#5.11 "The Drawing of the Dark"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5.11 "The Drawing of the Dark"

Episode Description:

Mordred finds himself torn between loyalty and love, but little does he realize that the path he chooses will shape Camelot's destiny... As the drums of war beat ever louder, a desperate Merlin feels trapped by the cruel circle of fate - is he powerless to stop his dreams of Albion from crumbling to dust?

Excellent episode. At last Arthur is feeling the cold fingers of destiny and worries that he may have made a mistake. At last Morgana has the true name and whereabouts of her destiny and her doom. I can't wait for next week!

Comment

Next weeks episode looks incredible, I really enjoyed this episode and how Mordred became who he has become. I must admit Merlin has a lot to answer for, the predictions of of the future have made him paranoid.

Comment

Looks like to me that Merlin may lose his powers for a little while at least in the episode judging from the trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Amar J
          Looks like to me that Merlin may lose his powers for a little while at least in the episode judging from the trailer
          Most likely, which means he'll once again get off scott free without revealing himself. Though the way that it should go down is that Morgana cause mass destruction on Camelot which thus causes Merlin to show his true colors, Mordred kills Arthur as the series is concerned and a final cliffhanger scene before they cut to credits which would lead into what is rumored to be the movie (hopefully by 2014).

Comment

Legend has both Mordred and Arthur dead at the end of their confrontation, so I'm hard pressed to think of a movie that picks up a cliffhanger ending with Mordred still alive. I also don't know how they could walk back Merlin's identity being exposed without seriously damaging the story they've given us up to now. I don't think they will, but we'll know in 6 days.

Comment

This is the BBC, so I am expecting a happy ending if I am honest. I expect Arthur to be alive and for Merlin to be forced to use his magic to save everyone.

As for the movie, I highly doubt it will be made if everything ends in a perfect way

I expect Mordred to be alive with Morgana at the end, with Merlin with Arthur.

Comment

I don't know. I used to watch Robin Hood and they certainly turned that upside down, killing Marian and all.

Comment

Who watched tonight?

Comment

That was a good episode and seems like the finale 2 will be pretty big. Now Morgana knows Merlins secret identity. must drop a ice castle on her head and then have Arthur be like Im your brother and wipe memory wipe gunk on her cheek. lol

Comment

So I saw this episode on Friday but haven't been able to get on until now to talk about it. I have to admit I'm a bit ambivalent about it.

The start with Mordred and he knows the girl (guessed she was a Druid), and he's stealing potions (don't Druids know healing magic? I thought they did.).

Ah, those guards who let him sneak out so obviously must be the ancestors of the dudes who will later work for Luthor Security and guard the mansion! They don't even notice him!

I did like how Mordred appealed to Merlin's sense of loyalty and how Merlin promised him. Also, the swan bit was funny.

Merlin keeps his promise but Mordred assumes the worst. Mordred begging and admitting he helped her and pleading with Arthur. "You're breaking his heart. You'll lose his trust." And cue Mordred's turning (I'm a bit disappointed about that. I was hoping Merlin's fears would turn out to be false--I mean, I know the legend and all but we've subverted things before. And for Mordred to turn dark side because of love/a girl? How very Anakin Skywalker.).

Merlin ratting Mordred out to Arthur, poor Cara killed (why exactly couldn't Mordred save her? I mean, he could have gotten out of his cage and used his magic.). And now they've driven him straight to Morgana where he tells her the secret of Emrys (though I am surprised that Morgana didn't scoff. I mean, she knows Merlin. She's always dismissed him before. For her to just blindly accept it seemed a bit off to me.).

So while I wasn't thrilled with Mordred turning (especially the way he did) but I do think that Alexander did a great job playing those scenes. Especially when Mordred goes to beg Arthur to save the girl. Some powerful stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎