No announcement yet.

Ben Affleck is Batman!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Exedore
    At least this will generate some entertaining fan outrage just like Cavill's casting did. I was almost missing the riveting debates about his hairline and height and voice and all that stuff. Dunno about the movie but the internet will be fun for the next two years.

Yeah, to quote one of my Favs... "Laugh it up Fuzzball!"

But you and I BOTH know they will have Cavill in a hairpiece by the next movie. You can take that to the Sam Malone bank of Hairpieces!

Comment

I am hopeful though let's face it when a new performer is announced as Batman /Bruce Wayne fans are almost never totally happy. Those wishing for a complete different type of Caped Crusader from Nolan's well wish granted. I'll hold judgement until I see something with him, like him in a suit.

Comment

"Loohk heah, wickawd pissah Soopahmahn... I got a load ah Kryptahnahgt heah... don't make meh use it on yah!"

Comment

I'm kinda OK with it but he was no where near my choice for Batman.

Comment

Wow, I see that the reaction to this news is overwhelmingly negative everywhere on the interwebs. I never would have imagined... Even after all Ben did in his career, people only mention Daredevil and how bad they think that movie was (which it wasn't really).

For me if they want an older Batman, appearance wise, Ben fits like a glove. The chin, height and I'm sure he'll build up his physique for the movie. But most importantly the dude can act.

Oh, well, people...

Now if only Goyer and Snyder asked for his help with the script and directing. If only!

Comment

Originally posted by CKent/KalEl
              Wow, I see that the reaction to this news is overwhelmingly negative everywhere on the interwebs. I never would have imagined... Even after all Ben did in his career, people only mention Daredevil and how bad they think that movie was (which it wasn't really).

For me if they want an older Batman, appearance wise, Ben fits like a glove. The chin, height and I'm sure he'll build up his physique for the movie. But most importantly the dude can act.

Oh, well, people...

Now if only Goyer and Snyder asked for his help with the script and directing. If only!
              Yeah people hold Dardevil against him but the last couple of times I've seen him he was great in The Town and Argo which the movie won Best Picture.

Comment

The internet always complains about superhero casting choices.

Comment

My first reaction was "wtf" and then "okay..." I will see. I hope Afflect gets to write and direct it too. I will have to brainwash my self to for her about daredevil

Comment

Originally posted by Sharingan
                    My first reaction was "wtf" and then "okay..." I will see. I hope Afflect gets to write and direct it too
                    He's a great director but that would be stepping on Zack Snyder's toes. Which he won't seeing as the guy cast him in his movie.

Word is WB may offer him to direct they're next reboot of Batman.

Comment

My reactions:

Initial: WTF?! Do they want me to hate this movie?

Second: Wait a minute. Ben Affleck isn't the joke he was when his career hit a lull. People don't make fun of him as "Matt Damon's buddy" anymore. He's actually a talented actor, writer, and director. And hey, didn't Heath Ledger surprise you?

Third: But he's still not Batman.

Thoughts: This decision is confusing to me on many levels. From Affleck's side, I don't understand it. Daredevil hurt his career. He has spent a great deal of time and effort making quality films like Argo and The Town, and is a highly respected person in the industry again. He has two Oscars. Rumor was that they offered to let him direct a Justice League movie and he turned it down. As an established filmmaker in his own right, one who could probably be hired to direct anything he wanted right now, why waste time being told how to make a Superman vs. Batman movie? If he had asked, he probably could have directed the damn thing two years ago! It's not as if he would use this leverage to say "okay, I'll be Batman if you let me direct JL" - because he was already offered that. Unless he's got some HUGE budget blockbuster vanity project in mind he wants WB to greenlight, I don't get how this helps him at all. The only, and I mean ONLY, motivation I could see him having is that... he just really loves Batman.

From WB's side, I guess this gets them Hollywood cred, as Affleck now has a ton of respect, but I don't get the impression that the fans love this choice. I don't get the idea that Affleck as Batman is going to sell tickets. Am I wrong? Maybe. But he seems wrong for the part to me. Also, what happened to their reluctance to cast former Marvel people? Is it because Affleck transcends that stigma? Is it because they want him to make movies for them? Is it because Daredevil was so long ago and went nowhere that they don't care?

One thing I will say... Affleck has proven that he knows how to make films. If this is some way for WB to secure his talents in that department, then good for them. Otherwise, I don't like the choice. I don't think he'll make a good Batman. I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                        Also, what happened to their reluctance to cast former Marvel people? Is it because Affleck transcends that stigma? Is it because they want him to make movies for them? Is it because Daredevil was so long ago and went nowhere that they don't care?
                        Is there any evidence for this actual reluctance? Wouldn't that violate the agreement with the screen actors guild?

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                          Is there any evidence for this actual reluctance?
                          Source: http://blogs.amctv.com/movie-blog/20...qa-thors-jaim/

Q: You say you were approached to play Wonder Woman. Did you go after roles in any other superhero franchises?

A: I was cast in Thor back in 2009, so it sort of took me out of the running for anything tied to DC Comics. They wouldn’t even see me for the Superman movie or any of that stuff. Which is completely fine. I understand that.
                          Wouldn't that violate the agreement with the screen actors guild?
                          No clue.

Comment

Well, she was an extremely minor character in Thor. Ryan Reynolds was in the XMen and he still became Green Lantern ... it might only apply to Disney Marvel and not to Fox Marvel.

Comment

Originally posted by DA_Champion
                              Well, she was an extremely minor character in Thor. Ryan Reynolds was in the XMen and he still became Green Lantern ... it might only apply to Disney Marvel and not to Fox Marvel.
                              I don't know who it applies to or why. I guess Affleck transcends it, though.

Comment

I remember the histrionics over Michael Keaton being cast as Batman. Nothing will EVER rival that.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎