Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Dead To Rights?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved this episode: There is a lot to process with this episode and also Geoff Johns is amazing.

The many references to the comics two stood out to me:
    *Bludhaven aptments was a nice shot I know Nightwing lives there and if I am not mistaken there was time that Dinah Laurel Lance lived there for a time before the New 52 phase.
    *The story of the Back Canary that Laurel shared. The reference was great because it was a gift from father to daughter Laurel was annoyed by it but it was foreshadowing that Laurel will eventually become Black Canary.

Elements of the show that stood out to me:
    *Felicity started to train to fight to defend herself. I know alot of people want to Felicity to stay in an Oracle type role but I want to see her a little more different. Besides with Oracle she was Batgirl before she became Oracle and if I am not mistaken Oracle still wanted to fight for a time. Now I am not saying that Felicity havean accident like Barbra did but it would be nice to she more as her backstory develops.
    *Tommy had a lot of development in the episode too. We saw Oliver persaude Tommy to fix his relationship with his father Malcolm. Tommy became more understanding of why his father disappeared. It was nice to see both people become more open. Then his relationship with Oliver is tested with Oliver telling him that he is the vigilante. In the end Tommy asking Oliver if he was going to tell him but Oliver said no Tommy got his answer. Tommy will continue to protect Oliver but not be as accepting of what Oliver does of the vigilante. No this part came no surprise to me because I was always suspicious of Tommy. Second I am pretty sure that Malcolm was going to tell Tommy who he really is but they kept getting interupted. We do get more of his story and why he could fight and kill. I do believe that Malcolm will be gone by the end of the season or in the future if not.
    *Laurel had great developments in the episode too. Now that we see Laurel and her father on outs after the stunt he pulled. We see the mother trying to contact her in hope of reuntiting the family. It nice to see Laurel being civil toward Oliver too. Also it will be interesting too see how Laurel reacts to the possibility that Sarah (yes I looked it up that the name is spelled with an at the end) might be alive. I so called it because there was no mention of a body recoved to confirm she is dead. I am think the mother Dinah Lance either found her after her body washed ashore somwhere or she got some intel being the Black Canary. That will be mentioned in the next episode when things come to light.
    *Oliver relationships were tested. This new relationship with McKenna is interesting and it will eventually become harder as he keeps his secret of being the vigilante. Also McKenna does seem a little hesitant trying to catch the vigilante. Also his relationship with Tommy and he see how much hurt Tommy has after Oliver told him and feels he may have lost the friendship. In the underlying friendship with Felicity it seeks she has gotten to him being more of a hero than a killer.
    --There is many more that comes with this episode but this is what stood out to me the most. A good game changer episode that sets the tone for the rest of the season.--10/10

Comment

10!

I am unlearned in the comics...but I thought Malcom mentioned a League Of Shadows place...like from Batman...but that doesn't seem to be the case???

Felicity learning how to fight was so cute and she had her foot in the mouth moment about Diggle. Cannot wait till MAR 20th!!!

Comment

Stephen Amell chinese sucks hahahaha (no offense) . couldn't understand a single word he said in chinese

Comment

LMAO, since so much Smallville talk, why not have two Dark Archers? One who protects Arrow (barrowman who ends up presumed dead) and Tommy, vengeful for his dad's death? Just let them tell the story guys .

Comment

as for the oracle and batgirl thing... Unless Slade turns into a volleyball and then becomes superboy to teach Oliver archery, get over it. This is a grounded (or semi-grounded) show. After all this is Starling City, the Star city...., not to be confused with Star City. And Felicity was with Firestorm, not Green Arrow, so why not cry about that?

Seriously, there was no Chloe in Superman, but she made it work in Smallville. So let the writers do there thing. I am sure Lenord & Shelton will debate this on the Big Bang Theory, so get over it.

Comment

I'm new to the forum and have just been reading what everyone's been saying about this week's episode, which I watched this afternoon.

I'm totally new to the Green Arrow fandom, too, so unaware of the significance of all the comic references - but I agree with everyone that this was an awesome episode, with a heck of a lot going on.

I wonder, though - and this is something that others have already touched on - if the show is moving too fast. Having Felicity find out Oliver's identity made sense, and I love the fact that she is officially now part of the team, but following that almost immediately with Tommy finding out, too, felt a bit rushed.

There's so much going on already, what with the island backstory, the various villains that are becoming regulars, and now Laurel's mother showing up - and it's only episode sixteen?

It feels as if the creators are maybe trying to cram too much in, to keep the audience's interest and stave off cancellation. Don't get me wrong - fast-paced can be good, and I love the excitement of the show. I'm just wondering if they're going to be able to maintain it...

What do other people think?

Alo

Comment

I'm not sure if it is moving too fast it might be realistic of having more people know Ollie's secret he is going to slip up so it makes sense that he is still slipping up in the first season. 3 people that know still isn't a lot of people when you think about it; I also don't think it might be going too fast because DC Universe is huge they have a lot of stuff they could still cover then in the future still leave it open to bring in other characters from across the DC Universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaltor
                  . After all this is Starling City, the Star city...., not to be confused with Star City. And Felicity was with Firestorm, not Green Arrow, so why not cry about that?
                  No, she married the father of the hero, Ed Raymond. Ronnie Raymond, who is half of firestorm is his teenage son.

Felicity is not Oracle just fulfils a similar tech role as Barbara Gordon, she doesn't need to wind up in a wheelchair or be in costume as she did. Two different characters. Yes the show will use her accordingly to how they see fit in the series.

People wanting Red Arrow, way..... to early. Just stick with Roy being a punk kid for now.
                  Definately not too soon but not too late either. The show moves at a fast pace, and if he gets left behind for long. The character will have trouble being liked.
                  Last edited by Arrow12; 03-03-2013, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Firstly not surprised Geoff Johns wrote this cause it was freaking EPIC.

It started with the best opening of the series yet, straight away a superb fight scene and he bloody kills the guy too... AWESOME! (As you can probably tell I'm a bit hyper tonight).

I love how they've used China White on this show, she's aways been in the background, good to see a consistent villain much like Malcolm Merlyn.

I'm loving the dynamic of Oliver's team, I'm a huge fan if Dig and I love Felicity , I'm loving her Oracle role.

I loved the interrogation scene in the Chinese restaurant. Infact this whole episode was a brilliant detective story, very very well done.

I also want to add that Deadshot looked way cooler in this episode than his previous appearance.

The final act if this episode was incredible, Malcolm and Tommys escape, Arrow vs China White, Oliver revealing the secret to Tommy OMG and everything else. Just freaking wow. I tell you Tommy becoming Merlyn over time is definitely gonna happen the more this show goes on. I can see it been a Green Goblin situation. It's also kind of ironic Oliver saving Malcolm's life after he kicked the snot out of him this season.

The ending Sarah may be alive WOW!

Lastly, I'm pretty sure now that my Malcolm been on the island theory is true.

10 out of 10

Comment

Umm is anyone else thrown off by the magical blood transfusion? I mean if the poison spreads that fast then there's no way that would that even work. And why would it immediately make him conscience again? Just seemed like unnecessary dramatic tension.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo-Kilo
                        Umm is anyone else thrown off by the magical blood transfusion? I mean if the poison spreads that fast then there's no way that would that even work. And why would it immediately make him conscience again? Just seemed like unnecessary dramatic tension.
                        Honestly, I think This was just to build up Drama, or it could of been possible that Tommy's father outsmarted Martha and he wasn't really poisoned, well we won't know for awhile at least, i wouldn't doubt Tommy's father to be that smart to go over Martha's head. Doubt they would do something so complicated like this though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bravo-Kilo
                          Was he conscious immediately after the transfusion? I thought he didn't wake up until he was at the hospital or when the EMT could stabilize him.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎