Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark Universe a.k.a. Justice League Dark movie

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

If not Justice League Dark then maybe Seven Soldiers of Victory or Demon Knights? Very unlikely though...

Comment

Del Toro has about a billion projects he wants to do, including JLA Dark. And now he is going to do Pac Rim 2... I would prefer he do Hellboy III!

THEN, do an awesome Justice League Dark and maybe even tie it into the "Constantine" TV series.

Alas, he has talked about so many awesome things he wants to do, but they never seem to get done... he's got a lot of stuff going on, so I think it will be awhile, if ever, before we get a JL Dark (from Del Toro, at least. Maybe they do like Wright and Ant-Man and put someone else on it...)

Comment

Del Toro's latest update on JLD:

"Right now the plans are to make it a feature. We are deep in the screenplay writing phase. I think we see eye to eye (Warners and DC and myself) on what the movie is and I think it will serve really well as a movie."

"The ideal form is to develop the movie. The only thing I made clear to them (the Constantine TV show) is that the TV series will not affect the movie and they said that's okay. Now if we see the TV series and we can mesh with it or cast the same actor depending on where the movie is going then I would be happy to consider (meshing with the show)."

"We came in and I tried 2 or 3 different structures for the screenplay. I wrote a 75 page template for the universe... that takes a year... We needed to create a new story. Then we need to go to a screenplay writer. One draft takes between 6 and 8 months. It really takes a while."

Comment

Six to eight months for a first draft? That's a lot of research happening there.

Comment

I'm glad they're still figuring out how to make the movie instead of wholly giving up on it.

Comment

Originally posted by BoyScout-ManOfTomorrow
              I'm glad they're still figuring out how to make the movie instead of wholly giving up on it.
              We'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
                The only thing I made clear to them (the Constantine TV show) is that the TV series will not affect the movie and they said that's okay. Now if we see the TV series and we can mesh with it or cast the same actor depending on where the movie is going then I would be happy to consider (meshing with the show)."
                Huh. I was wondering, with the Constantine show, how they were going to work that. I think it's good idea to keep it separate but it's also good that he's keeping things open just in case. And it makes me wonder if any of the characters from the movie would go be on the show, if Constantine is still running by the time this comes out?

Thanks for the info, maasaloo!

Comment

Zatanna, Spectre, Dr. Fate and Swamp Thing are bound to show up maybe in the first season of the show. We've had Easter eggs of Swampy and Dr Fate in the pilot episode.

Comment

Originally posted by maasaloo
                    Zatanna, Spectre, Dr. Fate and Swamp Thing are bound to show up maybe in the first season of the show. We've had Easter eggs of Swampy and Dr Fate in the pilot episode.
                    They announced at Comic Con that Jim Corrigan will appear on Constantine and that he will eventually become the Spectre.

Comment

Fans have been wondering about the future of Guillermo del Toro's cinematic adaptation of the DC Comics series Justice League: Dark, since the project wasn't included in Warner Bros.' announcement last month of their upcoming slate of superhero movies. The movie, tentatively titled Dark Universe, has been confirmed as a [...]

Today, the completed screenplay for Dark Universe officially went to weekend reads at Warner Bros. The studio’s reactions to the script will be coming back in a few days, and the film could take another step toward production if Warner has a favorable opinion of what they see on the page.

Comment

Saw this news and am very hopeful.

Comment

Guillermo del Toro talks The Strain season 2, what he's planning to direct himself, the reception of season 1, Dark Universe, Frankenstein, and more

In an interview with Collider Guillermo del Toro briefly talks about Dark Universe.

Before we wrap up, I was hoping to get your opinion on something I’ve been writing about a lot lately. There’s so much talk about shared cinematic universes right now. I just wrote about something James Gunn posted on Facebook where he calls it putting the cart before the horse and a bad business model. During the Crimson Peak set visit you mentioned that you spoke to Donna Langley about possibly doing Frankenstein and that’s part of the Universal monster movie shared universe, so I was wondering what your take on it is?

DEL TORO: I haven’t followed up with Frankenstein so I really have very little to add to that. Right now the only sort of shared universe project I’m working on is Dark Universe for Warners, you know, for DC, which is Swamp Thing, Demon, Deadman, Zatanna. It’s a very different universe. As to the plans to the other one, I wish I had an inside track right now.

Comment

Guillermo Del Toro revealed why he left the project.

“Warners liked the script, they were very enthusiastic and wanted to green-light it but they wanted it to coincide with the shoot of Pacific Rim 2,” del toro told Daily Beast. “I was put in a very difficult place facing a difficult choice, and I chose to do Pacific Rim 2.”

Comment

Isn't Pacific Rim 2 a Warner's project?

This is an unfortunate turn of events, Dark Universe would have likely been good. Del Toro knows how to make good comic and fantasy films.

Comment

No Pacific Rim 2 is with Legendary Pictures and they partnered with Universal Pictures.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎