No announcement yet.

2013 KryptonSite Awards

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 KryptonSite Awards

We're doing the KryptonSite Awards again!

This year, it'll be honoring the best and worst of Season 11 comics so far.

I could use some help, though.

Does anyone have any suggestions or nominations in the following categories:

- Best Couple

- Best Surprise (list which "episode" it was in)

- Best Quote

- Best Villain

Thanks!!

For best couple obviously I have Clark & Lois, Chloe & Oliver, and Jeff & Bert. Haha.

Comment

I feel like a terrible SV fan for not keeping up with the comics. I think I did manage to get to where right before Batman shows up and I think I do have those digital comics that have Batman but just never read them. As good as the comics were though, it just hasn't been the same as the 10 years of SV for me. Maybe when I finish my SV rewatch I'll try and catch up with the comics.

Of what I read though, I did think the "Biggest Surprise" was seeing Tess.

Comment

Anyone else? Or do I have to go "HELP SUPERMAN!"

Comment

Best guest star?
          Best arc?

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
            For best couple obviously I have Clark & Lois, Chloe & Oliver, and Jeff & Bert. Haha.
            Booster & Skeets, of course.

Oh, and Lex & Otis.

Comment

T
              We're doing the KryptonSite Awards again!

This year, it'll be honoring the best and worst of Season 11 comics so far.

I could use some help, though.

Does anyone have any suggestions or nominations in the following categories:

- Best Couple

- Best Surprise (list which "episode" it was in)

- Best Quote

- Best Villain

Thanks!!
              Since you asked for help!

Best Action Scene:
              Ollie overtaking the helicopter; Clark's battle with Doomsday

Worst Interfernce from DC:
              Denying BQM access to Ollie/GA; BQM not being able to use Steph as Nigthwing because she's not "iconic" enough.

Most Disappointing:
              The lack of Ollie, causing the lack of Chloe and Chlollie to go along with it

Bart's supposed death

Lack of Lex being his arch nemesis best (the most compelling he's done is letting the rocket explode so he could entice SM for a face to face)

Seemingly more emphasis being put on guest appearances than SV's six main characters (though SM is very much present, his role comes across to me as more "supporting character" to the guests than anything else and Clark is rarely seen any more [the comic has been feeling more SM and guests than SV])

Favorite Artist:
              Man, my mind is going blank; can only think of Cat and George Perez for the time being

Favorite Cover (digital or print):
              Lex by himself on the digital; Chloe/E2 Chloe on the digital

Favorite guest hero:
              Bart, BM, NW, Booster Gold, Kara, Skeets, Lana (I suppose she's a hero in her own right now)

Favorite shout-out to show's canon:

Now, to respond to the original categories:

Couple:
              I only consider Chlollie and Clois as couples in the comic, the others are duos to me (Lex/Tess, Lex/Otis, BM/NW, MM/BM, SM/Bart, SM/SG, Booster/Skeets, etc)

Surprise:
              Chlollie's pregnancy being announced already in Haunted (though totally expected, I didn't think it would happen quite so soon)

E2's Chloe being the person in the spaceship (sorry, can't recall if what was the first, second, or third arc)

Quotes:
              From Haunted by Ollie - That's going to be one he** of a hot baby!

Ollie's snarky quote in Dectective when he got into the helicopter (again, sorry it's been awhile since i've read the comic and I've forgotten the exact quote)

Chloe announcing she's pregnant in Haunted

Chloe telling the police they should be thanking GA and when questioned who she was, she proclaimed I'm his wife!

Chloe to Ollie - They make really small bows and arrows, you know.

Ollie to Chloe - If you weren't already my wife, I'd marry you all over again!

Villian:
              Not sure since we're only going into the fifth arc

Worst:
              Having Chloe, Ollie, and Chlollie no longer playing a major part in the comic

Having Tess become WT again in the place of Chloe (sorry, nothing against Tess, but this will always rub me the wrong way)

As much as I LOVE Chlollie, having them cheat on E2 was too much for me; Clark Luthor killing all of those people and snapping Ollie's neck

I've no doubt there's more I could add; I'm really tired and getting forgetful.
              Last edited by AChloeChick; 07-07-2013, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Best guest star and Best Episode are of course going to be included. I don't need help with those It's just these other things that I wanted/needed some feedback on, and still do.

Thanks to everyone who's offered tips so far. (Although "Best Interference By DC" would get me smacked so hard by DC if they ever saw it... )

Comment

Best surprise for me would have to be seeing Tess' hologram. Doesn't make up for what happened in Finale, but it was nice to see her up and running at WatchTower again.

Worst surprise (if you can call it that) was Bart's "death".

Best quote has to be the toughest. With this being a comic, it feels like there's more dialogue compared to a tv show. So it's hard to remember the best. One that comes to mind was Lois' line about a certain part of her anatomy after Metallo shot her there.

If you make a "Where have you run off to?" category, Lex, Oliver and Chloe would be the main candidates.

Finally, another category could be "What you'd like to see more of". My obvious choice would be Earth 2. And I know it's destroyed and all, but they could always do a side story with flashbacks.

Comment

ACC, I love many of your choices. (But Chloe's pregnancy was announced at the end of 'Detective'.)

Thanks to everyone who's offered tips so far. (Although "Best Interference By DC" would get me smacked so hard by DC if they ever saw it... )
                    We don't have to call this category "Interference by DC". But I think this has to be included.

Comment

Since there aren't that many true couples, maybe you could add Best Duos to the list in addition to Best Couple. I definitely like Lex/Otis on that list. And Jeff/Bert.

And Villain? Maybe you leave Lex off an make it about all of the other guest villains?

And instead of Best Quote would it help to make it Best Panel? Or have both? And there were as many good comedic moments as action moments. First one to come to mind is Bart rescuing the pretty girl in Paris, leaving her and then running back to kiss her hand.

The first big surprise I remember was Lex putting the radiation tracker on Clark. The last was the the reappearance of Doomsday.

Comment

I LOVE the idea of Best Panel. I'm going to leave that one as a TBA and see if people can send some suggestions. That's so cool.

Comment

I've got to scan through them all, then I'll post some suggestions. I didn't have time to think that far this morning.

Comment

Best guest star and Best Episode are of course going to be included. I don't need help with those It's just these other things that I wanted/needed some feedback on, and still do.

If anyone needs to be smacked so hard, it's DC!

Looks like I got carried away with the categories, oops. What can I say, I've always been the type to enjoy essays instead of multiple choice or T/F questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Neverending Story
                              ACC, I love many of your choices. (But Chloe's pregnancy was announced at the end of 'Detective'.)

We don't have to call this category "Interference by DC". But I think this has to be included.
                              Thanks!

It would be nice if Chlollie's departure could be included. For me, it's the most disappointing of all things SVS11!

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎