No announcement yet.

Don't Go Ripping my Heart

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Go Ripping my Heart

Okay, seriously, this heart ripping thing has got to stop.

Or maybe I just need someone to explain it to me.

From what I remember, when Rumple was training Regina in heart ripping it was a magical thing. She was using magic for evil and all that.

Regina also had Graham's heart, which is why he couldn't feel emotions (in Storybrook), and why he couldn't leave the castle (in FT land). But Graham wasn't a automaton or a zombie or anything like that, he did make his own choices somewhat. In FT land he helped Charming escape, and in Storybrook he kissed Emma.

Now we have this new aspect of Cora raising zombies from the dead using their hearts. Did she take the hearts in the first place and that is how they died? Because others have had their hearts taken and they live on. Or did she go about heart ripping after they were already dead? (Which is pretty sick if you think about it.) Which begs the question, why were these folks zombies, but Graham and now Aurora are not? And perhaps the answer to that lies in when your heart it taken, when you are alive or when you are dead. And could Cora then pop one of these hearts back into the chest of the zombie and *poof* they are alive again?

And now we have the question of Hook. As far as we know, Hook has no magic, yet he was able to rip Aurora's heart. It leaves me wanting to break into singing: "Who do you think you are? Running 'round leaving scars. Collecting your jar of hearts."

If anyone can go about ripping anyone's heart than FT land should be just a heart ripping heartless place. I know I've wanted to rip a few hearts here and there myself, I mean, who hasn't?

And how will Aurora behave now? Graham had somewhat his own free will, but Aurora seems to be much more controlled.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by closetclana; 11-28-2012, 02:56 PM.

I had always thought that Cora had taught Hook how to do it just in case. Cora has always seemed like one of those villains that would always stay one step ahead. She knew Regina would try to escape her marriage to the king at some point, so she made it so that Regina could never leave unless she was with the king. We don't know how long Hook and her were together, only that at one point they split up so that she could use him to act as a sort of spy in Emma's group. For all we know though, she could have taught him the heart ripping technique during their time together.

It also makes sense that Cora might know more about the hearts than Regina. Regina was taught by Rumple, but she was driven more by feelings of hatred and revenge, whereas Cora was driven purely by power. Regina would focus more on the aspects of destroying, whereas Cora would learn as much as she could so that she could constantly increase her power. It'd make sense that Cora might know more in the sense that she could control what a person says and does, whereas Regina might not know that much (But she might also, we don't know), because she would have learned all that she could so that she could exploit this power at its fullest extent.

I feel like Aurora is going to be completely under her control. Even in moments where she might speak freely, Cora is going to be watching closely and making sure that Aurora is completely her puppet, unlike Graham was to Regina. There might be a point when the group suspects and Cora lets her speak freely as to confuse the group or to throw off the suspicion, otherwise she's just another puppet that only says what Cora does.

Comment

Good points.

I do seem to remember that when Snow, Emma, Mulan, and Aurora came back into the camp to see everyone dead with their hearts ripped out, it was different than say, when Regina ripped Graham's (as The Huntsman) heart out. In those cases, it was magical in the sense that there wasn't a hole left. I don't know if that makes any sense, but in the other times we've seen it with Daniel, it was a straight hand goes in, hand comes out with a heart, but there was no hole. But, with the people in the camp, they had holes where you could see a heart was pulled from their body.

I don't know if that helps matters any, but that's the difference I see in the situations.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎