Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Torn and Frayed?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Torn and Frayed?

what did you think?
    10 - Great
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bad
    0%

Amelia deserved to die for being a complete waste of screen time, but whatever, at least she is gone.

Benny needs to come back though.

Comment

Forgot that when we come back from break like that we get a 'Road So Far" montage. The song choice was a bit odd, I thought, but the clips worked well.

Yay, another Jess reference! If there's one thing I've loved under Carver's run, it's been the the continuity of references from the past.

Cas randomly healing the baby and Dean and his Asian beauties on his laptop was all very cute stuff!

The burning bush thing. How very, very biblical.

And look, the Impala but Castiel riding shotgun? That's just wrong!

Dean as a press guy. Been a while since they were other than FBI. That was nice to see.

When I saw Sam laying in that bed and we saw bare shoulder I thought to myself 'will we see shirtless!Sam?' And we did and I gave a little shout of joy. Ah, the spirit of Sera lives on...!

Sam returns and he's riding shotgun, as it should be. And angel blades can kill demons too? Why did Cas wait til now to tell them that?! (Anyone notice that now Sam's blade is bigger than Dean's? I half waited for a joke about that.) Also I loved that even mad at each other, they make a good team. Very smooth.

So Naomi 'Clockwork Orange'ed Castiel, eh? Explains a lot. And Naomi and the new 'top forces' of Heaven are controlling the angels, eh? Ah, did they learn nothing from oh, Michael, Raphael and Godstiel?!

The angel tablet. That bit was a bit of a 'duh' moment, IMO. If there's a demon tablet and a leviathan tablet (and I believe it was mentioned there were others?) then it stands to reason there would be an angel tablet. So Crowley's big moment of surprise? Was only surprising to me that he was surprised (heh).

Guarding against Cas--which Sam negated when he 'went for a walk' right?--and finally they seem to figuring out something is hinky with their angel buddy.

Dean's comment about both feet in was nice to hear. I think he took his own advice when he called Benny but I still felt it was a bit OOC for him. I mean, he spent so much time saying he'd stand by him and making such a big deal out of it. It seemed like an abrupt about face, to me, that he suddenly decided not to be Benny's buddy anymore. (Also, anyone else think this will lead to bad things for Benny?)

And Sam seems to have chosen Dean over Amelia. While I'm happy about that (about time, Sam!), after all his bellyaching before it seems a bit odd. Also, did Sam (our moralistic Sam) actually sleep with a married woman who is back together with her husband? *sideeyes the writers*

I liked the ending, the feel of 'the boys are back together' and yet I feel there is lingering tension between them and I really want it resolved and for them to be friends again. Like their problems have only been papered over (as it were) and nothing truly got resolved between them. But then, that's the Winchester way, it seems.

So yeah, good episode, though the only thing we really learned was a bit more about Heaven/Naomi and their interests/plans.

Oh and those torture scenes with Alfie? Those were very uncomfortable to watch. I mean, I know they were supposed to be but this was worse than usual, IMO.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing about Sam sleeping with a married woman. I hope this isn’t the last we see of Benny. There was no resolution or payoff. He might be back, Idk. I’ve always wondered if angel blades could kill demons too, so I’m glad we now know. Crowley can use sigils to weaken angel’s powers? It explains how Crowley kept Alfie bound without holy fire. The fact that angels have “factory settings” is interesting. It’s a clever way to get information out of them since they normally wouldn’t crack under torture.

Comment

Oh and those torture scenes with Alfie? Those were very uncomfortable to watch. I mean, I know they were supposed to be but this was worse than usual, IMO.
          I think you're right. I even looked away during these torture scenes and normally I never had to do this in Supernatural episodes. I hope this one was an exception and it won't become usual. Supernatural doesn't need it !!!

I understand the "deal" between Dean and Sam that both of them had to let go of the people, who distract them of doing what they can best but neverthless it surprises me that Dean just rebuffed Benny the way he did.
          The last couple of episodes he has always fought very hard to defend their relationship and called him "brother" ( I've always hated that) and now he just let him down ????

I'm pretty sure we will see Benny again anyway. Personally I don't like him and want him to die, maybe at the end of the season while he trys to save Dean or something like that.

So there we have an angel tablet too. Hmm... Of course neither of the tablets ( not the angel one nor demon tablet) will be "triggered" (just try to imagine a Supernatural world without angels and demons! horrible!!! ) so I find the development about Naomi and the "angel setting system" quite more interessting.

Hopefully we will learn more about this in the next ep.

Comment

Originally posted by stovers
            I was thinking the same thing about Sam sleeping with a married woman.
            Ah, I'm glad I wasn't the only one then!

Originally posted by LuthorLady
            I think you're right. I even looked away during these torture scenes and normally I never had to do this in Supernatural episodes.
            I've seen quite a few people comment that they had a hard time watching those scenes. I, too, hope it doesn't become the usual (even Crowley's previous torture scenes haven't been that bad before!).

it surprises me that Dean just rebuffed Benny the way he did.The last couple of episodes he has always fought very hard to defend their relationship and called him "brother" ( I've always hated that) and now he just let him down ???
            This. While I understand Dean taking his own advice (both feet in) he's spent so much time defending Benny and everything for him to suddenly drop him like a hot potato seems OOC. (and I've always hated Benny and Dean calling each other 'brother' too. It makes me want to shout at my TV--"Dean already has a brother, his name is Sam!" )

Comment

I've always hated Benny and Dean calling each other 'brother' too. It makes me want to shout at my TV--"Dean already has a brother, his name is Sam!"
              I have to admit I actually did this one time I guess Supernatural can turn us into freaks some times

Comment

I think almost everyone has yelled out something to their TV at one point or another (I know I have)--whether it's SPN or not (guys do it all the time with football and other games).

Comment

I hated the Amelia scenes. She just can't act and she has zero chemistry with Sam. He should just marry Lucifer or something...

Poor baby Samandriel. I was so rooting for him to be saved. And now it's been implied he was tortured by Naomi even before we meet him. Not to mention a lot of other angels, probably everyone since most of those who remain were on Cas' side in the war... just horrible. That kid really needed a hug. Spent most of the day crying after this.

The only thing that was really funny was Crowley's Dramatic Zoom Of Doom. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Stannis
                    The only thing that was really funny was Crowley's Dramatic Zoom Of Doom. Seriously, who thought that was a good idea?
                    Great name for it. And yes, it fell really flat because it seemed like everyone knew that there would be an angel tablet (I have yet to run across a single person who was surprised by that reveal). So for Crowley to be that shocked? Doesn't really work for most fans.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎