Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Trust But Verify?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very good episode. It felt like every character had something meaningful to do and the island scenes were top notch.

Also, we got Ben "Crichton" Browder as a guest star. Shame they had to kill off his character so quickly though. As a Farscape / Stargate SG1 fan, I was hoping he'd get a recurring role.

Comment

Great episode! One of the best of the season. A 9.8 outta 10 for me.

Comment

It surprised me in some parts that I wouldn't think of. 10/10

Comment

What I don't get is: If Fao was double-crossing Ollie from the start, why go through all this charade?

Why didn't they catch Ollie and be done with it? Why all the fuss of torture and escape?

Comment

I think fao was coerced or set up to look like he betrayed ollie. More then likely its "step one of trying to break ollies spirit" of the plan dude (can't remember his name for the life of me right now)has. There is a lot more going on then we have seen so far on that island. It's only a matter of time before we get answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue screen of death
              There is a lot more going on then we have seen so far on that island. It's only a matter of time before we get answers.
              Let's hope so, because I distinctly remember an island where we never got any friggin' answer.

Comment

Really loved this episode, thought last weeks was ok but not quite as good as the others. The twist at the end was really unexpected, felt like screaming at the tv because it was over. Been thinking about the island, Ollie said early in the episode that he received a message from his father with details about the list which could mean Robert Queen was planning for this. Knowing the people he was working with/for and knowing that they would kill him maybe he managed to set something up with Fyers and Fei to train Ollie and everything thats happened on the island has been a test, he still needs to learn how to shoot a bow and arrow and so far the expert on the island is Fei. Wouldnt surprise if it turned out it was him that trained Merlyn as well, because he disappeared for a year after his wifes death probably to train.

Comment

There are too many things in the series that seem "forced". In this episode, one of the soldiers dies so Oliver was able to get clothing, weapons, and a map. Then, when he shows up at the camp, everything for the betrayal and capture is exactly in place.

Comment

A great episode!
                    Loved the Merlyn scenes. Barrowman is really coming into his own.
                    Trying to figure out that island betrayal scene; maybe Fao was drugged or broken???
                    And nice to see another sci-fi actor on the show (Browder). And glad that Ollie (not Digg) killed him!
                    Enjoyed the conflict between Ollie & Digg; that should happen occasionally.
                    Jim

Comment

10!

Feel bad for Felicity...she didn't get her wine.

Comment

Loved this episode! One of the best so far.

"Trust but verify" is what the theme of this episode boils down to. I liked how they played around with this premise with nearly every group of characters we saw onscreen from Ollie-Diggle to Tommy-Malcom. The cliffhanger, which was awesome (can't wait how they'll explain that one!) was also a great way to bookend the episode.

Diggle ruled in this episode and I liked how Blackhawks were connected to his character even though the group differed from the comic books. The say hello to my little friend- moment with Diggle and the grenade launcher was classic! "I'm the one with the grenade launcher!" I also liked how Ollie used a trash can lid to block a shot from that thing earlier on. It, and taking out one hijacker so Diggle was needed to join the cause were excellent ways to tell a story and use the different set pieces. Loved it.

And speaking of using set pieces it was awesome how Thea's car actually became a plot point at the end of the episode. The show usually doesn't go this far with it's script. I wish every episode was like this. And bringing in the drug angle and the use of Vertigo. Ingenious!

We've seen bits of Tommy's character arc but this episode really sold it to me. Even Malcom's character got some depth. Laurel was supportive as a person and a character type, liked her again.

Comment

What an epic episode, I can't see I didn't see the twist coming but the reveal was still good. Still the island flashback twist did shock me. It's funny I'd actually jokingly entertained that the Chinese guy in the balaclava Yao Fei.

The action (as always in this show) was fantastic, the opening where the Blackhawks raided the armoured truck was superb and the Arrow vs Blackhawks shoot out was superb. The finale was brilliant, Arrow vs Knox was sweet and I loved when Arrow killed Diggle's mate (this was one episode where killing the bad guy seemed really right for once).

Once again the flashbacks were intense, I really wish I could see even more of them but I guess I have to be patient.

Loved seeing a brief glimpse of Merlyn's lair, guess with Tommy mentioning his Dad been away for years is when he did his training. Speaking of Barrowman , he continues to impress me on this show. He's very much a cold hearted bastard, I think Lionel Luther has some serious competition.

I loved how they mentioned Vertigo, was a nice lead in for next weeks episode.

I'd have given it a high 9.5 but seen as though we don't have that option ill just give it a 10.

Comment

It seems Malcolm is becoming less like Lionel Luthor and more like Ra's Al Ghul from Batman Begins, or maybe an evil version of Batman. If he became the Dark Archer to avenge the murder of his wife, how'd he end up becoming a villain instead of a hero.

As for Yao Fei's betrayal, I have a theory: The Queen's Gambit sabotuer was one of the crewman (the one that Robert killed on the raft). Tempest figured that Robert had hidden the evidence he had gathered on them in encrypted ciphers that not even Moira knew about, they couldn't kill him until they had acquired codes which could break this encryption. But after months of dilligent espionage, the saboteur had acquired these codes. He had sabotaged the boat that close to Lian Yu because his escape plan was to use the raft to get to the island, where Fyers and his troops were supposed to pick him up, he would then fork over the codes. This is why the raft only had enough food and water for one person. The sabotuer didn't count on Robert surviving and killing him. The mercs quickly realize that their contact, and by extension his codes, did not make it, so they improvise, operating under the assumption that Oliver would have a viable substitute.

Kindof like the subterfuge the Templars pulled on Desmond in Assassin's Creed, where they had Lucy help him escape to earn his trust.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎