No announcement yet.

Constantine (NBC) - Original KSiteTV Forum Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Halberdier17
    Grimm was successful on Fridays and the only reason I started watching it was because it aired after Chuck during Chuck's final season.
    Wasn't that season on Fridays too? More proof that if they actually show something good, people will come.

If the choice is Constantine or Blue Bloods, I know what most of us would likely pick...

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
      Wasn't that season on Fridays too? More proof that if they actually show something good, people will come.

If the choice is Constantine or Blue Bloods, I know what most of us would likely pick...
      Yeah Chuck's final season was only on Fridays so Grimm's first season was also on Fridays.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
        Not for NBC. Grimm is arguably one of NBC's most successful launches and it's done well on Fridays. I hate the notion that TV needs to give up on Fridays. The key is to put GOOD stuff there, and people will watch.

Monday and Tuesday, whatever they have at 10 would go on after The Voice, and I don't know that Constantine would really be compatible with that, lol.
        The notion sticks, if you ask me. I rarely know anyone who has any time to watch anything on Fridays. I mean, it's lovely that some shows still have an audience on Fridays, but I hate having any show on Fridays because of that major plausibility of being cancelled, even if Grimm can work on Fridays. It's not like I check out ratings a whole lot, but I just know about the idea that shows on Friday don't do THAT well except for a special few, but still, I am generalizing shows as a whole that are sent to the Friday time slots.

Comment

Good news, NBC has ordered it up to pilot: http://www.ksitetv.com/constantine/c...from-nbc/27801

Comment

Cool hope it sees the light of day and we get a full series commissioned. Oh man can't wait hope they do it justice.

Comment

Keeping an open mind but I can't help but think Constantine should be done by the BBC for obvious reasons.

Comment

US tv show can't produce a show with a brit lead? hehe

Comment

Will this show serve as a subtle hint that NBC has died and gone to hell because of airing Will and Grace in a previous decade? Our sins haunt us to the grave it seems, even in the case of television networks.

I'm excited about this show, strangely, because of how well they've done with Dracula and Hannibal. These have been quality productions that share very little in common with the cheap looking B horror movies that monsters are so frequently relegated to. So yes I want to see devils running wild on NBC, and I have reason to expect it'll be strong stuff when it happens. These are good times. Way to go, America's Ice Skating network! Melt all that ice with some demon fire! Yes! F yes! It's time to counter-program your own counter-programming! I like it.

Will this be a direct replacement for Dracula, I wonder? If so, okay. If not, cool. If they want to trot one of these productions out each year and the only price we have to pay is that they're each single season affairs, I say it's worth it, preferrable even to letting these shows wear out their welcome.

Comment

I tweeted Travis Yanan the other day. He reads a lot of the pilots scripts, he read Constantine. He has indicated that it does seem to have a serious tone. Whether that is a good thing is a different matter as he infured it was overly serious to the point were Constantine is dour (I was hoping he would be more whitty, with a dark sense of humor). He also mentioned having issues the portrayal of the female lead. Hopefully he will read Flash and Gotham soon.
                    Source:
                    Last edited by Degobunny; 01-29-2014, 09:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by InactiveUserID
                      Will this show serve as a subtle hint that NBC has died and gone to hell because of airing Will and Grace in a previous decade? Our sins haunt us to the grave it seems, even in the case of television networks.

I'm excited about this show, strangely, because of how well they've done with Dracula and Hannibal. These have been quality productions that share very little in common with the cheap looking B horror movies that monsters are so frequently relegated to. So yes I want to see devils running wild on NBC, and I have reason to expect it'll be strong stuff when it happens. These are good times. Way to go, America's Ice Skating network! Melt all that ice with some demon fire! Yes! F yes! It's time to counter-program your own counter-programming! I like it.

Will this be a direct replacement for Dracula, I wonder? If so, okay. If not, cool. If they want to trot one of these productions out each year and the only price we have to pay is that they're each single season affairs, I say it's worth it, preferrable even to letting these shows wear out their welcome.
                      I would not be surprised if Dracula is getting a second season. NBC gets it really cheap. I could see Constantine splitting the time slot with Dracula though (Dracula in the Fall/ Constantine in the Spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Degobunny
                        I tweeted Travis Yanan the other day. He reads a lot of the pilots scripts, he read Constantine. He has indicated that it does seem to have a serious tone. Whether that is a good thing is a different matter as he infused it was overly serious to the point were he is dour (I was hoping he would be more whitty, with a dark sense of humor). Hopefully he will read Flash and Gotham soon.
                        Source:
                        https://mobile.twitter.com/travisyanan

I'm happy about that it will have a serious more darker tone. As I don't think this Constantine will be swearing and using vile language.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
                          I'm happy about that it will have a serious more darker tone. As I don't think this Constantine will be swearing and using vile language.
                          I think there is a way to add levity to something and keep it serious. I hope Constantine strikes that balance.
                          Last edited by Degobunny; 01-29-2014, 09:49 AM.

Comment

According to Deadline, Neil Marshall(The Descent) is directing the pilot.

Source: http://www.deadline.com/2014/01/dram...-get-directors

Comment

Where getting a blonde and British Constantine. The site maintains that although they may not cast a British actor, Constantine will "be a Londoner, and he’s going to talk with his accent." I doubt he'll have a Liverpool/Scouse accent which is where Constantine originated from in the comics.

Comment

I'm cautiously optimistic, I think the most important thing to do now is to cast a kick ass brit for the job then dye his hair blonde or even better, get a natural blonde

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎