No announcement yet.

How can science beat magic?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can science beat magic?

I don't understand how Tamara is using science to beat magic?

Because the writer(s) decided it can.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
      Because the writer(s) decided it can.
      It was a bad choice, if you ask me. In a way, they're already contradicting themselves since it was Frankenstein (who relied on Science) that needed magic to complete his experiment.

Comment

Why cant superman see thru lead? they needed something that can make something powerful not as powerful. and who knows who created this science. think its like the ghostbusters. how can energy beams created by science suck up ghosts in a box.

magic is only magic till science can explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
          It was a bad choice, if you ask me. In a way, they're already contradicting themselves since it was Frankenstein (who relied on Science) that needed magic to complete his experiment.

Frankenstien tho maybe isnt that great of a scientist. as we have seen in different versions of Frankenstien is all his experiments were duds. He pieced together parts of dead people and wondered what would happen if electricty would go thru the body. Maybe Frankenstien found out about whoever created that Tazer and wanted to use electricty to create magic or maybe the person who created the Tazer used Frankenstiens research and made it better. Or maybe the electricty from the Tazer was taken from something magical. Like the power comes from Ursalas Eels or something.

Comment

NANOMACHINES!

I thought we were well past the whole reliance of the nanotechnology gimmick being used to explain stuff. :/ I rolled my eyes at that scene and I guess that means the "real world" is still more fantastical than ours.

Originally posted by superhippie2000
            Why cant superman see thru lead? they needed something that can make something powerful not as powerful. and who knows who created this science. think its like the ghostbusters. how can energy beams created by science suck up ghosts in a box.

magic is only magic till science can explain it.
            Because of its high density. :P http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lead_shielding Even though his X-Ray vision doesn't actually involve him shooting X-Rays out of his eyes.

Comment

some stuff will never make sense.

Comment

science can not beat magic not the fairy tale kind anyway. My guess is Tamara and Greg are using magic but do not know it. Whoever there boss is probably wants magic or has magic and wants to eliminate anyone else who does have it. There is boss is using them to do his/her bidding by giving them magical items but explaining them in a scientific way.

Comment

Don't underestimate the power of tropes and deus ex machina!

Comment

The same way paper can beat rock

Comment

Originally posted by super_j_man
                      The same way paper can beat rock
                      Actually, if you think about it, it makes sense paper can beat rock.

A rock would smash scissors, and scissors would cut paper.

But if a rock landed on paper, it wouldn't do anything...the paper would keep its form and could be wrapped around the rock (depending on its size). If you lifted a rock off paper, while it would be a bit dirty, it would still remain pretty unharmed.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎