Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Quite A Common Fairy?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, after being around all those men for so long, I'm not surprised that Mulan would fall in love with Aurora. And it was easy to see that being the case in that scene since she was relieved it was only Aurora, and she only wanted to say the words to Aurora and nobody else. If she was in love with Phillip, I doubt Aurora would be the person she'd want to talk to it about.

All in all, I'm quite impressed with how this season is progressing so far. It's a step up from Season 2 in my opinion, and I've been enjoying every moment, this episode being no exception. I agree that the Regina/Tinkerbell moment was an extremely powerful one that really showed us a lot about Regina's character. She was willing to let Tinkerbell kill her right there to make amends. I do agree slightly that Tinkerbell's motivation for wanting to kill her was a bit much, but if you were putting everything on the line to prove that you weren't a screw up, and the person you tried to help ended up throwing it all in your face only to get you fired (despite her stealing the pixie dust, she was doing it in the name of true happiness) and losing your fairy status, only to also realize that she ruined both her life and the other guy's? I'd be pretty damn peeved too. Considering we don't know how she got to Neverland and what she had to endure while having to deal with that memory, it could have easily intensified to that point.

I'm also eager to see how the Henry/Pan bit plays out, especially now that Neal will be most likely taken to the same camp.

Comment

Originally posted by savingpeoplething
      It made sense in terms of how they wrote it in the episode, but I'm still like, "Why Robin Hood?". Why is HE the perfect match for The Evil Queen? I guess they'll go into that more, but I'm still confused as to why they chose him. At this point, I'm like, "Sure. Why not?"

That's a good and fair point, but I don't know that Regina is selfish "at her core". Her younger version is about wanting True Love and hating power and being a Queen. She just happens to choose darkness and revenge more when she needs to make decisions. But, I see your point.
      Because in a way, he's a huge persona for good...the Chaotic Good/Anti Hero, which is the perfect foil to Regina's inner Chaotic Evil. With all of the anger that the Queen has to deal with, Robin Hood would have been the perfect person to quell every flame that she has, and they could have even gone adventuring together to help with blowing off a lot of the steam. He would have been the person to quash her darkness with his unique sense of right. Not to mention, he wasn't the same Robin hood at that point....if I had to hazard a guess. The pub moment may have been that specific turning point moment for him...if Regina had walked in and followed Tinkerbell's path, they could have been happily in love and he never would have became the thief for the poor and savior to the one that he did end up falling in love with later.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonatus
        Because in a way, he's a huge persona for good...the Chaotic Good/Anti Hero, which is the perfect foil to Regina's inner Chaotic Evil.
        Exactly.

Regina is used to doing whatever she wants to. She's the Evil Queen, nobody (except for maybe Snow) stands up to her and says, "No." I feel like Hood would be the man to do that, especially if he thinks her to be a corrupt queen. For all we know -- since they haven't really given us a detailed backstory -- Regina might have some rule over Nottingham, which would mean that ALL of her actions in FTL directly affected his life. If true, then perhaps he saw her rule as unfair and set out to "steal from the rich and give to the poor," as he's likely done.

Regina is a very strong-willed woman, some would even say that she's too serious for her own good, another reason why Robin Hood would be good for her. I have a hunch -- despite what we've seen so far -- that this Robin Hood is going to have a wry sense of humor (think Robin Hood: Men in Tights, but not so slapstick). Regina is so tightly wound at this point that the only thing that would disarm or calm her would be someone who can tell a joke and not take himself so seriously. Regina needs that. Once he's charmed her in that regard, the easier it will be for him to woo her and open her heart to what he can give her, which is true love.

Also, he's a single dad. We've already been shown that Regina is receptive to the love from a child (Owen and Henry), so it's likely that she'll love Roland as if he were her own flesh and blood later on. I really think he will be good for her, and I'm really excited about the potential their arc has.

I'm ready for it, especially because I think that the writers have milked the "Who-is-Henry's-rightful-mother?" plotline for far too long. She and Emma can't fight over Henry for the rest of the series, can they? A love interest couldn't come soon enough, in my opinion.
        Last edited by Aries83; 10-15-2013, 03:47 PM.

Comment

Well, I don't see them teasing the Regina/Robin possibility without an equal possibility of them running into each other again. In fact, I quite want them to run into each other again...I think it'd be terrific to see what would happen.

Comment

That Peter Punk is an annoying little spock-eared embarrassment for the fairy community. He deserves what he's gonna get! What a jerk. He should be forced to eat that new burger with the fetta cheese and hot sauce from Carl's. If Charming is so dumb that he's letting himself die so he doesn't have to listen to his womens crying but can escape to death before they start grieving, that's so stupid they should probably just give him his wish and let him die. That'd be a bold choice for the show.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎