Collapse
No announcement yet.

Once Upon A Time In Wonderland - Original KSiteTV Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spin-offs usually have characters and/or actors who appeared on the original, right from the start. Perhaps this is a delayed spin-off. ( (I know OUAT ventured to Wonderland, but, still).

Is the actor who played the Mad Hatter going to appear?
    Last edited by Resistance84; 05-14-2013, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Resistance84
      Spin-offs usually have characters and/or actors who appeared on the original, right from the start. Perhaps this is a delayed spin-off.
      Ya Im thinking its more of a prequal series then a sequal series. Seems like the Wonderland we saw in Once has some similar sceneray to this Wonderland but perhaps it takes place way back to when Rumple was not the dark one or soon after. Just looks like everyone in the real world scenes were dressed like everyone was in the Neverlan scenes with old england. Im sure perhaps at some point Rumple might pop in since we know that he knows about Wonderland. But other then him we probably wont see Cora or Jefferson. Cora when pushed into the mirror could have killed the previous Red Queen to take her thrown and Jefferson who knows maybe he was the original Hatters apprentice or something. But ya other then Rumple and maybe Hook (since pirates were mentioned) i dont think anyone else will show up that we have already met.

Comment

Cora wasn't the Red Queen was she? She was just the Queen of Hearts. In Carroll's original books the two are different characters (the former in Looking-Glass and the latter in Wonderland) though adaptations often combine them into one person. Seems here they have decided to make them separate characters.

Comment

Thanks Supperhippie2000

The only concern I have about the series is that Thursday curse. It should be placed on Sunday on the main series time during the hiatus .
          Last edited by darkphoenix21; 05-14-2013, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Yeah I thought the idea was for this to bridge the gap between the fall finale and spring premiere of OUAT. I thought that would have been cool. Seems they have changed their mind though. Maybe it's coz of the Winter Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by Exedore
              Cora wasn't the Red Queen was she? She was just the Queen of Hearts. In Carroll's original books the two are different characters (the former in Looking-Glass and the latter in Wonderland) though adaptations often combine them into one person. Seems here they have decided to make them separate characters.
              Didnt know that so seems likely. Wasnt that the way it was in that 80s tv movie? Like each queen was a different suit right? Heart Diamond Spade and Clover? Althought only the Queen of hearts was named. And who was the white queens sister supposed to be? was that the red queen or queen of hearts?

I wonder if they will have a jabawocky. Jack mentioned she slayed one once.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                Thanks Supperhippie2000

The only concern I have about the series is that Thursday curse. It should be pleased on Sunday on the main series time during the hiatus .

No Problem

Thats what i was wondering to. Thought it was going to be on Onces time slot but i guess they decided to make it a real series if even half season. For me it only goes up agianst Big Bang Theory and Community but Communitu is half season if it gets picked up so probably no conflict there. Atleast its not up agianst Person of Interest.

Comment

I was so totally not expecting the shows to run concurrently, but I like the move because it says that this show is gonna be a lot bigger and longer than we were initially expecting it to be and because it shows that ABC believes in it in a big way.

I'm not worried about the competition because I honestly think it'll attract a much different audience than BBT and Community.
                  Last edited by DigificWriter; 05-14-2013, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Yup. On FB the other day they were saying they plan for it to be more then 1 season. Every year theres one network that has the best new series and this year it seems to be ABCs turn.

Comment

Here are pics and the trailer, in one place:

(Jeff, send people to KSiteTV, not the Once Facebook page :P)

Comment

Looks like a crossover will happen sooner than later

You had to figure ABC’s Once Upon a Time and its eagerly anticipated upcoming spinoff Once Upon a Time in Wonderland would cross their creative streams at some point.

But you’re not going to have to wait long for elements of one show to appear into the other.

Get this: The first episode of Wonderland currently starts in Storybrooke. We’re sworn to secrecy on details beyond that. But let’s just say that while the two shows will maintain clear and separate identities (it’s important to ABC and the showrunners that Wonderland can stand-alone with its own easily accessible story) this won’t be the last time the world Once Upon mingles over to Thursdays at 8 p.m.
                        http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/15/on...ss-wonderland/

Comment

So I guess at least one of the OUATIW characters is in Storybrooke and the show basically is him/her telling the story to someone or remembering it or something like that. It's all a flashback.

Comment

Well from the trailer I got impression that Alice fell in love with Cyrus in her initial visit to Wonderland (that lasted who knows how long), than she lost him (we see all this in flashbacks). She than returns to the real world telling everyone about her adventures. They think she's nuts, she gets committed to the looney bin. The white rabbit and knave of hearts rescue her and together they set out on a new adventure to find Cyrus back in Wonderland. So just like in the main series we'll go back and forth from flashbacks to the present. They have played with time in the main series so hopefully that something they do here.

And we know that Jefferson/Mad Hatter is in Storybrooke somewhere in offscreensville so may be he's be the connection to the pilot starting in town.
                            Last edited by darkphoenix21; 05-15-2013, 10:51 PM.

Comment

Maybe it will be someone reading Alice's journal where she talks about she narrated her adventures to Lewis Carroll. And within the narration we see her discussions with the doctors and from there we get to the real flashback.

Comment

Looks better than I expected it to be, as I thought it was originally just going to be a summer companion for the main series.

Going to be interesting to see how it works out given that change.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎