#5.08 "The Hollow Queen"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #5.08 "The Hollow Queen"

Episode Description:

When Merlin agrees to help a young Druid boy, Daegel, he has no choice but to leave Camelot on a dangerous mission. With the citadel distracted by the visit of the fearsome Sarrum of Amata, it seems no one will notice his absence.

But as the skys darken, so do Merlin's suspicions- is there more to Daegel than meets the eye? And can a man as ruthless as Sarrum ever truly be trusted? Before long, the young warlock realizes he has made a terrible mistake.

None of the noobs can be trusted. When will those fools learn.

Comment

We finally found out what happened to Aithusa and it broke my heart. I enjoyed the scenes between Arthur and Gwen. I want my real Gwen back now!!!!

Comment

Now that this has aired here in America, let's talk about it. I have to admit, this episode was not the best. Some kid running around Camelot (was it me or did he look sort of like a younger Merlin?)? I did love the boys decorating the bed chamber for Gwen *cough*Merthur*cough*.

Arthur being hopeless without Merlin (seriously Arthur? You can't even dress yourself?) was funny.

Merlin trying the mindspeech on the kid and him not hearing him (I thought that was deliberate, that he was ignoring Merlin because he was leading him into a trap. I was half right!). Oops, Morgana! And she poisoned Merlin.

The Sarrum (?) talking about torturing Morgana (I had wondered when that took place but it must have happened in the missing 3 years--it's mentioned he kept her for 2 years). Poor dragon...I liked how Gwen was so upset (I think she would have been even if she wasn't under Morgana's thrall).

Gwen scheming with the King. Merlin showing his magic to the kid. And of course the dude is planning on double crossing Gwen (who is planning on double crossing him).

Gwen lying (and Gaius knowing it) and the kid being shown as being another victim of Uther's tyranny against magic.

Oops, dude killed his own king as Merlin saves the day yet again. And the poor kid dies (he was doomed as soon as he found out Merlin's secret. Like Smallville before it, if you learn the secret you either die or are made to forget someone, unless your status is upgraded--a la Chloe). And things go back to the status quo.

Aside from Gwen's attempt this felt a bit like a filler episode to me.

Comment

you know
          with all due respects to
          Angel who loves being able to play bad/evil Quenn Gwen, this whole evil Queen Gwen arc feels like filler episodes to me.

Except for now knowing what happen to the white dragon nothing new is being reviled. So Morgana is still trying to kill Arthur - so that's new.

With this being the fifth and final season of Merlin I was looking for more movement towards the final showdown with Morgana, what's up with Mordred and Arthur and Merlin becoming the legends.

Why do they have to wait for Episodes 12 & 13 to wrap it all up?

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎