Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Qcore
    its going to fail.
    Have you seen Hayley Atwell.
    The one shot was awesome. Only issue I see is period pieces can be expensive

Comment

Was a little skeptical about this thing. But, am starting to warm up to it. I'd imagen this show will have less restrictions, than AoS. For those of you, who don't know this, the producers/writers of that show, have a list of what characters, they can use. This show wouldn't have that, as they'd be dealing with WWII era characters, that Marvel isn't likely to use, for films. You'd also be dealing with the years, following WWII, so Peggy could be hunting former members of HYDRA, that've gone under ground, since the war. Run into old HYDRA experiments, etc.

Comment

As long as Hayley Atwell is in.

I also like the WW II setting.

Comment

Official synopsis:

It's 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life--Steve Rogers.
          Source: marvel.com

Comment

Promo image:
            Last edited by jon-el87; 05-11-2014, 05:05 AM. Reason: Replacing outside image, with shieldsite link

Comment

I'm all for a comic book based show with a female lead but come on at least make her a legitimate superhero. What's wrong with a full blown Ms Marvel series? I'd watch that every week. She-Hulk would be awesome if done properly as well........I don't understand what the appeal is for shows about average folks in the world of heroes if the heroes that are referenced can't even be used. What's next, Janitors of SHIELD? An hour drama about the lives of the men and women who clean Nick Fury's bathroom while showing the heroism and courage it takes to be a janitor living in a world of often referenced but never seen superheroes?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperheroFan87
                I'm all for a comic book based show with a female lead but come on at least make her a legitimate superhero. What's wrong with a full blown Ms Marvel series? I'd watch that every week. She-Hulk would be awesome if done properly as well........I don't understand what the appeal is for shows about average folks in the world of heroes if the heroes that are referenced can't even be used. What's next, Janitors of SHIELD? An hour drama about the lives of the men and women who clean Nick Fury's bathroom while showing the heroism and courage it takes to be a janitor living in a world of often referenced but never seen superheroes?

Its probably going to be more of an action show focusing on the creation of SHIELD. So while its a comic related movie odds are it wont be a superhero series. They may be able to do something with Bucky at some point. They can also do stuff like creating their own super heros. unless there were older heroes somewhere.

Comment

Here are some of the characters, they should be allowed to do:

Brian Falsworth/Destroyer/Union Jack
                  Roger Aubrey/Dyna-Mite/Destroyer
                  Robert Frank/Whizzer
                  Madeline Joyce/Miss America
                  Betsy Ross/Golden Girl (she's the aunt of General Ross, in case you're wondering about the name)
                  Jacqueline Falsworth/Spitfire
                  Jeffrey Mace/Patriot/Captain America
                  Dan Lyons/Black Marvel
                  William Nasland/Spirit of '76/Captain America
                  Aarkus/Vision
                  Claire Voyant/Black Widow
                  Bruce Dickson/Thin Man
                  Jacob Goldstein/The Golem
                  Jack Frost
                  Jerry Carstairs/Thunderer
                  Julia Koening/Warrior Woman
                  Mark Todd/Blazing Skull
                  Richard Jones/Phantom Reporter (don't know, don't ask)
                  Red Raven
                  Patrick Mason/Thunderfist (along with the other Crusaders)
                  Perry Webb/American Ace
                  George Maxon/Red Skull

And that's just some of the guys, that would exist in this era. I'm leaving out the original Human Torch, as I'm speculating (see Avengers: Age of Ultron thread) that he'll be making a cameo in Avengers 2, played by Paul Bettany (making the character off-limits).

Comment

Actually in weeks leading up to AOU they need to show Jim Hammond for backstory. I bet it's no coincidence of Vision being added and Agent Carter going to series.

Of course 13 week run may be long over

Comment

Comment

From CBR:

While speaking with The Daily Telegraph, Hayley Atwell confirmed that Dominic Cooper will return as Howard Stark for the "Agent Carter" series debuting this season on ABC.

"He’s incredibly naughty," Atwell said of Cooper. "So I’m going to start the pranks as early as I can. He will come up with some very good ones, too."

Comment

Comment

From CBR:

Marvel Studios Co-President Louis D'Esposito revealed this afternoon during the "Marvel Television Presents" panel at Comic-Con International that "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" directors Joe and Anthony Russo will helm the second and third episodes of the series, while "Captain America: The First Avenger" director Joe Johnston is set for the fourth.

D'Esposito, who directed the "Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter" short for the "Iron Man 3" Blu-ray, will helm the pilot, penned by "The First Avenger" screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.

Comment

I posted this in the wrong thread I posted it in the Agent Carter to Become a Show thread.

http://www.ksitetv.com/interviews-2/...nnection/35491

Agent Carter producers talk about the show and its Arrow connection.

The Arrow connection is that one of the Executive Producers Tara Butters is married to Marc Guggenheim.

Comment

From Newsarama:

Friday during a red carpet interview leading into Comic-Con International: San Diego, IGN conducted several interviews with those involved in both Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and 2015's Agent Carter television series and came away with some surprising information. Chief amongst those was the fact that the ever-present butler from Avengers comics, Edwin Jarvis, would debut in Agent Carter as the butler for Howard Stark.

"I can tell you you'll get Edwin Jarvis ,who is Howard Stark's butler and is an important force in Tony Stark's life," said Stephen McFeely. "He'll be an important ally for Peggy, and as being an emissary for Howard Stark, he might have access to tech."

McFeely and fellow Executive Producer and writer Christopher Markus said that Agent Carter is being approached as an "8 hour movie" with "one story, one bad guy, with lots of twists and turns." The duo said that while Hydra is on the table for use in the series, the fact that Arnim Zola revealed what Hydra did after World War 2 in Captain America: The Winter Soldier it changes how they would approach it in the post-WW2 era of Agent Carter. They did say that Agent Carter would feature a major Marvel villain, but balked at naming who.

In another interview, series showrunners Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas said that while in the long-term Agent Carter will showcase how the SSR transforms into S.H.I.E.L.D., the debut of S.H.I.E.L.D. won't happen in the first season. Also, the pair were asked about a tidbit of information given out in the Agent Carter teaser from Friday night regarding Howard Stark being branded a traitor, but they both said "no comment."

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎