No announcement yet.

Spawn - New Movie

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spawn - New Movie

Todd McFarlane is claiming that a new take on his Image Comics antihero could be in front of cameras as early as next year.

"It’s not going to be a giant budget [film] with a lot of special effects," he says. "It’s going to be more of a horror movie and a thriller movie, not a superhero one."

Not sure how I feel about this. Guess we shall see.

I loved the animated series when I was a kid and as long as its' better than the crap that was the first movie I'll be happy.

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Comment

Horror/Thriller thing seems cool...Todd just seem out of touch or an ego maniac.

Comment

Todd McFarlane says he wants the next Spawn film to feel more like the animated series, than the PG-13 film.

So, not a horror film, but a supernatural thriller. Todd, offers another way of pitching his vision: "This is just going to be The Departed and L.A. Confidential with a ghost moving around in it."
          the script is just a couple months from completion and already has an idea of how much the budget will be.

I'm happy he said that Spawn animated series was great and his movie deserves to be an R rated.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/todd...medium=twitter
          Last edited by maasaloo; 10-11-2013, 02:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
            Todd McFarlane says he wants the next Spawn film to feel more like the animated series, than the PG-13 film.

So, not a horror film, but a supernatural thriller. Todd, offers another way of pitching his vision: "This is just going to be The Departed and L.A. Confidential with a ghost moving around in it."
            the script is just a couple months from completion and already has an idea of how much the budget will be.

I'm happy he said that Spawn animated series was great and his movie deserves to be an R rated.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/todd...medium=twitter
            Yeah, it's going to be like The Departed and LA confidential, but with ghosts.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
              Yeah, it's going to be like The Departed and LA confidential, but with ghosts.
              yeah he does go overboard sometimes. but it's one of those things you want done well seeing as it's something from your childhood.

Rumour was/is Jamie Foxx want's the lead.

Comment

I hope the concept of a hellspawn doesn't become too watered down.

Anyone else want to see a spin-off movie/tv-show with Sam & Twitch?

Comment

Not going to happen but it would be pretty funny if Angela would debut in Guardians of the Galaxy before a new Spawn movie. A flick of which we've heard news from McFarlane for years.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎