Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Citzen Fang?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Citzen Fang?

What did you think?
    10 - Bloody Goodness
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Off with this episodes head.
    0%

The Dean and Benny dynamic is really interesting and I'm really liking Benny's story arc. This was a pretty solid episode, though definitely sad to see the two brothers so divided over something like this.

I didn't give it a 9 or 10 because I could not be more bored by the whole Amelia/Sam thing. I just hope that that story gets more interesting after the break and I'm glad that we seem to be done with flashbacks at least.

Comment

oh gawd can we stop with the fighting already??!!!
      Dean has some serious issues. First he replaces Sam with Castiel. Now he's replaced them both with Benny because Benny "never let him down" barf!

I don't get the writers obsession with the constant Sam bashing. Sam is a terrible brother and constantly bringing up things he's done in the past. Let's just skip over the whole Amy thing and keep blaming Sam for everything, call him a terrible brother and set him up with the most annoying female on the planet.
      I mean her dad in one episode was more fricken entertaining then she's been in how many episode flashbacks.

Speaking of flashbacks, they're so random!! Sam looks at the sink... cue flashback of Amelia and the dog. At this point I'm more concerned about what happened to the dog. Is he forced to live with annoying Amelia?

Back to Benny. I actually didn't mind seeing more of his life. But I'm forcing myself not to like him because I don't like that he's Dean's new replacement.. and apparently his new brother. I want to see Sam and Dean in impala driving to a new case. Banter. Cuteness. Occasional singing.

Can't wait to see Cas and what's going on with him.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamsofnever
        The Dean and Benny dynamic is really interesting and I'm really liking Benny's story arc. This was a pretty solid episode, though definitely sad to see the two brothers so divided over something like this.

I didn't give it a 9 or 10 because I could not be more bored by the whole Amelia/Sam thing. I just hope that that story gets more interesting after the break and I'm glad that we seem to be done with flashbacks at least.
        agreed. I've been relatively pleased with most of the arcs so far this season. I am not really liking the sam and dean bickering this season. I also hope this Emilia story goes somewhere, so far i have yet to see any real use for her except in the first few episodes to help sam with "missing" dean. Though i think it would be funny if she turned out to be a vessel for something.

Comment

Bloody brilliant. Best episode of the season.

I got nothing bad to say about this one. When I first saw Elisabeth I thought "okay, what's up with all the recasting this year?" but the actress did a good job so I didn't mind it. And I am so happy they didn't kill off Benny. He's one of the coolest and most interesting supporting character ever to be introduced on this show (and there's been plenty of great characters), I really hope he survives the season.

Comment

Wasn't the girl played by the same actress that played Lisa's friend in the episode about the creepy children?

Comment

Yes she was.

And this episode was SO good. Hated to see Martin turn south and end up becoming a bad hunter before his death, but I guess he was still half-ass crazy.

And "Citizen Fang" definitely showed that Amelia and Don are in fact real....but I'm still wondering if Don's resurrection has something to do with angels.

Good to see Benny live on though! But hate to see there being a hiatus with Sam and Dean pissed off at eachother.

Comment

I watched this episode today and I'm still having all sorts of mixed feelings about it.

Benny's storyline. I kind of get what they are getting at here (trying to prove that because he's a "monster" he doesn't have to be a monster). And the idea of Benny leaving behind a great-granddaughter (so he and that girl/vamp Dean killed had children? *is confused*) was a bit interesting.

In regards to Martin, I am confused as to timeline stuff. Sam says Martin got out and called Sam about a year ago. So was this right before Dean went into Purgatory? Because after Sam ditched his 'hunter' phone and the life. And if it was before why didn't Sam tell Dean about it? *is still confused* And Sam's had him tracking Benny? I get that Sam might be inclined to trust Martin (after all, Sam's had his own share of mental problems) but this still seems like a bad idea to me.

"Any hunter worth his salt isn't going to let one walk around freely." What about Lenore, Sam? You were advocating leaving her and her nest alone years ago? And now you're suddenly 'all vamps must die'? What happened to the Sam who said "no we kill things that are evil, Dean"? (this was the first indication in this episode that Sam is not being written right, to me.)

I should note that at this point I was paying attention to the credits because the directing was already very different (I felt) so I wanted to see who the director was. Nick Copus? I looked him up and this was his first time directing SPN. He had an interesting style. I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

Sam keeping his promise to give Dean time was nice to see.

Dean getting his flirt on (loved the bit later when Dean found out she was related to Benny) was nice to see back again (as far as we know, Dean hasn't had sex since getting back from Purgatory, right?). Along with pie.

And then Dean's council with Martin and Sam. Wow, was that painful to watch. "Every relationship I have ever had has gone to crap"? Yikes, Dean. And then the bit about finally finding someone he can trust? So Sam doesn't count? Poor Sammy looked so upset/hurt/whatever after that. And then Martin knocking Dean out. Martin wanting to hunt Benny I understand. But why isn't Sam trusting his brother? They've 'made friends' with monsters before. It's seems strange of Sam.

And then we come to Amelia's SOS and Sam just leaves Martin and, worse, Dean?! I was stunned. I don't care if she did 'save him' I can't see Sam leaving innocents in danger and running off like that. Another OOC moment for Sam.

The vials of Dead Man's Blood in the trunk was a nice callback and then ganking the vamp.

Then Martin showing just how off the rails he is and basically goading Benny into killing him.

Another huge reveal--it was Dean who texted Sam?! A trick? (I had wondered why Dean didn't seem to notice/care that Sam was gone.) Wow. Just...wow. Amelia and Don back together again and then she shows up at the bar (why wasn't Sam on his way back to Martin and Dean? *is even more confused*).

I am so disappointed that after nearly 3 years of the brothers fighting we're still having them in conflict! (Yes, they consolidated a bit during Season 7 but even then Amy stood between them--metaphorically speaking.) I just want them to be brothers and friends again.

So...yeah. Heckuva episode to go to hiatus on...

Comment

I also got a little bored with the Sam/Amelia thing..... but overall I liked this episode better than some of the other episodes this season so far.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎