Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you going to see Batman/Superman in theaters?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

This may be just a generational thing, but it's really weird to me how people now view actually seeing the movie in the cinema as a kind of reward for a preconceived notion of quality rather than a means to actually experience a film and THEN form an opinion about it. Guess I'm getting old.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
      I don't want to put words in his mouth (fingers?), but perhaps he meant because there's so much loud action that it would be physically impossible to fall asleep if you saw it in a theater and were bombarded by such overpowering visuals and noise. Total guess.
      Yeah, basically MoS is a visual spectacle and so is probably more enjoyable with a bigger screen and better sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Kindoalkun
        This may be just a generational thing, but it's really weird to me how people now view actually seeing the movie in the cinema as a kind of reward for a preconceived notion of quality rather than a means to actually experience a film and THEN form an opinion about it. Guess I'm getting old.
        Money is tight and the movies are expensive. I simply can't afford to see every movie I want to see and I want to maximize the chances that I spend the money on a good one. So, if reviews are terrible, chances are I'll skip it. "Back in the day", when you could go to the movies for 50 cents and see a double feature, I probably would have been there every chance I got.

Comment

I voted yes because I am a slave to anything DC/Superman/Batman. Despite my many misgivings I had with MOS, I know for a fact that the curiosity will get the better of me, and I will have to see how it plays out on the big screen. I guess I just can't keep the fangirl in me quiet. Dammit.

Comment

My choice isn't listed, no, I'm not seeing it in theatres because I don't see movies in theatres. I've been to one movie in 10 years and hated my experience. Someone always is talking on their cellphones or let's their brat kids run wild screaming and crying. I am making one exception, I will see Star Wars but as for Batman vs Superman, I'll wait until the blu Ray is released I prefer watching movies in my recliner by myself., no noisy people and I can pause the movie to pee

Comment

I'll be there opening weekend; I'm excited. There isn't that same level of hype for this as TFA (which is understandable) but, this is the first time in film history that both comic book titans (3 with Wonder Woman) will be shown together (sharing the same screen) in live action.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎