Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Year's End?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Year's End?"

How did you like the mid-season finale?
    10 - This episode did not fail this city!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - The writers should be put on the List.
    0%

Epic! Can't wait until January!

Comment

I liked the episode. The fight scenes were good, the island scenes better. I liked the tension with Moria and Walter and how it weaves into the larger picture. I hope Walter will be okay. The reveal was done well though I did expect it. The only part I didn't like was Thea. It seems every episode her and Oliver's relationship takes two steps back then one step forward.

Comment

I loved it and I can't wait for January 16th.

Comment

Loved the ep. Why do we have to wait for so long? Can't wait for the return in January and wondering who the Big Bad is.

Comment

Great season finale when we have, not one, but two fight scenes - one between Oliver and Dark Archer and the other with Deathstroke and Yao Fei in the island flashbacks. Yes, Merlyn is the Dark Archer but it's not Tommy Merlyn, but rather his father Malcolm Merlyn. Oliver discovers that his father didn't create the list, but rather someone else as he plans to find out who it is.

The hook of the episode was Oliver trying to set up a Christmas party with his family for the first time in 5 years and his relationship with Thea seems to be a step forward and two steps backwards. It's like a will they/ won't they situation that they've created. In contrast to them is Oliver and Dinah's relationship that are setting up the foundations instead of falling into the Smallville trap of will they/ won't they thing with Clark and Lana.

Felicity Smoak is very useful and should be in on Oliver's secret and we find out she doesn't celebrate Christmas. Oliver would have support for his vigilante activities with both Diggle and Felicity.

Walter got too close on the List and he had to be taken care of with a knockout sleep instead of being killed. However, his disappearance is going to be the cause of the family problems down the line if Oliver finds out.

Detective Lance seems to be defending Oliver whether he likes it or not and paid the price when his commanding officer removes him from the case. He and Dinah get a present from Tommy with a photograph of he, Dinah, and her late sister. Still no mention of her mother.

Comment

Originally posted by vantheman77
              Felicity Smoak is very useful and should be in on Oliver's secret and we find out she doesn't celebrate Christmas. Oliver would have support for his vigilante activities with both Diggle and Felicity.
              Felicity is ok in small doses but I rather we don't get a situation that she turns into the writers easy way to move the plot forward all the time

Comment

It was a good set up to what's to come.

Everything is going to come to a head when it comes to the Merylns. Tommy will find out about his father but, it will be too late. Tommy will blame Arrow for it and try to get revenge (Spiderman plot anyone).

Comment

Best episode of the season imo. The island flashbacks were intriguing (and nice to have back again), the Dark Archer plot was very good and the Tommy/Laurel/Oliver stuff was kept at a minimum. So many questions going into the 2nd half of the season. Walter's predicament, papa Merlyn's plan, Moira's involvement in Robert's death and what happened on the island. Can't wait.

I think Oliver must have interacted with every character of the show in this episode, but I liked his scenes with Diggle, Felicity and Detective Lance. Good dynamic there. It will also be interesting to see what kind of relationship he has with Malcolm from now on.

P.S. Loved how Lance left the arrow for Oliver at the corner of O'Neil and Adams. I am guessing that was an homage to the writer and artist that handled the Green Arrow comic back in the 70s.
                  Last edited by costas22; 12-13-2012, 02:43 AM.

Comment

I gave it a 9. Really enjoyed the fight between GA and Dark Archer.

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                    It was a good set up to what's to come.

Everything is going to come to a head when it comes to the Merylns. Tommy will find out about his father but, it will be too late. Tommy will blame Arrow for it and try to get revenge (Spiderman plot anyone).
                    I really don't think that will happen, lol.

Comment

10! ARROW has yet to disappoint me.

I do agree that they should be careful with how they use Felicity...loving her...I also hope their is something brighter for Thea.

Can't wait for JAN 16th!

Comment

So far I'm liking this series.

Comment

Great episode. The Dark Archer was pretty good and we finally got some more island scenes. Can't wait to see how that plays out.

One small thing bothered me. Oliver keeps going to Felicity with all those weird inquiries. She's a smart girl, she should have called him on the "arrow for his friend" thing especially after the "latte on my bullet-ridden laptop" stunt. Oliver should have researched the arrow himself or let Dig handle it.

Comment

Whitney and Criminal Minds were the only gainers this Wednesday night, with the former matching its Season 2 high by inching up a tenth in the demo to a 1.4. CBS’ 9 o’clock crime drama meanwhile drew the night’s largest audience (12 million total viewers) while ticking up a tenth in the demo (to 3.1). […]

Comment

* The CW’s Arrow (3.13 mil/1.0) slipped 6 percent and a tenth (tying its series low); those numbers could change due to 12.12.12 concert preemptions.
                              Plus this time of year has never really been kind to the CW.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎