanting to have legs
                    Ariel losing her voice
                    "Ursula" tricking Ariel
                    Ariel having a youthful love
                    Wears a purple bra
                    Ariel loves dancing

I expect that when Ariel gets to Storybrooke she is going to be completely mesmerised by the world of man.

The evil queen said that she and rumple are the two most powerful creatures ever. Oh? More powerful than Ursula? Than Jaffar?

I liked the reference to Wonderland / Aladdin, when the prince said he wanted to go to Agrabah.

For those of you who don't know, Ariel is the Hebrew word for "lion", and that is why a lot of Jewish men have that name, I'm not sure it means anything with respect to this character.
                    Last edited by DA_Champion; 11-04-2013, 04:41 AM.

Comment

I really enjoyed JoAnna Garcia Swisher’s portrayal of Ariel. And her stabbing Regina in the neck ranks a close second to Emma decking her in the first season. Despite my initial reservations of having Regina also be Ursula, I thought she did a great job and it worked well. She really needs to get over he obsession with killing Snow. At least for now, it is replaced with her obsession in saving Henry.

Did Rumple ever kiss “Belle” in Neverland? I hope not because that means he actually kissed the Shadow. It is bad enough he unwittingly divulged parts of himself to the shadow.

I am worried whatever magic Rumple will use from Storybrooke will have a negative impact since magic comes with a price.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
                        I thought it was just ok.

The only thing I liked was Regina's Ursula.

Am I the only one who didn't like the look of the real Ursula? I didn't understand why she was gold. It was a "WTF?" moment for me.

This "Stuck-in-Neverland" stuff is starting to wear thin. I can't wait for the "mini season" to start in Storybrooke.

I took it as a Ursula's spirit inhabiting the statue, and since it's a statue, it'll put more of the hurt on Regina for impersonating her.

Speaking of impersonating her, I was like "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOA DAYUM!" When I heard Regina talk as Ursula. She was incredibly on par with the cartoon voice to where there were identical moments quite a lot. Kudos to Lana for that one, she did an excellent job.

Overall I was impressed with this episode.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎