X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Episode Tonight

Comment

Cain't wait!

[edit] Repeats seem to hold up well.

Last edited by Caught_In_The_Sun; 07-01-2013, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Ratings were down from the premiere but that is to be expected I guess.

Last night was okay...we know something about the dome as far as water goes and I am guessing air can get through too?

Comment

Now that we know that air and water can get in, it means something else can get in too....the dead. A semi-permeable dome means that ghosts and angry spirits can get inside the town anytime they want. And once they're in, who they gonna call? The Domebusters? They're going to have to rename the series to Dome of the Dead pretty soon. Other possible names for the series could have been:

Dome and Domer
          When in Dome (Do as the Domans Do)
          There's No Place Like Dome
          Something Wicked This Way Domes
          Dome Be Afraid of the Dark
          Dome Alone
          Me, Myself and Dome
          Village of the Domed
          Dome for the Holidays
          Domed If I Do and Domed If I Don't
          Frankly My Dear, I Don't Give a Dome

Comment

Well, this program seems to have delivered on its promise. (A dome). So I can't really complain.

Dome for the Holidays

Now that's a scary thought. The family get-together for the holidays is rendered permanent when you're all trapped together by...... (the dome).

Comment

Seems like the dome is like an electrical screen or something.

I haent read the book or anything so just a guess that maybe someone or something is doing an experimnet on the town to see how people would act with no outside communication.

Comment

Originally posted by InactiveUserID
                Well, this program seems to have delivered on its promise. (A dome). So I can't really complain.

Dome for the Holidays

Now that's a scary thought. The family get-together for the holidays is rendered permanent when you're all trapped together by...... (the dome).
                Lol sounds like Christmas in Hell. And nobody would be getting any gifts either because even Santa can't get through the bloody thing (he'd probably get killed along with half his reindeer if he tried).

News Broadcaster: Breaking news. We've received reports that Santa Claus died last night trying to deliver gifts to the people under the dome. Experts are saying his generous and unbreakable spirit was no match for the even more unbreakable dome which shattered every bone in his body upon impact. Santa usually paints the town red this time of year figuratively, but this year he did so literally after painting the dome red with countless gallons of his deliciously sweet blood. In other news, the awe-inspiring dome continues to inspire awe in everybody it hasn't killed yet.

And now, the lyrics to the Domebusters theme song:

If there's something strange
                In your neighborhood
                Who ya gonna call
                DOMEBUSTERS

An invisible wall
                Trapping y'all inside?
                Who ya gonna call
                DOMEBUSTERS

I ain't afraid of no dome
                I ain't afraid of no dome

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                Seems like the dome is like an electrical screen or something.

I haent read the book or anything so just a guess that maybe someone or something is doing an experimnet on the town to see how people would act with no outside communication.
                I haven't read the book either. I posted some of my theories earlier in the thread, including the experiment possibility: http://www.ksitetv.com/forums/showth...=1#post7953129. I think I pretty much covered every general possibility, except for alternate/parallel universes, time travel (dome came from the future), and of course, ghosts, goblins and Eskimos. lol But seriously, I don't like that this is based on a book. As half the fun of a show like this is keeping the mystery going for as long as possible, but if they follow what the book does, then it's not really a mystery to a lot of people (to those who've read book, or research the story of the book and learn about it that way -- which I'm not going to do, but chances are eventually we'll be spoiled in some way because of the book's existence).

Comment

It's still shocking that I was able to see the last Harry Potter movie without getting spoiled by the entire rest of the world who already knew the ending.

It's possible this Dome thing was just a short story (?), in which case the show is only "inspired" by it but the show's leanings and content will have to be fleshed out as they need more specifics and plot, so I guess they're in luck to have Stephen standing by on call, eyeballing them and smirking while maintaining poor posture due to both past injuries and his native slothfulness.

Comment

I've read the book (which is very long, even by King standards!), though it's been a while, and know the ending but it doesn't matter much as the showrunners have already stated they changed the ending (with Stephen's permission). So those of us who know how the book ends are just as much in the dark as you who haven't read it, since now we don't know what TPTB changed the ending to.

Anyway, The Fire was a good second episode, IMO, but not as good as the pilot. Liked the flashback to Barbie and the husband scuffling. So Barbie was trying to get the guy to pay up to his (Barbie's) employer? I'm thinking Barbie's a mercenary and was contracted to get the money from the doctor for someone. Just my theory. It does seem a bit silly that he would leave his dog tags behind though.

I was cheering when Angie almost got out! And then was yelling at her when she told Junior she had slept with Barbie. Did she not realize that Junior might go out and try to hurt Barbie?!

Nice reveal that the Reverend was in on the scheme. The lifting of the keys and starting the fire. That was really dumb of him since we know the fire trucks are all out of town and more can't get in because of the dome.

Oh I liked the scenes with Joe and his friend. Joe discovers the water can't come through except like a sieve. And Joe's hero worship of Barbie was cute too.

So the military are not responsible, huh? I enjoyed Julia's anger and what she did at the radio station too. I didn't really understand why the DJ and the engineer weren't telling people though. Yes, they didn't want to 'cause panic' but how would telling people it's a dome do that?

Barbie vs. Junior. I found that bit kind of boring, actually.

The fire and Barbie taking charge and forming the bucket chain was good. Linda going in (she just inherited that house and now it's gone?), Big Jim demolishing (very clever--saves the day and gets rid of the evidence!), all good stuff. I did, however, dislike how they seem to be setting up a possible romance between the girl and Joe. And why was Joe just taking video with his cell phone rather than helping out? Also, how was it even working? I thought they said that cell phone signals weren't working?

The end with the guy pulling his gun and shooting the poor brother in law. And Big Jim's face when he sees Barbie take him down, you can almost see him wondering about him.

So yeah, good episode though not as great as the pilot.

Comment

And then was yelling at her when she told Junior she had slept with Barbie. Did she not realize that Junior might go out and try to hurt Barbie?!
                      I don't think she did. I think she still thinks of Junior has who he was before he kidnapped her. The guy she's know since he was 3. With the stress of everything going on she's probably having a hard time realizing he's a complete psycho now. That he's not just playing games with her. Or maybe she was hoping he would go after Barbie and Barbie would find her.

Nice reveal that the Reverend was in on the scheme. The lifting of the keys and starting the fire. That was really dumb of him since we know the fire trucks are all out of town and more can't get in because of the dome.
                      I think it was a true accident on his part, though definitely a extremely careless accident giving what's going on in the town. I think he thought the small fire would go out in the trash can, but then he was stupid enough to push it against the curtains.

I didn't really understand why the DJ and the engineer weren't telling people though. Yes, they didn't want to 'cause panic' but how would telling people it's a dome do that?

Yeah, I didn't understand that either. The girl was saying they weren't a news station. I'm think some people in town are still not taking the dome seriously. Like the government will be coming to their rescue any day now.

I did, however, dislike how they seem to be setting up a possible romance between the girl and Joe. And why was Joe just taking video with his cell phone rather than helping out? Also, how was it even working? I thought they said that cell phone signals weren't working?
                      Why the dislike on the possible romance?

With Joe and his recording, they were probably trying to show how kids these days are being raised to just watch and record the bad things they see and are happening rather than trying to help or do something about it.

I think the phone probably still works since it has it's own battery, but probably can't make phone calls.

Comment

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
                        I've read the book (which is very long, even by King standards!), though it's been a while, and know the ending but it doesn't matter much as the showrunners have already stated they changed the ending (with Stephen's permission). So those of us who know how the book ends are just as much in the dark as you who haven't read it, since now we don't know what TPTB changed the ending to.

Anyway, The Fire was a good second episode, IMO, but not as good as the pilot. Liked the flashback to Barbie and the husband scuffling. So Barbie was trying to get the guy to pay up to his (Barbie's) employer? I'm thinking Barbie's a mercenary and was contracted to get the money from the doctor for someone. Just my theory. It does seem a bit silly that he would leave his dog tags behind though.

I was cheering when Angie almost got out! And then was yelling at her when she told Junior she had slept with Barbie. Did she not realize that Junior might go out and try to hurt Barbie?!

Oh I liked the scenes with Joe and his friend. Joe discovers the water can't come through except like a sieve. And Joe's hero worship of Barbie was cute too.

So the military are not responsible, huh? I enjoyed Julia's anger and what she did at the radio station too. I didn't really understand why the DJ and the engineer weren't telling people though. Yes, they didn't want to 'cause panic' but how would telling people it's a dome do that?

Barbie vs. Junior. I found that bit kind of boring, actually.

The fire and Barbie taking charge and forming the bucket chain was good. Linda going in (she just inherited that house and now it's gone?), Big Jim demolishing (very clever--saves the day and gets rid of the evidence!), all good stuff. I did, however, dislike how they seem to be setting up a possible romance between the girl and Joe. And why was Joe just taking video with his cell phone rather than helping out? Also, how was it even working? I thought they said that cell phone signals weren't working?

The end with the guy pulling his gun and shooting the poor brother in law. And Big Jim's face when he sees Barbie take him down, you can almost see him wondering about him.

They changed the ending? Atleast Stephen King allowed it. I always like it when the orginal creator approves stuff. I wonder if Stephen King will show up on the show. I know in movies he has had cameos. Hes like the thriller/horror/suspense version of Stan Lee lol. Anyway what was the ending of the book? I never read it so just curious. Use Spoiler Tags so it wont ruin it for anyone who will read the book.

I agree not as good as the pilot but since its based on a book not so much an episode by episode sort of thing we will probably have to watch the whole thing to see an entire plotline then having single plotlines each week.

This is only a one season series right?

Also I wonder if water keep seep thru the Dome then how come no one can hear whats happening on the other side. Maybe the electromagentic forcefield its made of blocks sound or something.

Comment

I'm wondering if the tv show will stick with what the book had as an ending or if they will trail off. I watched episodes 1 and 2 and it feels like another Jericho to me (good and bad with that).

Well that answers that hahaha....I wonder if they are just saying they changed it to keep people interested or if they really did change it. I guess the numerous re-writes that King did to get the book out didn't really assist him with the ending.
                          Last edited by Ginx; 07-08-2013, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginx
                            I'm wondering if the tv show will stick with what the book had as an ending or if they will trail off. I watched episodes 1 and 2 and it feels like another Jericho to me (good and bad with that).

Well that answers that hahaha....I wonder if they are just saying they changed it to keep people interested or if they really did change it. I guess the numerous re-writes that King did to get the book out didn't really assist him with the ending.

When people write books they probably have different endings in mind for the book then have to eventually pick one. I assume if they do have a different ending its probably one of the endings King didnt use.

Comment

Okay, geek mode on. When we got the 'stars fall down' line I grinned. Because one of TPTB for this show is Brian K. Vaughn and while he's done some TV stuff (like Lost, I believe?) I mostly know him from his comic book work. Y: The Last Man and Ex Machina, in particular. And in the latter, one of the 'catchphrases', recurring lines from that book is a line about 'stars fall down'. So I immediately wondered if BKV had a hand in putting that in.

The differences between book and series (it's been a while since I read the book. I wanted to re-read before the show started but didn't have a chance) were sometimes subtle and sometimes really not *cough*Angielives*cough. The start with Barbie was interesting, makes me wonder how that will play out now.
                              If you did read the book then you know that the "stars falling" was in the book. So sorry to say that it was stephen king's addition. Sorry to burst your bubble. But you are right. With things starting the way that they did with Barbie on the show as opposed to the book it just throws everything up in the air. So I guess you really didn't have to worry about re-reading b4 the show came out.
                              Last edited by samwinchestermustdie; 07-14-2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar
                                Or maybe she was hoping he would go after Barbie and Barbie would find her.
                                I could see that. Hoping that Barbie would beat Junior up and then perhaps come rescue her? Yeah, I can see her doing it for that reason.

Why the dislike on the possible romance?
                                Part of it is "oh two teenagers, a boy and a girl, we've got to have them get together", type thing. The other part is Joe seems like a pretty straight laced guy and she (can't remember the girl's name) is a bad girl. You just know if they have them get together it will be the cliched "good boy redeems bad girl and turns her good" story. So I'd rather they not pair those two up at all, frankly. If they wanted to develop a friendship between them, okay, but hopefully not a romance. And definitely not a cliched one, I would hope!

Originally posted by superhippie2000
                                Anyway what was the ending of the book?
                                [SPOILER]It turns out the dome was put there by aliens--actually alien children who were doing the same thing as when human kids put bugs in jars to keep/study them. Julia convinces the aliens that they are humans and to let them go, but at the end there are only a handful of survivors left who do make when the aliens take the dome down.[/SPOILER]

This is only a one season series right?
                                It's being called a "mini series" with an option to get picked up for more. They say they are prepared to do more seasons (TPTB joked they are ready to do a "15 season run") and seeing as how well it's done in the ratings I'm pretty sure it will get picked up for more.

Originally posted by samwinchestermustdie
                                If you did read the book then you know that the "stars falling" was in the book.
                                Was it? Like I said it's been a while since I read the book and I didn't remember that was in there. Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎