Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smallville Season 11: "Detective: Digital Week 11 (11-23-2012)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smallville Season 11: "Detective: Digital Week 11 (11-23-2012)

Smallville Season 11: "Detective" Digital Week 4 (11/23/12)

A new chapter of "Detective" is out today!

Here's info on where you can get it:

Talk about it here!
    __________________________________________________ ______

After last weeks issue, this one was a true return to form. Stellar art, exciting story, and a healthy dose of Smallvillisms for a complete package. The Loomis bot may be a bit much for the second episode of the post Superman season, but it was done well and I enjoyed the battle.

The problem with the format is that the commercial break is at minimum 1-week long and sometimes a few weeks. This means that the anticipation is always extremely high and sometimes the payoff can be dissapointing. I can't wait to read the whole episode. It all flows perfectly when you read it as one big issue.

I love Season 11. I'm so happy to be discussing Smallville. I hope it lasts.
    10 - World's Finest
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Detention Comics
    0%

The art was much better this week!

Comment

Snooze! I'm thankful we only have one more week on this episode. I'm really quite through and ready to move on.

It took halfway through this chapter for anything to really get going this week. Then, after they make such a big deal about putting Clark in the suit to avoid Kryptonite exposure, Loomis' robot shreds the suit and exposes him to it anyway. The one thing I'll give the chapter is that, like the show, the effects of Kryptonite are not consistent and Clark is able to battle his way through it to take the robot suit down. *smh*

And the Ollie boxing glove arrow felt like they were trying too hard, especially with the fact that Ollie had to explain using it to Fries.

Comment

^^ITA

Comment

Originally posted by ArtgirlTexas
          The art was much better this week!
          Thankful for that.

Comment

Boxing glove arrow...enough said...in a good way

Comment

Yep, they joked about it many times before, so might as well do it.

Comment

It was ok. Personally though I am looking forward to Haunted more than I am next week's wrap up.
                Last edited by costas22; 11-24-2012, 01:29 AM.

Comment

I enjoyed it

Comment

The boxing glove arrow was a bit too much. The TV show was occasionally campy, but never this campy. I get that it was likely a deliberate thing, but I still didn't like it.

All in all, I can't wait for the Batman arc to finally end. It just didn't feel like the TV show for me. IMO, they should have focused on the established characters from the show instead of semi-randomly introducing the rest of the DC rooster.

Comment

Originally posted by Thailog
                      The boxing glove arrow was a bit too much. The TV show was occasionally campy, but never this campy.
                      Right, it's not like we never had episodes like Thirst, Spirit or Fortune. I'd always take a boxing glove arrow than Oliver dancing around dressed like a transvestite.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnR
                        Right, it's not like we never had episodes like Thirst, Spirit or Fortune. I'd always take a boxing glove arrow than Oliver dancing around dressed like a transvestite.
                        Right, Smallville Ollie finally has one of the most iconic Green Arrow trick Arrows. Only wish I could see it in live action.

This comic arc, like I said in a previous thread, to me has all the elements and beats the previous Hero of the week episodes Smallville did(Run, Aqua, Cyborg, Arrow, Siren, Hex, Idol, Absolute Justice, Booster are main episodes I had in mind) as well as the feel of the usual Batman/Superman first meeting(STAS 3 part "World's Finest" movie, The Batman Season 5 2 part premiere episode"The Batman/Superman story", Geoff Johns/Jim Lee New 52. Justice League#2, The Batman Strikes#44, Frank Miller's Dark Knight Return and All Star Batman and Robin, John Bryne Man of Steel#3 with a more unique "SMALLVILLE" feel/spin on things) with only few minor differences:

1.) Clark is finally Superman/accepted his destiny so it's a bit more public than Smallville comics usually are

2.) This is a comic instead of TV Show(however I honestly can hear them say each line in the comic.) However some things (Batmobile, Batboat, Batwing) has a little more have a big budget film than what the later seasons could have provided(however I feel everything before season 6 could do most if not all of these scenes if not a big budget movie/TV movie or 4 part cartoon episode with the Smallville actors.)

Comment

Sometimes bigger isn't always better, Imo. I enjoyed Smallville the way it was even the Doomsday finale which some were disappointed in because the budget didn't allow a bigger battle. I know I'm in the minority here. Anyway, it was different having Batman and glad it is almost over so we can get back to hopefully a recognizable Smallville again.

Comment

Originally posted by SnowBird
                            Sometimes bigger isn't always better, Imo. I enjoyed Smallville the way it was even the Doomsday finale which some were disappointed in because the budget didn't allow a bigger battle. I know I'm in the minority here. Anyway, it was different having Batman and glad it is almost over so we can get back to hopefully a recognizable Smallville again.

Idk, what I was trying to say was to me it already feels like a Smallville/Superman(mainly Superman the Animated series and a little LnC) episode just with Batman characters(only Smallville-ized like they did with DC characters like Bart Allen, Rudy Jones/Parasite, John Corben/Metallo, Arthur Curry, Dinah Lance, etc) as well as expanding on characters and ideas who has appeared on the show(Bruno Mannheim, Intergang, Toyman, Veritas) and having them line up with the character's usual comic/iconic self(Bruno and Intergang being connected to Darkseid and Apokolips, Toyman and Prankster having a relationship of sorts(be it friendship or enemy) like in the comics, Batman and Superman has a enemy/friendship, etc) which the Smallville cast and crew spent doing especially around season 6-10.

On another note To me Batman felt like a mix of Frank Miller Batman(more specifically DKR) older gruff Batman(only This Batman is around Ollie and Lex's age and started his superhero career around the same time Green Arrow did), Chris Nolan/Christian Bale Batman, Bruce Timm and Paul Dini/Kevin Conroy Batman and New 52 Batman with a few differences/more connections to the Smallville universe and Barbara feels like mix between Barbara Gordon(mostly Frank Miller ASBR BG, Batgirl Year One and the one who appeared in The Batman cartoon), Carrie Kelly from Frank Miller Batman books and Stephanie Brown both of which I can see perfectly in the Smallville universe because to me Smallville characters are usually a combination/elements of their different selves with minor chanhes( example:Lex is a combo of Post Crisis and Silver/Bronze Age Lex, Clark is a combo of Richard Donner/Christopher Reeve Superman, Golden Age, Silver/Bronze Age, Post Crisis and various other Superman with minor Bart is a combo of Barry Allen, Wally, and Bart Allen, etc).

I get that you don't like the Batman and you just want to get to the next arc(thankfully we have 2-3 more weeks to go). All that I'm saying is Detective to me feels exactly like a Smallville episode(more specifically a Smallville Hero of the week episode like. Run, Aqua, Siren, Hex, Absolute Justice, etc) the only difference is that this is a comic book and not the live action TV Show and that this is Batman(a very heavily anticipated character that many fans wanted to see on the show)'s first appearance(no different from Bart Allen, Arthur Curry, Kara, Booster Gold, Oliver Queen, or even the JSA). Well that's just how I felt about this.

Comment

-^^There is a big difference in Batman and the other young superheroes that came to Smallville TV series. He has brought his whole arsenal with him and that doesn't feel like SV. Others came with very little. Green Arrow had a few gadget arrows but that doesn't compare to a Batmobile, etc. Again I say that BQM said that Batman was only a little ahead of Superman so it seems to me he wouldn't be as far advanced as he is. But the writer wanted the WOW factor and so equipped Batman to the hilt. I would have rather seen less and then it would have seemed more like a younger version of a superiorhero visiting Smallville like in the past, imo.
                              Last edited by SnowBird; 11-24-2012, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎