No announcement yet.

The Tomorrow People (CW 2013) - Original KSiteTV Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Tomorrow People (CW 2013) - Original KSiteTV Thread

Oh no, another remake... wait what? The Vampire Diaries' Julie Plec? Arrow's Greg Berlanti? Hmmm...

What do you all think?

Sounds like every other tv show where people developed "special abilities". We have Alphas at the moment; we had Heroes, Mutant X, Generation X...any others I missed? What's going to make it actually different?
    Last edited by darkphoenix21; 11-13-2012, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Is this related to the show that aired on Nickelodeon back in the day?

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
        Sounds like every other tv show where people developed "special abilities". We have Alphas at the moment; we had Heroes, Mutant X, Generation X...any others I missed? What's going to make it actually different?
        The Tomorrow People was created before all of those shows that you mentioned, for one.

The original show took place in the future, not sure about the Nick version... I'm not sure what to think of that though, because the future stuff was super cheesy.

Another difference is that Greg Berlanti and Julie Plec weren't involved with Heroes, Mutant X, or Generation X

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 3:16
          Is this related to the show that aired on Nickelodeon back in the day?
          Yup.

Comment

That was a cool show! I will definitely give this show a chance. I love stuff like Mutant X and X-Men so I will give it a chance.

Comment

I was watching some clips on YT of both the old and the 90's version...for some reason I this will end up more like Chronicle...minus some stuff. I loved Mutant X though...so something more like that would be better. I just hope they don't do too much too soon...like Heroes.

Comment

Originally posted by Caught_In_The_Sun
                I was watching some clips on YT of both the old and the 90's version...for some reason I this will end up more like Chronicle...minus some stuff. I loved Mutant X though...so something more like that would be better. I just hope they don't do too much too soon...like Heroes.
                I haven't seen Chronicle yet... was it cool? It looked cool.

I'm really excited for this. If anyone can get this right, it's them.

Comment

Chronicle was a cool movie...I think the concept/idea was better than the execution...in some parts at least.

Comment

Chronicle was a cool movie especially the final fight. I think a sequel is in the works from John Landis's son.

I hope this happens and maybe this should be the show that Britt Robertson gets another chance with. She deserves to be on a really great show again.

Comment

The was the highlight of the movie!

I agree...I hope casting for this show or some other shows think about Britt...it is crazy cause 2 shows she was on with The CW started great but fizzled.

Comment

I think if they were to get Britt Robertson there might be too many Secret Circle parallels. I'd probably want someone else who hasn't really had the same chance to shine (yet).

Comment

I just hope it is cast right and compelling. I do think we need more SF/F on TV and things with people that have powers are a plus.

[edit] I do wish they would give more comic heroes a shot...Blue Beetle...Star Girl are at the top of my list.

Comment

Blue Beetle and Star Girl might be too superhero-ey. One advantage to something like the Tomorrow People is, like a costumeless X-Men or a Runaways, people can relate to. Even Arrow's "costume" is kind of practical and rooted in the real world.

Comment

Cool...hope this makes it to series.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎