Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ben Affleck is Batman!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

"By playing a superhero in Daredevil I have inoculated myself from ever playing another superhero... Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me and something I wouldn't want to do again soon." – Ben Affleck in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
      http://skymovies.sky.com/ben-affleck...an-vs-superman

"By playing a superhero in Daredevil I have inoculated myself from ever playing another superhero... Wearing a costume was a source of humiliation for me and something I wouldn't want to do again soon." – Ben Affleck in 2006.
      He has the right to change his mind.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
        He has the right to change his mind.

But that was only seven years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
          I'm definitely going to re-watch it, to review Affleck's performance and also because I've always enjoyed Michael Clarke Duncan and thought he was a great choice for Kingpin.

And Jennifer Garner doesn't hurt either.
          Re-watching Daredevil, I can't help but think the tone is completely wrong. The dialogue and actions taken by the characters are better suited to a much more tongue-in-cheek type flick than the one presented. I can't tell from Affleck's performance if I'm supposed to care about him or laugh at him. Some of the hyper-violence, like when Daredevil lets the guy get cut in half by the train, makes me think the director wanted to go all Tarantino but couldn't. But then they break out the scene where Murdock and Elektra fight on the playground, and it feels more like a parody.

Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion

2) Matt Damon is brought on to play Robin
            I would rather see Matt Damon as Lex Luthor

Comment

Originally posted by cksidekick
              But that was only seven years ago!
              It may have been one of those things where it was the right type of role, wrong time to do it. That quote was from 2006 but, didn't the movie come out years before? Comic book movies have become very popular, it's the right time for him, maybe.
              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 08-23-2013, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Re-watching Daredevil, I can't help but think the tone is completely wrong. The dialogue and actions taken by the characters are better suited to a much more tongue-in-cheek type flick than the one presented. I can't tell from Affleck's performance if I'm supposed to care about him or laugh at him. Some of the hyper-violence, like when Daredevil lets the guy get cut in half by the train, makes me think the director wanted to go all Tarantino but couldn't. But then they break out the scene where Murdock and Elektra fight on the playground, and it feels more like a parody.

Hmm.

It was the directors first movie. He also wrote it. It was his "baby". I still don't know how he pulled it off. I have seen interviews with him telling how hard it was and the lessons he learned from pretty much failing to make a good movie. It may be on the dvd special features, but I don't remember.

Edit: Found it.

1- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nLNx1LOIYQ

2- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx-i50mSak8

3- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyMviWgvq9s

4- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Q8AONYsyo

5- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbpRVltxpOk

6- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoGkMmpUYhU
                Last edited by cksidekick; 08-23-2013, 08:26 AM.

Comment

It was the directors first movie. He also wrote it. It was his "baby". I still don't know how he pulled it off. I have seen interviews with him telling how hard it was and the lessons he learned from pretty much failing to make a good movie. It may be on the dvd special features, but I don't remember.
                  No, it wasn't.

Comment

I'm okay with it I thought he was good as Daredevil there were other problems with the movie.

Comment

Ben Affleck is good actor but I don't see Batman when I look at him. He was great as Daredevil (and sort of Batman-esque) but I am a bit skeptical about him doing Batman. To be fair I was initially skeptical about Heath Ledger playing The Joker but his performance was phenomenal and he is by far the best on-screen Joker.

Comment

Originally posted by jon-el87
                        No, it wasn't.
                        Fair enough. I meant his first big budget action movie. His first of this kind. That's why Daredevil feels like a date movie. He writes everything he directs.
                        Last edited by cksidekick; 08-23-2013, 08:40 AM.

Comment

It was the directors first movie [of that kind]. He also wrote it. It was his "baby". I still don't know how he pulled it off. I have seen interviews with him telling how hard it was and the lessons he learned from pretty much failing to make a good movie. It may be on the dvd special features, but I don't remember.
                          Good to know. It's also interesting to me that I remember liking Daredevil more than the critics at the time. I remember thinking it wasn't a great movie, but not as bad as people had made it out to be. I think I now have to admit that I was wrong.

However, I will say this... I can't judge Affleck on this movie at all. It wouldn't be fair. No one could have made it good.

Comment

Good to know. It's also interesting to me that I remember liking Daredevil more than the critics at the time. I remember thinking it wasn't a great movie, but not as bad as people had made it out to be. I think I now have to admit that I was wrong.

However, I will say this... I can't judge Affleck on this movie at all. It wouldn't be fair. No one could have made it good.
                            I have the Director's Cut of Daredevil on blu ray and I think that is a far superior version of the movie. It adds a new side story and gets rid of a few scenes from the theatrical cut. For a rewatch you can't fail with the Director's Cut.

Comment

I am cool with it. It is surprising though.

Comment

I have to wonder. How old is Batman in this movie? Affleck is not in his 30s nor his 20s so we can't be looking at a Batman who is an inexperienced rookie. Seems to me that he would be a seasoned crime fighter if Affleck is playing him. Also, Affleck has to decide if he is in it for the long haul. This is leading to a JLA movie in 2017 (WB better get their @ss moving with Wonder Woman). Does Affleck want to do a multiple picture deal as Batman?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎