Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated it? What did you think of "Pac-Man Fever"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus for all we know Chuck has returned and we just haven't seen that he's back. Maybe he's the 3rd test somehow.

Comment

Dull episode. I hope next weeks is better.

Comment

This episode was completely pointless. Shame to follow up a great episode like "Taxi Driver" with this one. I still don't understand why they have more episodes than the traditional 22 these days, it only hurts the show, if anything they should have less episodes. I would be more than fine with 13-16 episodes next season.

Comment

Did anyone else realize that in Pac Man Fever, Charlie mentioned that she'd read about the angels in the Supernatural books? But Chuck only ever published up to the end of book 3, right when Dean went to Hell. However, we do then later see the episode with the Supernatural convention and Chuck mentioning that "thanks to an investor" he is going to start publishing again, and he asked the crowd how they felt about angels. However, Sam and Dean also told him he's not allowed to publish anything anymore, or they'll put a cap in his ass. They could have been joking or whatever, or their relationship dynamic changed behind the scenes, where Chuck kept writing/publishing anyways, because at the end of Season 5 episode 22 "Swan Song" we see Chuck finishing the books up to the end of Season 5, but who published them? They were on his computer, and then he disappeared. And without an actual death in the world, or a corpse, there wouldn't be anyone filing a death and thus having Chuck's belongings inherited by whomever he left them to, where they could have then consequently published the work they found on his computer, but that all seems unlikely giving the fact he just disappeared. I find it hard to believe that he disappears, and someone STILL finds his computer and publishes the books with angels without him knowing it.

I know this is REALLY far fetch'd in a lot of ways, but I also think it makes a lot of sense to wonder about this. Could it be a clue that Chuck IS alive, and is out there writing and publishing? Or just another hole in the plot and an oversight? I keep finding examples of Jeremy Carver forgetting things from the past, because he wasn't the showrunner back then. While it's true he was quite involved and wrote a lot of episodes and directed some episodes, he wasn't close enough with the material to avoid making mistakes like this. I hate being teased with a genuine, real question like this one, that isn't imagined, but has evidence based on the show, but having no idea if it's a writer/production oversight or not?

Edit: My apologies, I hadn't read the entire thread before posting this, I see now that it was already mentioned, but I'm glad that I wasn't the only one that noticed it !
          Last edited by Sotaris; 04-27-2013, 06:51 AM.

Comment

While I was very disappointed when I heard there would be a filler episode this late in the season, after seeing it, it was quite enjoyable. Charlie really can make anything amazing. I really hope we see her more often. Based on her IMDB, she doesn't have anything coming up, so why not cast her in a few more episodes? Also, they did a great job mixing the story arch of this season within the filler episode. I hate when filler episodes make zero mentions of the season's primary story arch, as if suddenly all those problems have disappeared, or they don't care where Cas has disappeared off too, etc. But in this episode, at least we got to further the story arch of the season, despite it being a filler episode. We had a lot of talk about trials, Sam's health, etc. THAT is how every filler episode/monster of the week episode should be, there should be a mix of mythology from the primary season's story arch.

Comment

I thought this episode was rather uneven (it either bored me or enthralled me) but I liked it a lot overall.

Loved the callback to Chuck's books.

Dean dressed in 40's type dress again. Always nice to see.

Poor Sam. He's even worse off than before (though he did look awfully sexy!rumpled at the start there. ).

So MOL HQ is set up so that making or receiving calls is untrackable? Hmmm.

Hicks and Ripley. Love it! (Aliens, homage, of course.) And Charlie also did her badge show upside down like Cas did back in the day. Very cute!

Sam shows up, the boys fight, and Dean just leaves them there? Huh. But Sam stole Charlie's car so it's okay.

Loved Sam's jealousy of Charlie's toy (the computer).

Oh, silly Charlie! First lesson of being in the hunter's world--do not do stupid things like opening a door (at least without a weapon) upon hearing a strange noise! And I guessed right, it was the coroner as the djinn.

The whole bit with Dean finding Charlie's Mom and then Dean ganking the djinn and having to use African Dream root to get Charlie was good. Loved Sam punching Dean--twice! But poor Sam having to fight the kid alone (reminded me a bit of Amy and her child, though).

Dean in the dreamworld was one of the boring bits to me, except the Sam thing. And like Wargames (which they had referenced earlier in the ep. and even previously with Charlie), it seems the only way to win is not to play. Dean was right.

Poor Charlie though. I got misty with that stuff with her Mom. Though I don't understand why, now that she knows there are supernatural ways to help/cure/fix someone she didn't try something? I mean, she knows now that there are angels that can cure people, deals that can be made, etc. She didn't think to try that to get her Mom back? I just find that a little surprising.

Best moment of the ep, IMO-surprise bro!hug. And no one even died first! Sam looked so confused at first, it was just really sweet.

So uneven but had some good stuff. I'm just...surprised we got a filler ep so close to the finale.

Comment

Uh, Chuck disappears, then we get a Charlie. Hmmmmm.

....... Hmmmmmmmmm. Trans-gender-isation.

Also, some of her lines didn't work.

Comment

So apparently Jensen Ackles ad-libbed the lines about giving Sam a hair cut and then saying he had to get gas for the Impala, lol.

Comment

I love charlie. (She Knows) It's just a shame that sera and company will probably kill her off at some point. Lesbian gingers rock.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎