Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Goodbye Stranger" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

its a spoiler that that character will appear later in the season and next season so it got put in spoiler tags even if it isn't known what exactly will go on with the character once they are here.

Comment

I am SO bummed about Meg I really like her and I loved the scene between her and Cas....very sad. I really think they should have had pizza......

Comment

what was the song at the end of the episode that played after the brothers got in the impala and cas got on the bus is sounded very familar but i couldnt quite think of who sung it or its name.

Comment

Good episode...Sad to see Meg go. Deleting my account now.. Peace!!!

Comment

Huh? Don't go....

Comment

Well..found out users cant delete account.They gotta be banned by mods. Ill reiterate my statement. Not posting in discussion thread any longer.Spoilers in spoiler section only from now on.

Comment

Is Meg seriously dead? ...well, props for making eight seasons... so much for Megstiel.

Comment

Originally posted by krpto
                  what was the song at the end of the episode that played after the brothers got in the impala and cas got on the bus is sounded very familar but i couldnt quite think of who sung it or its name.
                  Don't know, but it sounded like The Beach Boys so that's probably why it sounded familiar.

I'm bummed about Meg, she deserved a little more screen time before just re appearing and dying.

Comment

It was Supertramp, perfectly titled "Goodbye Stranger".

Weird to see that Castiel was on a bus when he's a freaking angel, but maybe by not using his powers, Naomi can't find him? That's all I got for that little scene of that one other angel walking into Naomi's office. I'm glad Castiel's connection to Naomi was broken, though, and I have a little hope that God had something to do with that interception.

Also, did anyone else find it oddly placed that once the commercials ended, we see Crowley inside Lucifer's crypt and Naomi was there too? The editing just seemed odd.

Sucks to see Meg die, but I loved the callbacks of her previous appearances, mostly from "Born Under A Bad Sign" and "Caged Heat".

Comment

I was also thinking it odd about the bus trip....was kinda hoping that when the camera panned back to see Cas, that Meg would be sitting next to him. I'm really hoping that Crowley didn't really kill her....I think Cas is probably on a personal quest, again for redemption, almost like a pilgrimage, to give Metatron the angel tablet.

So Naomi is some kind of demon? Or a new angel-demon combo? Obviously, Crowley and her go back a ways....

I am seriously thinking that fans of Megstiel (can't believe Dean said it ) need to send the CW and powers-that-be pizza menus and coupons for pizza (like fans did sending them feathers for Cas and spoons for Oliver/Chloe)....

Loved the callbacks too....loved the scenes with Meg and Sam....and of course the scene between Meg and Cas was very touching....

Cas and Dean....wow, always powerful when Cas starts beating him up. (Don't piss off the nerd angels)...."I need you...." no truer words, Dean.....

Loved this episode.....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
                        So Naomi is some kind of demon? Or a new angel-demon combo? Obviously, Crowley and her go back a ways....
                        it seemed to me they'd shared some kind of dalliance back in the ancient world when they were both lower in the ranks of heaven and hell, but that they were both in that tablet room as loyalists to their own species. Just each other's opposite number, not as cohorts? At first it sounded like they were in league somehow.... but maybe only in a spy vs. spy way? (as competitors for the tablet who knew each other and so fed each other misinformation along the way???)

So Naomi has strayed from the proper angel path in the past, which sheds some light on her current behavior. She seems to be tinkering with the factory settings of other angels now. Like her own personal journey has led her to believe she knows better than the factory settings and is trying to shore up heaven's defenses by bringing others around to seeing things her way??? She says she fixed Cass, but Dean thought the tablet was what fixed Cass by returning him to factory settings. So maybe Naomi was applying added security patch updates to Castiel? (Honestly, he's caused so much trouble for heaven I'd have tried to rein him in mentally too, or worse. It just seems prudent). She thought she was giving him what he needed for the good of heaven, and to further her best interests. --> It comes down to ambition on Naomi's part. That's why she'd be "improving" upon angels (making them into her thralls by taking advantage of their programming). That's why she'd have joined in a revelry with demons in Mesopotamia. To gain insight into how the other side does things, to learn new tricks for future use, etc. Ambition beyond that of a standard angel.

Speaking of which.... how did she learn her angel mechanic skills in the first place? Lucifer is said to have had the tablet. Did she earn Lucifer's confidence somehow, spending some time undercover as a fallen angel? (Or not so undercover). Or is she self-taught and just good at figuring out how stuff works on her own? (explaining her opportunistic rise to power in heaven and her skills with rewiring angels). In that case, she'd want to study the angel tablet (for the first time) to get her master's degree in angel modification, after putting herself through night school to earn her diploma. For a second I was thinking that scene was proof that Naomi wasn't a true angel, but the way it turned out made me think they were both there in that room as the KGB head of each of their respective realms.
                        Last edited by InactiveUserID; 03-21-2013, 10:29 AM.

Comment

What I don't get is the timing of their so-called "history".....Crowley worked himself up the demon ranks to King of Hell status from Fergus wanting a ah-hem, a few extra inches...he died in Scotland in I think the 18th Century? The mention of Mesopotamia doesn't fit the timeline.

Comment

I really hope that Meg is alive or at least comes back to life. She is my favorite character. I want her to be queen of hell when Sam and Dean close the gates.

Comment

why did Dean want Kevin to read the angel tablet? :s

Comment

I think at that point, Dean was probably stalling because Cas was so intent on the tablet. Dean would also expect that because Kevin is the current Prophet, that's where the tablet belonged.....

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎