No announcement yet.

SUPERGIRL and HOMECOMING Official Re-Watch Thread, May 17, 2013

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
    You can probably guess my feelings on Harvest.
    I never get the hate for Harvest. To be perfectly honest it was one of my favorite Season 10 episodes. I just found it to be a nice change up from the norm. It just felt like a Season 1 kind of episode(basically a plot that was more standalone with minimal involvement in bigger storylines, plus we have lots of location shooting)
    Last edited by Supsfan; 05-18-2013, 01:12 PM.

Comment

• I fell asleep before 10:00pm and woke up after 1:00am, completely annoyed that I missed watching with you guys. I'll rewatch and share thoughts later.

For the record... haaaated Harvest. Hated. It.

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtgirlTexas
        I fell asleep before 10:00pm and woke up after 1:00am, completely annoyed that I missed watching with you guys. I'll rewatch and share thoughts later.

For the record... haaaated Harvest. Hated. It.
        You and me, Artgirl. You and me.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
          Why would they choose Greg Arkin to be the reformed freak? Clark did nothing to actually help him, he only stopped him. And last we saw he was split into a million cockroaches.
          Greg said that "Clark inspired him", right? That was what Lex used to say. The only way Greg could have been cured was by 33.1 - the cure Lex got from Dr. Knox. Lex used to eradicate the patients memories of the time of their infection (and the crimes they committed like killing their family and friends) - I guess that after Lex knew how he implanted some memories that would make the ex-freaks feel in dept to Clark. That is also why the whole school felt so positive to Clark even without knowing he has superpowers and saved people.

As far as we know Clark never inspired Greg. Certainly not while he was infected. So why would he say that sounding like Lex?

Comment

• To me Homecoming is pretty much the perfect episode. I think it has only one major flaw and that is connected to Lexmas.

I think both episodes would have worked better had the character fates been switched. Lex should have visited an all around happy future without anything going bad. He'd still abandon it at the end of the episode because of his character.

Likewise Clark's future should have been as dark as h*ll with the apocalypse coming and Lois being near death. Despite everything Clark still wouldn't waver from his path at the end of the episode. He'd face the future head high with Lois and in turn he'd change it from happening.

After Homecoming, everything Clark "faces" seems trivial since he's pretty much been given the "all clear" sign from Brainiac 5. His doubts and fears seem comical. "Woe is me and my happy ending with Lois, a perfect job and being a celebrated superhero".

Originally posted by Supsfan
            I never get the hate for Harvest. To be perfectly honest it was one of my favorite Season 10 episodes. I just found it to be a nice change up from the norm. It just felt like a Season 1 kind of episode(basically a plot that was more standalone with minimal involvement in bigger storylines, plus we have lots of location shooting)
            I think the episode would have worked a lot better if the villagers were under Darkseid's corruption. To me it would have been the perfect place to showcase how even the most humble and goodhearted people could turn sour because of the Anti-Life Equation.

Also Clark surviving blue kryptonite was bs and Lois giving the Pulp Fiction speech was hammy.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow

Likewise Clark's future should have been as dark as h*ll with the apocalypse coming and Lois being near death. Despite everything Clark still wouldn't waver from his path at the end of the episode. He'd face the future head high with Lois and in turn he'd change it from happening.

Lois giving the Pulp Fiction speech was hammy.
              They already did that with season 9's Pandora. Not that Smallville would never repeat itself, ...

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides..."

Comment

• Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
                I think the episode would have worked a lot better if the villagers were under Darkseid's corruption. To me it would have been the perfect place to showcase how even the most humble and goodhearted people could turn sour because of the Anti-Life Equation.

Also Clark surviving blue kryptonite was bs and Lois giving the Pulp Fiction speech was hammy.
                I generally don't take issue with standalone episodes, infact I find to often when the show tries to fit stuff into a bigger storyline it more often is a negative then positive so the fact it didn't tie into something bigger didn't bother me. As for the Blue Kryptonite yeah that is a tough one but i guess when you try to connect the dots you can either say heating the Blue K reduced it's effect or Clark did get burned but his ability to get healed quickly once the Blue K stopped touching his body kicked in. There probably should have been a better scene though of Clark recovering instead of making it instant

Comment

• Rewatching this on dvd damn good tv

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎