No announcement yet.

Stephen's father's name?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stephen's father's name?

Have they said Stephen's father's name on the new series?

I know it was said in the original show, but I'm not sure if it's come up here or not and maybe I just wasn't noticing.

Also, two more questions regarding names: Did I understand it wrong, or did Stephen's mom say they even changed their names when they moved around? And more than that... did they do all of their moving around before or after Stephen's dad left? That house looked the same in the flashbacks...

I think they changed the names before they moved around. His dad might of been responsible for them changing their names and moving.

Comment

His fathers name is Roger in the show.
      What I don't get is, isn't their last name Price?
      Jedikiah and Stephens father are brothers so they should have the same last name.

Comment

The way I understand it, Stephen's father was born "Roger Price." When Stephen was young, and before Luca was born, Roger had a falling-out with Jedikiah. The family started moving around (they were "on the run" as Marla put it) and their names were changed. After they settled here (with dad using the name "Jack Jameson"), Dad left the family - this would have been roughly 10 years ago, since Stephen said he was 8 at the time. Six years ago, Roger/Jack was "killed" by John. Not sure if Roger/Jack knew John in the 10-6 year ago period or 15 years ago, but the latter seems less likely, since they did specify that Stephen was "still diapers", IIRC.

It does make me wonder if Marla and Stephen are using their birth-certificate given names or not. Luca was born after they ran, so I'm not sure if he went through name changes, too, or not. I think they might have only changed their names the once (when they first left Jedikiah), but am not sure. It's just that Stephen, at least, would have been old enough to remember having had another name if they kept changing up until he was 8, I'd think.

did they do all of their moving around before or after Stephen's dad left? That house looked the same in the flashbacks...
        Definitely moved/ran before Dad left. Marla said after they got here "I thought we were done running, but it turns out he was just done with me" or something close to that.

So I see it like this:
        15-18 (probably more like 16-18) years ago, Roger changes his name, and they go on the run.
        10 years ago - Roger/Jack leaves his family in their current home
        6 years ago - Roger/Jack is shot by John
        Last edited by Liriel; 12-20-2013, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎