Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm skeptical that this will restore their old market share.

Are they going to make new Lord Of The Rings stories too?

Comment

• Seriously worrying about WB their a subsidiary of Time Warner and WB make numerous movies in a year. They are working with Chris Nolan still Terminator franchise is being rebooted with Terminator Genesis. Rumours of a follow up to the Matrix being in the works. Not forgetting the potential for the DC cinematic universe,.

Comment

• The Rock has hinted at who he may play in the DC universe while promoting Hercules.

So, you know, there’s been mutual interest with myself and DC for many years to find the right character. I, like everyone here in the room, love superheroes. So there’s been mutual interest with us for years, and we’ve been having ongoing discussions, myself and DC, for years about the right character, what the right character would be. That’s another thing, too: It had to be right."

However when the site then pressed him for further details on who he will be playing, Johnson went on to quite cryptically list three of the main qualities that the character has. "The first quality we were looking for was that he had to be extremely complex and have a lot going on. What that does for me as an actor and the studio is it gives us space that we can explore; his complexities.

The other quality was that he had to – the character we were looking for had to be well-known but never brought to life. Then what that does again as an actor, it gives me a little bit of space, and we talked about personality. It just gives me a chance to put an imprint into his personality, with the set of tools that I could bring to the table and put a very unique twist on his personality, but still pay homage to who he is.

The third thing – and most important – is he had to be a badass mother[frick]er, OK, and on a Superman level of power, where [he] could throw down. In those three qualities, I’m happy we’ve found that character."

I think he'll play Martian Manhunter or John Stewart. I'm putting this one out there Darkseid.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...c-comics-role/
        Last edited by maasaloo; 03-25-2014, 09:00 AM.

Comment

• Good news, regardless of who he's playing. Would love for them to go the Captain Marvel/Black Adam route but that's extremely unlikely.

Comment

• He's just so............. The Rock. He's almost a superhero already. For me, it's like getting Christian Bale to play Iron Man when RDJ retires from the part. It's not that something like that would be bad. It would probably be great. But it would be difficult for me to see him as the character and not who he is. That's not a criticism. The Rock is awesome. But Arnold shouldn't have played Mr. Freeze, either.

I don't know. I'm being unfair. I'm also rambling.

Comment

• Originally posted by DA_Champion
              Are they going to make new Lord Of The Rings stories too?
              They could still adapt the Silmarillion to complete the trilogy of trilogies.

It's a different story with Harry Potter because the original author has written more books like Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them and Quidditch Through The Ages. And I'll bet she'll continue to write even more stories for this universe so making movies surrounding these books sounds like a no-brainer to me.
              Last edited by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow; 03-25-2014, 10:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                He's just so............. The Rock. He's almost a superhero already. For me, it's like getting Christian Bale to play Iron Man when RDJ retires from the part. It's not that something like that would be bad. It would probably be great. But it would be difficult for me to see him as the character and not who he is. That's not a criticism. The Rock is awesome. But Arnold shouldn't have played Mr. Freeze, either.

I don't know. I'm being unfair. I'm also rambling.
                It is bold of you to draw such complex conclusions from Batman & Robin.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by maasaloo
                    Seriously worrying about WB their a subsidiary of Time Warner and WB make numerous movies in a year. They are working with Chris Nolan still Terminator franchise is being rebooted with Terminator Genesis. Rumours of a follow up to the Matrix being in the works. Not forgetting the potential for the DC cinematic universe,.
                    Princess line, Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar >> Terminator, Matrix, DC, Nolan.

And besides, Christopher Nolan is an unrestricted free agent.

Disney spent 8 billion dollars for Marvel and Star Wars. They might end up being worth a lot more... just imagine if Star Wars is as well managed as Marvel and Pixar.

Comment

• Is this a wind up? If you're worrying about WB you should also worry about every other studio in Hollywood. Especially considering they are one of the biggest.
                      Last edited by maasaloo; 03-25-2014, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DA_Champion
                        Disney spent 8 billion dollars for Marvel and Star Wars. They might end up being worth a lot more... just imagine if Star Wars is as well managed as Marvel and Pixar.
                        Gawd, they could just declare themselves a country and wage war at that point.

Comment

• That's true but I though DA has some misgivings of the direction of the new Star Wars franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by maasaloo
                            That's true but I though DA has some misgivings of the direction of the new Star Wars franchise.
                            Misgivings with respect to what I want (an epic plot).

In terms of what joe consumer wants, I don't know. But Abrams has a good track record. We're going to get good visuals, sound effects, and character moments that appear wonderful and engaging though they might not be coherent with the rest of the movie.
                            Last edited by DA_Champion; 03-26-2014, 04:50 AM.

Comment

• I think its much simpler than all this discussion, loosing money and pinning both movies against each other, is a very stupid commercial and economic decision, any way you want to look at it, its specially not a way to destroy competition, specially when your competition is not going down for loosing, worst case scenario 100 million in box office sales, lets be real, neither WB/DC or specially Disney/Marvel will be "destroyed" because their movie didn't beat the other one. Even DC, Im sure this movie will meake enough money to merit a sequel and spin-offs regardless of beating or not Cap 3. And the Marvel universe wont implode if Cap 3 didnt manage to beat the BatmanvsSuperman behemot of a movie.

Even pinned against one another, they´ll both make a lot of money, both will most likely make at least 100million over their budget in domestic and at least that same amount abroad, so it wont really be "destroying" each other, it would just be slightly outselling each other, cause you have a succesfull franchise movie and you have Batman and Superman on the silver screen for the first time, so we know both will make good money, its only a matter of how much and which one makes more.

So there will be no destroying, only a marginal victory, why would any of them risk comming up 30-100 million short in the long run for a pretty mild victory.

If Batman vs Superman wins, is it really a pretty strong message?? c´mon, is it really? using their two flagpole, media titan characters it manages to beat a Captain America movie?? is that really a victory or a strong message that Marvel is unbeatable? its not. Perhaps if it were an Avengers movie, the message would be strong, yet as a minor in economy, I wouldnt recomend sacrifcing good dollars to send a message that is more of an ego statement than something that would translate into money, which is what this companies are ultimately after.

On the other hand Cap beating Superman vs Batman is just a trend that´s been going on for a while now, which is Marvel building a strong franchise with a wide fanbase and its simply collecting on the aggregate work of the universe they´ve been building for almost a decade (by the time both movies are out). I also dont see it as a huge victory.

Yes both are victories but not big enough to sacrifice dollars, cause they only thing that is for sure is that neither movie will make what it would have, if it hadnt been released on the same weekend.
                              Last edited by Kal-ed; 03-26-2014, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• Joe Russo, co-director of The Winter Soldier, was asked recently about the opening clash between Captain America 3 and "Batman vs Superman."

Everybody likes to image a flame war that'll start over this but it's not. It's two big movies on a date - neither studio is crazy enough to eat up each other's profits. At some point, somebody's going to move off the date.
                                That pretty much sums-up the situation. All WB and Marvel are doing at the moment is a spot of macho posturing - neither wants to be seen as moving their release dates because of the other. However, given the choice between a few bruised executive egos and a greatly reduced box office (remember - a big opening weekend is now considered vital to a blockbuster movie's success), one of them will have to give in and move.
                                Last edited by newbaggy; 03-27-2014, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎