No announcement yet.

Black Canary?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Canary?

Small thing that I picked up on in the latest episode with the scene in which Sarah is seen in a photo with a canary and there is a brief discussion about it. Since she died off-screen, might we see a possibility of Sarah having not died on the Queen's Gambit and be returning to the series at some point as Black Canary, obviously a pretty big character in the DC Green Arrow universe who we'd expect to encounter at some point, and this small reference rang alarm bells for me and prompted me to find and post in this forum. Thoughts?

^Yeah I agree with you.

Comment

Arrow12's point, I agree with and does make sense.

Could Sarah have the powers of the Black Canary and that's how she survived, but never take on the role as Black Canary.

Comment

I was thinking Sarah would come on as the Canary because the bird in the picture was Sarah's. (If Sarah is alive, where has she been for 5 years?) But I do think Laural will eventually take over that role. I don't think the show is ready to go there with Laurel and I don't think Laurel is thinking that way yet. maybe sarah dies or her mother dies or something major happens in the story line that leads Laural to take over at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
          I was thinking Sarah would come on as the Canary because the bird in the picture was Sarah's. (If Sarah is alive, where has she been for 5 years?) But I do think Laural will eventually take over that role. I don't think the show is ready to go there with Laurel and I don't think Laurel is thinking that way yet. maybe sarah dies or her mother dies or something major happens in the story line that leads Laural to take over at some point.
          That is also what I'm thinking Something happens to Sarah or Dinah and then Laurel will take up the mantle of Black Canary.

Comment

There are so many ways we can go with this. As for now its hard to tell.

Comment

When the series started, I tholught Tommy would be the Dark Archer at some point, with his relationship to Oliver paralleling Clark and Lex over in Smallville. But it turned out I was wrong, it's Tommy's dad.

Yep, we've all assumed Laurel would become Black Canary at some point. But maybe, here in this universe, it's her sister.

Comment

I don't think Sarah is Black Canary for two reasons:
                *First thought is that Sarah could be White Canary. There was a storyline that for a time Dinah Laurel Lance posed as White Canary and could not be Black for a reason. I think when she was White Canary she was part of Checkmate for that time. I am not saying that Checkmate will appear on Arrow but they can create a version of White Canary for the show.

*Second thought is that Dinah Drake Lance could still be Black Canary. How else would she get the intel or imformation that Sarah might be alive. I guess we will find out more when the show return on March 20th.
                Or
                *I could be totally wrong and Sarah could be Black Canary right now. Something happens when she returns and dies and Laurel takes over in her honor. In the shows twist it could be her.

*Also I know in the New 52 universe they have gone back to Dinah Drake Lance being Black Canary. In Team 7 comics she went by Dinah Drake but as part of Birds of Prey comics she goes by Dinah Lance. Since the New 52 have gone back to roots of the heroes.
                Last edited by snookie16; 03-01-2013, 07:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RightWingConspirator
                  When the series started, I tholught Tommy would be the Dark Archer at some point, with his relationship to Oliver paralleling Clark and Lex over in Smallville. But it turned out I was wrong, it's Tommy's dad.
                  I can see Arrow doing a Norman/Harry Osborn(ie Green Goblin from Spiderman) thing with Tommy and his Dad

Comment

Not touching the Dark Archer bit because I would hate to see Barrowman go. Sameway I won't touch speedy. But the thing I found fascinating was the picture. Carnaries in general are yellow, but the one in the picture was black. We hear of albino cows, buffalo, etc. , but they are usually white. So was that carnary from the somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Arrow12
                      White Canary was actually a real villain, the irony, who appeared in Birds of prey. She was reaveled to be lone sister of the brothers silk a group of Chinese assassin villains who fought Birds of Prey.
                      The Dinah in new 52 is sort of a Dinah Drake and Dinah Laurel hybrid, a mix of the two. She is her own version really different from either of the previous two.

I was quite speculating too, maybe Sarah will come back as White canary lol. If she is even alive at all. Its all pure speculation really, we will have to wait to see whether she really is alive and if she will come back as anything, or just herself.
                      *Glad I was not the only one thinking White Canary when it comes to Sarah. Oh the irony if it comes out that way. Thanks for clearing up the information of White Canary.

*Oh I would say that Black Canary in the New 52 is a mix in Modern Age terms. Also really if you look back it still is just Dinah Drake Lance but this time she not from Earth-Two pre New 52 but a mixture of Golden & Silver age version. Even her costume for Black Canary is similar to those tim
                      Last edited by snookie16; 03-03-2013, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Good job

I agree with you...................

Comment

Originally posted by Jones15
                          Arrow12's point, I agree with and does make sense.

Could Sarah have the powers of the Black Canary and that's how she survived, but never take on the role as Black Canary.
                          The show's producers actually commented on (super)powers very early in the time of production. They said: no superpowers in the show.

That rules out the powers of the Black Canary and also The Flash showing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Angui
                            The show's producers actually commented on (super)powers very early in the time of production. They said: no superpowers in the show.

That rules out the powers of the Black Canary and also The Flash showing up.
                            I think they could easily get away with having Black Canary or the Flash show up briefly, and not violate that though. Because Green Arrow, like Bruce Wayne, has no actual "powers" -- he's an athletic rich boy with daddy issues. Now I love the show, and Arnell is playing Oliver perfectly, but Green Arrow doesn't have powers - he has toys. (And we haven't seen any trick arrows, just normal archery. Tho' I spotted a goof in his fight with Helena in "Huntress Returns"). However, they could still have Barry Allen or Wally West show up without powers, that is, without a suit and using their powers. Or, The Flash could arrive for one episode then leave.

And I can't see how they can continue Arrow for long without somehow introducing Black Canary. Maybe not in first season, but at some point. Besides - they are dropping hints like crazy, and have since day one.

Personally, I'd love to see Bruce Wayne show up at some point. Not as Batman, but just as Bruce. He and Ollie had a very strange and strained relationship in the comics & graphic novels.

--GG

Comment

Great call on this!!'

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍