Collapse
No announcement yet.

#4.19 "Pictures Of You"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if anyone else thinks this but for me silas has been a major disappointment, I remember conversations about witches being the most powerful beings, how silas was one of the first, how he is the immortal witch who is all powerful, he was meant to be THE badass who has no equal

yet we get an old disfigured man who seemed to have had his ass whooped several times by what it seems like a vengeful ex who sits alone pretending to be people

Comment

Caroline being so excited for the prom, about picking out a dress earlier in the episode, etc, was so nauseating to watch, wow. Caroline said to Bonnie "I love Friend Prom! It's exactly what proms should be. Friends, and memories! Tee hee!" (Yes, because every prom should have blood-sucking abominations to Nature and to God in attendance -- it's exactly what proms should be! lol)

Caroline: "Yay, PROM! I'm a vampire and yet for some reason I'm acting EXACTLY the same way I would as if I was never turned into one! Yay! I find being a vampire so much fun it makes all the years we've had characters like Stefan whining about it seem completely absurd in every way! Yay! I let my own father die because it was his choice even though I find vampirism to be the BEST. THING. EVAR! Yay my dad's dead! And more importantly, YAY PROM!"

Anyway, other than the ongoing annoyance that is Caroline, I enjoyed the episode. Lots of funny dialogue and zingers.

Originally posted by Dexter
      Does no one care to point out the ridiculous reason for Silas' true form? The writers are saying that no woman could ever love a man that is physically unattractive, but rapists and mass murderers such as Damon and Klaus can have women as long as they are hot and throw enough temper tantrums until they get whatever they want.

I mean, who cares about logic? Am I right?
      Yup that's pretty much the moral of The Vampire Diaries in a nutshell. What's funny is that this episode actually addressed the underlying creepiness of characters like Damon hanging out with teenagers during this scene at the prom:

(Elena tries to take a drink from the flask)
      Damon: You are underage.
      Elena: You're over-age, and honestly, it's kinda creepy.
      Damon: Oh, come on. What badass senior's complete without a prom date that's slightly too old for high school?

Slightly of course being an understatement. But of course, they're just extremely old men on the inside, as we know it's what's on the outside that matters. heh
      Last edited by Xanderman; 04-24-2013, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎