No announcement yet.

I will not see Man of Steel on the big screen

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I will not see Man of Steel on the big screen

I just looked at this clip and instantly decided I will not see this movie on the big screen - I’ll just wait for the DVD release.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Why? Because I can’t stand the jerky handheld camera work! If I had to watch that on the big screen for two hours, I’d get nauseous.

What is with this new trend in Hollywood that it’s hip not to use a tripod or even a steadicam? Am I the only one who hates it?

I hate shaky cam. I know it is used to make the audience feel like they are there and are more part of the action, but I hate it. I also hate it when directors like Michael Bay shake the camera AND put us so close to the action that we don't even know what's going on. It's just this big cacophonous mess. We're meant to feel the tension in these moments. We're meant to feel the excitement, the urgency, closeness to the action. We're meant to experience it as a close observer in that moment. Whatever. It makes me dizzy and I feel like I'm being robbed of the opportunity to comprehend what is actually happening. I want the best vantage point possible to see and take in everything that's happening. I don't want to throw up. I want to observe.

That being said.........................

I was born in 1983. Since then, there have been exactly 0 good to great Superman movies released in theaters. If there exists the slightest chance that this movie is even decent - not great, but "good enough" - my butt will be in the theater June 14th to see it. And if it's great, I will probably see it twice that day. Shaky cam or not. There is simply nothing that will stop me from seeing my favorite fictional character ever rock it on the big screen.

To those that hate shaky cam that much... honestly, sit in the back. It's Superman. Go. See it. Enjoy it, if you can.

IT'S SUPERMAN!

That's how I feel.

Comment

I'm not a big fan either of the shaky cam but so far it look's pretty good and let me be honest that's one lame a** reason not to go and see a Superman movie.

Cloverfied if you saw that now that's shaky.
      Last edited by maasaloo; 06-05-2013, 10:49 AM.

Comment

I could care less about that. I will be seeing it next Thursday for sure.

Comment

I understand the dislike of the shaky cam, because of it I can't watch certain films, but what I just seen on that trailer i see on tv shows often and it doesn't do my head in like some of the shaky cam stuff (transformer movies). I don't think it seems to bad so far.

Comment

Walked out on Blair Witch the shakiest of all.. Felt lunch wanting to come back up.. I doubt this will be anywhere near as bad, and sitting in the back does help..

Comment

seen the clip. I don't see the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy

I was born in 1983. Since then, there have been exactly 0 good to great Superman movies released in theaters. If there exists the slightest chance that this movie is even decent - not great, but "good enough" - my butt will be in the theater June 14th to see it. And if it's great, I will probably see it twice that day. Shaky cam or not. There is simply nothing that will stop me from seeing my favorite fictional character ever rock it on the big screen.
                Maaan, that's a good point and kind of a downer because it's true. It's been 33 or 35 years, depending on how one feels about Superman II.

MoS please be good, please be good, please be good.

Comment

Alot of the movie is shot with one camera so I can understand how some people don't like the shaky camera (I'm not a fan) but since the other clips I've seen aren't that shaky I'm going to assume the whole movie is not like that. I saw this featurette and I think the movie is going to be good but I'm trying to keep my expectation manageable so that I'm not highly disappointed.

Comment

Since we're on the topic of camera work, no speed ramping shots in the movie. Like, zero. Kind of disappointing but there you go. Perhaps in spite Snyder decided to annoy people with shaky cam instead. But don't worry, I don't like shaky cam either but from what I've heard it's not a problem in MOS. It's mostly very subtle and never really an issue.

Comment

As far as I'm concerned NOTHING can ever be as bad a Blair Witch Project! That worthless POS film made me want to do a Stewie Griffin and drive to Hollywood and beat the holy hell out of the people who made that movie!

I mean my GOD I had to sit through the whole thing because of my wife... and I walked out of there SERIOUSLY wanting to harm those people!

So... having gotten that out of my system once again.... I doubt Snyder approached that level of crap in this film. I would think he's not THAT stupid. The studio would never have let him do that....

Right?

Comment

I heartily dislike the shaky cam style of filming. But that didn't stop me from watching and enjoying the BOURNE movies and a few others. I will be seeing MAN OF STEEL. My main problem with the film is director Zach Synder. I am not a fan of his past movies. But I will go see MAN OF STEEL.
                        Last edited by Fish1941; 06-11-2013, 02:07 PM.

Comment

I can totally understand where you are coming from. Shaky camera or zooming in too close or even for me some 3D movies make me sick to watch, and that has nothing to do with the story line either But, like has been mentioned earlier, if there is even a slight chance that this movie is as great as what we are all hoping it to be, I'm in. I'll just sit way in the back.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎